Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
if you cut out khadgar being like a patronized 20 year old, the constant repetition of trying to explain everything to the audience who never played any of the games, and then cut out the confusing story jumping and the romance

then you'd have a pretty good warcraft movie

maybe they'll do like a 'tolkien edit' of the film for true fans, except it'd be about 39 minutes long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Applewhite posted:

Oh yeah I did skip that movie.

My favorite part was how everyone kept whispering about the Fel like there was some big puzzle that needed to be put together but we knew literally everything we needed to know about the Fel from the first five minutes of the movie.

i cant remember the word used but yeah i noticed they refused to call it fel magic and just move on, they kept re-inventing it and re-explaining it for like a loving hour lmao

FEL MAGIC, GREEN MAGIC, LIKE NECROMANCY OR BLACK MAGIC EXACTLY FROM 2000 YEAR OLD STORIES, GOT IT was all they had to do

if the magic is white = healing, dark green goo oozing out of someones head = evil, plz we get it, i swear we get it

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Applewhite posted:

You know I used to think Blizzard cutscenes were really hot poo poo back when I was fourteen, and watching modern cutscenes makes me think "man, Blizzard has really gone downhill" but actually I bet that Blizzard has actually always been bad.

dont let the lovely movie erase history for you, don't pretend watching that orcs hand fall into a puddle next to a humans hand wasn't the coolest loving poo poo ever the morning you bought and installed wc3 in 2002 or w/e

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

FuturePastNow posted:

I just want another Warcraft RTS. gently caress WoW

i often think about how i want warcraft 4 even knowing it will probably be bad, and at the very minimum of things to gently caress up: you'll only get 1 campaign unless you buy 1 expansion per year for 3 years, and im even expecting them to sell custom kodo reskins and poo poo

still, i can hope they do what wouldve been a very easy task if they didn't change direction so heavily over the last ten years

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

LT56 posted:

i just wish u would post quality reading like

mah pp etc

btw have u read dare's manfiesto?

i heard it was incoherent and not worth a read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005