Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
it looks like poo poo. also stop posting in LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Okay, nightelf_37, you're doing a game that I actually like this time, so I'll be slightly kinder toward you. Iji is not a game that works in an SSLP—not only does inserting the logs the way you're doing break a ton of flow, especially when later areas will have much more text to go through, there are several segments of the game that have visual language that simply doesn't translate without at least some indicator of the actual motion. Not to mention that putting the game in an SSLP necessarily increases the length of time everything takes for a game that takes like an hour or two to beat if you're hustling. You have admittedly improved from the unbelievable trash that was your last attempt at this, and I respect that you like the game a lot—again, so do I—but you aren't the person to LP Iji if this is all you're capable of giving it. Your presentation is slow, uninspired, and lacking, the base concept you're working from is inherently shaky ground, and you will still never become loved by doing a Let's Play on Something Awful. Thanks. Bye.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
listen if this guy ever makes a good lp i'll tell him so. i just don't have much faith in him. it's like in ratatouille, the pixar movie, where the main rat sees a ghost of the famous chef being his encouraging self-help voice, because it's the chef's motto that really inspired him to become a chef—"anyone can cook, but nightelf_37 will never become loved by making a let's play on something awful".

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

nightelf_37 posted:

A year?! I got a Ruina thread and cosmicPostman to follow and comment on!

You can follow it all you want as long as you keep your stupid trap shut. See, that's the thing: not talking means that people will not point and laugh at you for being the amputee sex slave fetish romhack guy. Think about that. Think about how blissful the world would be for you if you just weren't getting made fun of every time you spoke for being the amputee sex slave fetish romhack guy! Don't you love that idea, not getting mocked for being trash? Think about how wonderful it would be if nobody could see the weird notes you have to write for yourself about basic human interaction—you could be one of the many anonymous lurkers who never makes trouble and is thus never attacked! The safety of anonymity sits waiting for you, Nightelf_37. Think of all the Let Us Plays you could browse in complete and total silence! Why, you could even read mine! (Don't read mine.) Truly, it is all a man could ever dream of. And one day, maybe you'll look back with newfound maturity and laugh and laugh about what a dumb person you were. Maybe then, you will be able to make one, singular, good post. Maybe, in a decade, perhaps two, you will make a post—just one—that gets a mild chuckle and a slight smile out of someone on the internet!

But you'll never get that out of posting in Let's Play on Something Awful. So stop posting.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Namtab posted:

Otoh nightelf got his wish of being talked about constantly in the lp subforum so whos the real loser here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmnkixFI6lA

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Leal posted:

:justpost: and if no one is interested, there is no penalty for abandoning a thread. Hell, if you don't have a 2 to 1 ratio of abandoned to completed threads what are you even doing with your life?

only writing one thread

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the reverse recruitment guy was matthewtheman btw

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I bought a PS3 for Drakengard 3 and I never would've done that if it weren't for TDI. Man, gently caress. That's horrid. It's messed up that that sort of thing can happen to people.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

fatsleepycat posted:

Another good example of the approach is Kinu's Sympathy for Chisa Inomiko fixing the absolute absurdity that was 7th Dragon VFD

that's not even the game(s) i lped. BisbyWorl did that one. also i think my lp is exactly what most posters in this thread would call 'too much' lmao

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
my meltdown will actually be if i ever write another lp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BisbyWorl posted:

Clearly you need to give VFD the Didja Redo treatment.

ARE YOU HIGH????