Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

For some reason, youtubedoubler never works on my computer. One video stops playing the moment the other one starts. :confused:

Do you use the Youtube Center extension? It has an option to have only one instance of YT player playing at all times, which IIRC is on by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My RSS Feed for the Let's Play forum started acting up and keeps renotifying me about the last 20-40 threads to have been posted. Anyone else having that happen to them?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Polsy posted:

I remember someone else had that problem a number of months back but I'm not sure if they solved it. There's nothing unusual about the rss feed itself (I'm assuming it's the cygnustm.net one)

That's really too bad... I'll see if I can find something online. Maybe it's my RSS extension? I use RSS Feed Reader, is there a better free one for Chrome? Thanks for the help either way.

e: seems to work okay again, beats me what fixed it

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 16, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Weird, I can get the links to my images in imgur no problem.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I never had to link someone else's imgur image. :shrug: Sorry, I guess I didn't know what you were talking about.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Also, who/where should I consult for reference on medieval-era slang and curse words? I'd prefer something a little less anachronistic than "you bitch!" or "fucker!" while still wanting to convey the same idea.

'cur' and 'knave' are old timey favorites.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also check if there's a transcript of the game somewhere. If there is that'd cut down on the workload immensely.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Just like the actual Fallout 76, the LP of it is also non-functional at launch :v:

Will it also be an SSLP even though they promised a VLP?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey folks, I'm looking for help finding an old LP. It was for a game where you play some office worker who died and went to Hell, which is structured like an office, and you need to escape somehow. Sadly I don't really remember how it played, might have been kind of adventurey? I think it had a kinda cartoony look.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No, I don't think it's either one of these, I could swear it looked like a sort of more modern freeware game. I almost wanna say like something that may have been done in RPGMaker, except the cartoony graphics I remember don't really fit that mold so well? Also I don't think it had combat, at least not jRPG-style. I wanna say it might have been made in Japan?

e: with my luck it'll end up having been one of those OP-created CYOA games

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't really look like what I starting to think maybe I'm imagining rather than remembering. I'm thinking something more cartoony. With a perspective kinda like Don't Starve's, where it's sorta looking from above (not top-down of course) but the graphics are as if from the side.

I also seem to remember something about needing to get a pipe from somewhere either to give to a repair person or to do the repairs yourself.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of the only things I remember clearly was that it was a 2D game. Someone in the 'help find a game' thread said it sounded familiar, but as is I'll just give up on this. Thanks for trying to help everyone.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually wasn't there a megathread once for spooky games? IIRC it had playthroughs of Ib and Ao Oni, maybe this game is also there?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

I can see how this would cause vertigo, yes.

I notice some screen freezing here and there for a second or two. Happened at about 9:30 and also earlier in the video. Not sure if there's anything you can do about it, but it's there. Might just be me!

Yeah, I also noticed this.

Jazzed for the LP though, never made it far in those games (I suck at FPS and games in general, even moreso when I was young) I enjoyed them a lot. Even got a rip-off game for the PSX at some point for that 3d movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some time ago I asked about an LP of some weird game where you go to Hell and it's an office. Well, someone on one of the 'what's this game?' threads surprised me with a very late but very correct suggestion:

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I know you said you gave up but was it Pachinko Man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOxi4CjN8MA

Yay! Turns out I did remember some things wrong, and also I dunno if Tie made that video for a thread here, if not that's probably why nobody here knew what I was talking about.