Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Procedure question: I'm eyeing my next LP once Avernum finishes up, and am considering doing Taskmaker, an ancient shareware game. You can still find downloads of the demo freely available online, but it requires a registration code to unlock the full game. I've emailed the dev and I get the impression he doesn't much care about selling new reg codes for his 20+-year-old game. If I were to obtain permission from him to post a reg code in the LP (making clear to him of course that this would basically mean there was another reg code publicly available for everyone to see), how would I go about clearing that with the mods? Just PM a mod with a copy of the email?

If the dev is okay with it, I wouldn't worry. Clearing it with whomever is modding LP these days is probably a good idea too, just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

This is my first attempt at an LP in ages, so please feel free to criticise it down to the grittiest detail. It is intended to be a narrative-heavy Paradox LP.

The Greater Insult - Let's Play Stellaris

So where is the LP for us to criticise and suggest improvements?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Given the invite link in the OP is expired or has been discontinued or similar, how does one join the discord server?

Clearly I am displaying my incredible familiarity with the software.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Who exactly was banned/left?

Curious about this myself. Not concerned about the twitter drama but a very brief summary would be welcome.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

lohli posted:

From what I remember it was in the aftermath of the Shmorky shitshow, where Lowtax did a livestream with his kid where IIRC they made fun of him, a bunch of goons called Lowtax out for being, in their eyes, a lovely exploitative parent, and got banned for it.

I was mildly curious what the heck that Shmorky shitshow was am not best pleased for doing so.

The below is taken from Lowtax's youtube channel description and seriously :wtf: :nms:

Lowtax posted:

FYI: The older videos with the co-host who sounded like an elf on helium is no longer associated with this channel. You see, he was an animator for my site (Something Awful) for a decade. Then he began using Tumblr. A LOT. Soon he turned into this genderless blob that was convinced his doctor (who never existed) claimed he must speak in a very high octave voice or else "he'll become mute forever." This person also began wearing a cape to work, claimed gender does not exist, and, oh yeah, tried to groom underage kids for furry pedophilia sex roleplaying sessions, while going poo poo and pee pee in a diaper he secretly wore. He now lives in a sanitarium. I am not kidding or exaggerating any of this.

:psyduck:

Anyway. LP!

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

why the heck wouuld you turn your phone sideways?

StrixNebulosa posted:

It makes...videos...look better.....?????

You're off your ****ing rocker mate.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I meant turn it 90 degrees, ...

I know. :ssh:

StrixNebulosa posted:

... I can't take a picture of my phone without a spare phone.
Pulled my own phone out and held it as such, then facepalmed facing this exact conundrum.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 14, 2017

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Did the forums default font/font size change past few days? Things look a little unfamiliar.

E: \/ \/ \/ :? This is an odd event.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 18, 2017

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Why would you order one from China instead of sourcing one on Amazon?

Chinese vendors sell on amazon and NewEgg. :ssh:

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

stay tuned for my next drunken bender where i sticky 3 pages worth of threads

As long as you do it in whole multiples of pages.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Phrosphor posted:

Thread! Vote on our first mission, and if you are wondering what the game looks like, here is some sneak peaks:

Don't do this in the sandcastle, just show us a basic example of an average update. Also use the SSLP test poster.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

As this is more-or-less the main LP discussion thread, I'd like to ask for general consensus on CirclMastr's audience participation Hand of Fate 2 LP. Or I would, if there was anything beyond an announcement post to critique. They've been around long enough to know the ropes and I know you need participants if you're trying to run an LP of that sort, but there's nothing but an announcement and self-promoting links. It strikes me as close to the line.

Thoughts?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Elentor posted:

Someone suggested that I should make an LP in this format. I'm running it through here to check how viable it'd be.
THE FEDERATIVE REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL, JUNE THE 25TH, 2018 ANNO DOMINI

Are we supposed to guess what you're writing about or something?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I could swear I remembered watching an LP of The Unfinished Swan from these forums, but I did not see any trace of it in the archive or the master list. Am I imagining things?

Neither of those are definitive. Both are user-maintained. You might be imagining things.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Boy it sure would be weird if SA did a dumb April Fools joke.

I mean, it might be funny. There would have to be a coherent joke, understanding and a punchline for that.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm going to be frank I was kind of "meh" on the whole experience and just playing along for the hell of it, but Cyrano's little "oops, you're all actually banned guess you hosed yourselves lol radium" twist was legitimately hilarious.

Yes