Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Egorger Le Chef posted:

cats are pretty gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

I'm gonna give you a hug, friend

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Mozi posted:

ops probation is well deserved

That probation was ten months in the making.

edit: haha they probated everyone in that thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750215

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

my cat's gay. No big deal really. get over it.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I'm petting a cat right now. It's being a real slut about it though and keeps whacking me as I try to post instead of focusing on head rubs.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i will never understand how anyone could prefer having a cat over a dog.

every day when I come home, my dog is there to greet me. when i pull into the driveway, she goes to the door and stares at me through the window. her tail then starts to wag faster and faster as i get closer to the front door. and when i open the door, she greets me as if I've been gone for years. this happens every single day, and is by far the best part of my day.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I dunno cats are cute and they don't bark or poo poo everywhere and I like them :shrug:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Cats are the best, because they are funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSvIdBNa5k

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Dogs are drooling, high-maintenance vermin for people in need of affirmation.

Cats are minor deities that made urban settlement possible for humans.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cats are the single greatest threat to north american wildlife. they kill and slaughter without remorse, need, or cause. they must be stopped

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

My dog plays Street Fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPuyagq27hs

Your move, cats.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Cats are puking, disease carrying house plants whose' assholes will inevitably rot away and require expensive vet service.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

every day when I come home, my dog is there to greet me. when i pull into the driveway, she goes to the door and stares at me through the window. her tail then starts to wag faster and faster as i get closer to the front door. and when i open the door, she greets me as if I've been gone for years. this happens every single day, and is by far the best part of my day.

my cat does this but instead of wagging his tail he flops on his back, makes little chirruping noises and waves his paws in the air awaiting a belly rub

true, the belly rub has roughly a 1 in 5 chance of being a trap but the other 4 times it's really cute

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

Cats do the same thing though, at least until you feed it.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi posted:

cats are the single greatest threat to north american wildlife. they kill and slaughter without remorse, need, or cause. they must be stopped

who gives a poo poo about small birds and rodents

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

b-minus1 posted:

My cat is always waiting for me and wont leave me alone for like a half hour after I get home. Then it goes back to sleep/loving around with small objects in my house like it was before. The perfect pet.

Congrats on torturing your dog though because they legit believe you are gone forever every time you leave.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Cats also obsessively keep your tables and counters spotlessly free of any clutter.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
My cat got mashed by a car and my dog is still alive. Cats are dumb as gently caress and im kinda glad its dead because it kept scratching my chair even though it had a scratch post. Cats also kill a lot of birds and I like listening to them tweet in the mornings.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Protip: if you have a pet door for your cat it will piss and poo poo outside and you won't have to keep a box of feces in your home.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ubQxtEukvw

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
holey moley, i need some dog lovers to back me up here.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Dogs are objectively better than cats in every way.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Cigstomper58 posted:

Cats also obsessively keep your tables and counters spotlessly free of any clutter.

That is how cats enforce Gravity.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Interesting, because cats are objectively better than dogs in all aspects including the inconceivable ones.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cats are plants with legs.

I say this in every cat thread, and I own a cat (and a dog).

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Applewhite posted:

Dogs are for people who cherish love and affection and being appreciated, cats are for people who cherish being snubbed and ignored and secretly hated.

Both kinds of pets can be really smart. But a dog will use its smarts to amuse you and make your life easier while cat-intelligence is infernal and used only to make human lives hell and be utterly neurotic.

Cats == toy dogs basically

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cats are like dogs if you remove all the love, affection, and wanting to please abilities. Oh and when I throw a ball at my dog he catches it....the cat just gets hit in the face then hides for a day under the sofa.

Utterly pointless animal.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
theres a stray cat in the neighborhood and i feed it and it lets me pet it, it's a good friend. my dog is better though

thats my cat experience

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've seen cats chase their own tails, fetch, play catch, run to greet somebody at a door, come up to strangers on a street, and everything else.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

theres a stray cat in the neighborhood and i feed it and it lets me pet it, it's a good friend. my dog is better though

thats my cat experience

What in the HELL is the deal with your terrible avatar?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

notZaar posted:

Someone had posted that they only played 2000 hours of Final Fantasy 14 last year and I said they should go outside and thus I was OWNED with this avatar

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Its a "you play too many videogames" own. But honestly I've seen steam profiles of goons with 80 hours a week on steam games alone so that's fairly tame unless its a release game.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cheerfullydrab posted:

I've seen cats chase their own tails, fetch, play catch, run to greet somebody at a door, come up to strangers on a street, and everything else.

They are dogs.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

my friend's dumb cat keeps trying to eat its own tail

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I have a dog and a gremlin cat. They're both super affectionate but the cat is only 4 months old. They both enjoy the morning sun.

Also yeah that's what cat nuts look like

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My cat likes to lie down behind my monitor and give occasional tugs on the wire for my mouse, thus loving up my aim and getting me killed. A good cat :3:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
"dog people" come from all walks of life, while "cat people" are generally overweight, unpleasant, and suffer from some sort of self-diagnosed mental disorder.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

Someone had posted that they only played 2000 hours of Final Fantasy 14 last year and I said they should go outside and thus I was OWNED with this avatar

OK so cough up the measly five bucks to erase that eyesore already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

jonathan posted:

I have a dog and a gremlin cat. They're both super affectionate but the cat is only 4 months old. They both enjoy the morning sun.

Also yeah that's what cat nuts look like

You should kill ur cat before it learns how hideous it is and gets really depressed, and also before it gets any water on it.

Oh and while I am telling you what to do, also cut off its balls.

• Locked thread