Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nathilus posted:

You should kill ur cat before it learns how hideous it is and gets really depressed, and also before it gets any water on it.

Oh and while I am telling you what to do, also cut off its balls.

For the amount we paid for this fucker, I've forced myself to like it like a first son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
If you want a pet that can poop itself and just messes with your stuff and eats your food you should get a roommate instead of a cat, cat's don't pay rent.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder how many goons are infected with toxoplasmosis

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

: )

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
All the cat hair on everything in that picture makes me sick just looking at it.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cat Downs is a serious and debilitating issue, but at least he is always happy.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
since other people are doing it: my dog from 2 months to 2 years old

dogs>cats all day, every day

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

dogs>cats all day, every day

What about opposite day

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Some kinda weird mucus thing came outta my cat's dick. This has not happened to my dog.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

One time my cat didn't pee for like three days and was clearly in pain so I took him to the vet and he pissed and shat himself all over his cat carrier on the way. So he got treated to a bath at the vet and then some sort of cat opiate to ease the pain which got him super loving high.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

What a sweet baby gabbagool!!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boner Zone posted:

I wonder how many goons are infected with toxoplasmosis

Not me, I have a cat genie. I've never gone near the litter box.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Captain Yossarian posted:

What a sweet baby gabbagool!!

this cat kicks rear end. she has stumpy little legs and eats with her hands. pretty sure she can't see for poo poo lol.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jonathan posted:

Not me, I have a cat genie. I've never gone near the litter box.

I can taste the powderized cat litter dust in my mouth when I clean the litter box. I probably don't have toxo though as my cat rarely goes outside and they get it from eating mice.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My cat was on roids for a while and now she's all jacked up and I'm always a little afraid around her.

Cigstomper58 posted:

I can taste the powderized cat litter dust in my mouth when I clean the litter box. I probably don't have toxo though as my cat rarely goes outside and they get it from eating mice.

My cat box is lined with 2 garb bags with drawstrings and I just close that poo poo with one pull and there's no dust. I change it when she starts yelling at me to do so, it's a good system.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao just let them out, stop having animals poo poo into a box in your domicile.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
All you people who say cats who are emotionless robots who hate you, how can you be so bad at pets. Both my cats are affectionate, one so much its super happy and wants cuddles if I so much as get up to piss in the middle of night. Do you kick cats instead of petting them or something? Tug their whiskers instead of giving them treats? gently caress their moms instead of brushing them??? Cats are super easy you idiots.

Also cats hosed up on catnip are hilarious :catdrugs:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Dogs are good too tho :woof:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJdD_wh1eA

I wish all cops were as cool as their dogs

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

notZaar posted:

Lmao just let them out, stop having animals poo poo into a box in your domicile.

Counterpoint: please don't let you cats out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
cats destroy birds and other wildlife and are responsible for multiple extinction events in our own lifetimes

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

corn in the bible posted:

cats destroy birds and other wildlife and are responsible for multiple extinction events in our own lifetimes

This. But also please buy a new AV yours is no good

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Dogs? Cats? Why not split the difference and get a Maine Coon?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Captain Yossarian posted:

This. But also please buy a new AV yours is no good

like this?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mordja posted:

Dogs? Cats? Why not split the difference and get a Maine Coon?

Owning coons hasn't been legal for 150 years, and I don't think there are many of them in Maine anyhow.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Aye papi I love it :eyepop:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This is all you deserve to see of my dog op

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
dogs bark incredibly loud, cats just chill

dogs bite people's face off, cats just chill

dogs eat you out of house and home and cost a fuckton at the vet, cats just chill and eat like one bowl of food per day

dogs smell awful, cats dont have any smell at all

dogs are expensive as gently caress, cats are free

i see no downsides to having a cat yet many downsides to having a dog, ergo cats are better

f_c_
Oct 27, 2007

My dog has not lost a fight with a cat yet ergo dog is better.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
It seems like "dog people" are rabidly anti-cat and say cats are emotionally dead robots that hate you and their favorite part about their dog is how the dog is constantly showering them with affection and excitement over their very existence.

"cat people" seem more chill, most of them like dogs too (just less) and other animals. Like, they don't need some animal to freak out every time they come home, maybe if you need that in your life there's something wrong with you? It seems pretty weird to me, like are you that insecure that you need another life form to worship you to feel happy?

Dogs just seem super anxious all the time to me; they're super needy and do that door thing and bark at everything like they think there's danger all the time or something, it kind of gets my nerves on edge.

Cats are way more chill, they're super snuggly and friendly too but they aren't psycho about it and usually get the message if you shove them off a couple times. Also they entertain themselves and dont need to be watched or locked in a kennel every second because they might destroy your poo poo. Also dont bark. Also dont have to go to a groomer. Dont have to get a license, dont have to have a big house/yard, probably wont bite or frighten people.

On the other hand, rats are still the best.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

jackyl posted:

there is absolutely nothing a dog can give you that a cat can't except a pain in the rear end when you travel for work or vacation

ive never had the cat serve me the paper.
not that i'd want to, newspapers are slimey enough as they are

same goes for slippers

and balls

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

a dog makes you appreciate life more

a cat just makes everyone miserable

you might think you like cats but it's actually the toxoplasma parasite rewiring your brain to form bad opinions

f_c_
Oct 27, 2007

real dogs wont bark that much, real smart dogs wont bark at all so they can get that bitch cat.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Oh, other dog-downsides:

Male dogs got their dicks right in the best belly-rubbing spot. Seriously, what the gently caress, if I want to rub an animal's belly I don't want a handful of dong. Cats got their dicks out of the way, those bellies are made for rubs. Get that dick outta here!

Dogs are really rigid, their bodies are all pointy and hard and not floppy. Cats have floppy soft bodies like a toy, its easy to just scoop them up and cuddle them into all sorts of weird positions and they dont give a poo poo because they can handle that poo poo.

Maine coons are actually 100% the best cats ever though.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
maybe like if I wasn't out all day working I would get a dog; they're a lot of work but are more rewarding than cats in turn

can't let a dog sit at home all day though

cats you can just let sit at home and they sleep all day- they act happy to see you for like a half hour and then are usually like "OK I will give you some space; I really need to get back to batting that piece of paper around"

cats also can range in personality from "needy quasi-dog" to "antisocial living(?) furniture" so it kinda depends which thing you want

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

I'm glad of it and I'm not closing the pet door.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Monkey Fracas posted:

cats also can range in personality from "needy quasi-dog"

fortunately even the needy quasi-dog type of cat still sleeps 18 hours a day

other cat > dog thing: old dogs get really gross. old cats maybe need a little bit of washcloth assistance when they're arthritic and can't wash themselves in all areas, but even then they're not as bad as dogs. if an old cat is gross it's probably about ready to check out.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Klyith posted:

other cat > dog thing: old dogs get really gross. old cats maybe need a little bit of washcloth assistance when they're arthritic and can't wash themselves in all areas, but even then they're not as bad as dogs. if an old cat is gross it's probably about ready to check out.

My parents greyhound is so old shes pissing herself all the time, its pretty amazing. They have an 19 year old cat that seems to be handling himself though

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

My cat likes to hop up on my windowsill at 6am and ram his face into my blinds. He knows is it the most irritating noise in the world to me and I will get up to feed him to make it stop. If I grab him and toss him away he will jump back up and start doing it again immediately. He is an absolute idiot motherfucker and I love him very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Klyith posted:

Haha ya dogs are so gross man *wades through drifts of cat litter that impregnate every carpeted surface*

• Locked thread