Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak
I'm doing a World of Final Fantasy Nuzlocke run and would like some feedback if that's ok. These videos don't get many views but I don't promote them either (not sure where to since they're not really a hot topic and I think they take some investment to get into?)

Any suggestions are appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpc5jtbSS8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

Namtab posted:

get off the screen!

It's weird because I get really different feedback about that depending on who I ask. A lot of people tell me they like being able to see my face emote, and I definitely understand not wanting to see people too. It's a hard choice and it seems to be a matter of preference for people, so I'm still undecided there. Thank you though!

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It's taken as a given on SA that face cams are dumb in the vast majority of situations. The focus is supposed to be on the game, not the LPer. If you do post videos with facecam around here, expect to get thoroughly roasted by the audience, whether or not you're one of the exceptions to the rule.

Thanks yeah, that makes sense. I get it if goons have a certain LP aesthetic, and I'm not going to judge anyone for that. I'll check out some of my videos with the cam removed out of curiosity- though I did decide to use it without being oblivious to the contention some people hold. Thanks for the feedback everyone, feel free to roast me all you want.

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There are two things majorly wrong with facecams.
1. Its another layer of presentation and editing that you have to worry about getting right (and many people dont), and if you arent worrying about and putting it there for the sole sake of facecam why is it there in the first place.
2. It makes periods of dead air intensely awkward. Dead air is a perfectly acceptable thing to have, and not many people can carry a pokemon/RPG-esque VLP with full unbroken commentary throughout the entirety of the supposed hours of grinding and minutia while still keeping up the entertainment factor.
(And if you are holy poo poo stop doing LPs and get into something with a salary)

I guess the question then is do I carry it or not?