Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

It looks like all test posts are blocked for the moment.

The Markov generator must've become sentient and Baldurk shut it down to save us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wasn't there a test post that had problems with imgur deleting their image and reusing the link for a different image?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alexeythegreat posted:

I got a spam offer to join a network
Now, it's not my first one, and almost everyone in the subforum gets them, it's nothing unusual
Except this one is unusual:
1) it's a Russian network (there's a line there, which I like, "Russian-language support", as if I loving need any)
And 2) they think that I am "Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - Topic"
They don't even loving check who they're sending this spam to

:fuckoff:

The question is, do I reply with snark?

Since its a Russian network reply that Putin is a war criminal and they'll annex Ukraine over your dead body death to the Kremlin.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There wouldn't happen to be a website or something where I can see how copyright holders react to their media being used on youtube? Or do I have to play russian roulette and upload a video with part of a song and see what happens? I don't care if they decide to monetize my video, I'm mainly worried about them deciding to silence that part of the video or even worse, completely block it from certain countries.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Polsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/music_policies they have a page, if you have a particular song in mind, though the search is ordered by 'popularity' instead of the closest match to the song title you put in for some reason.

Neat, that is exactly what I"m looking for. Though its search algorithm is pretty crap, it keeps listing Justin Bieber songs. That guy is still around?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So I see that youtube has gutted annotations, is there no way for me to pop something up in the video that people can click on to skip to a different time in the video?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TheMcD posted:

Well, apparently Youtube thinks that their new Cards feature is way better, but from what I can tell, it doesn't fit this case that well. It doesn't pop up automatically, though I think you can at least allow people to find a timestamped link that skips to a certain part of the video in the cards. That, however, will be there in the entire video, and if you want to do multiple skips, it's going to turn into a mess. Also, you'd have to tell the viewers how to use cards in the video because I assure you, nobody knows how this poo poo works yet.

Well poo poo, guess I'll need to edit in time stamps and verbally tell people where to skip if they wanna skip boring stuff.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

senrath posted:

I'm not a lawyer so I might be completely wrong here, but as far as I'm aware you're supposed to get in trouble for false claims, but in order to get in trouble you have to be sued by someone you made a false claim against.

There is also one huge hole in this: Its not like that Turkish group could be sued. What are you gonna do, sue them under the laws of Turkey? Meaning anyone in a foreign country can issue them willy nilly and have zero legal repercussions.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Let's just say its a good thing Chip backed off from MGSV while my thread was up else I was gonna have to step if he tried getting up in my grill.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think for the most part very wordy rpgs and strategy games are best as SSLPs, really slow games, while videos are best for shooters, action games, stuff where things are constantly happening.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Or have a mod on this subforum move it to another subforum, have a mod there change the tag and punt it back over here.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All work in the Let's Play for Presidente! (Tropico 4!)

Tropico 4 is the 4th installment int he Tropico series, first created by PopTop Software, made by Haemimont Games and published in 2011. The game is essentially Tropico 3 with some improvements which did turn some people off, but in my opinion if you didn't get T3 then I highly suggest T4. And even if you got T3, grab T4 on a steam sale! Its great!

I remember nearly 15 years ago buying a "strategy bundle" disc from target for my PC, it had Stronghold (ironically, the game I was mostly interested in) and Tropico on it. Also had a demo of Age of Wonders 2. I loved the hell out of this disc, and its funny that the game I originally was interested in didn't survive, meanwhile AoW3 was made and we're closing on getting T6 in 2018.

In the Tropico series (minus 2, we don't talk about 2.) you play a dictator in a banana republic. You need to house and feed your subjects, educate them, provide them healthcare, entertainment and religion satisfaction. Or you don't and heavily militarize your country and oppress them!

T3 moved the series into the third dimension and added vehicles to the series. T4 adds in the ability to import goods from other countries. No gold to make jewelry with? Just import it! Don't wanna deal with farms? Import your food! Besides these points the game is very close to the first tropico game and I am fine with that, the first game was a lot of fun. Sometimes all you need to do is give a game a graphical face lift and iron out a few things to make a great game!

Audience Participation?

Outside of the first 2 missions, the audience will pick Presidente's profile. At the end of each mission I'll make a post saying what the gist of the next mission is and you all can decide on Presidente's background, rise to power and 3 traits. Pick whatever you think will help me in the mission (or pick the opposite!) and I'll give it a go!

Also some missions will have branches in how to progress, I'll leave it up to the thread to decide which way to go.

Will you be doing Modern Times?

Yes! I will be doing all of T4 and the Modern Times expansion campaigns. I may also do some of the scenarios that were included in the DLCs, we'll see.

Will you be naming citizens after goons?

For the most part no, however as a victory deal I will go ahead and name citizens after goons in the final missions for T4 and the Modern Times campaign. Just because I'm gonna be playing through, what, 35 missions? I can't be taking time to name people that many times over and over again :shepface:

Rise to Power
https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=150081

(Is this first update a bit on the long side?)

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 8, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'll take no news as good news, thread posted

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845902

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Baldurk should buy tindeck and make it for let's play only uploads :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

klafbang posted:

Put “no copyrihgt intended” in the description of the video.

I always love this in online videos, they have this big screen of "Article blah blah fair use" that only lasts for a second. Do they think it works?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Hey since this is the general chat for the LP subforum, I'd like to bring up Leal, who temporally closed his Thread due to IRL stuff and I would like to voice moral support.

Thanks, I really appreciate it :unsmith:

Its really hitting hard cause not only did it happen in a new household, its barely been a year since my last break in.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Jesus Christ. That is terrible luck.
Is there anything you could do? I'd recommend a guard dog, but back when my family had one, the assholes just threw a poisoned egg sammich in our front yard. RIP Urko, he was the sweetest dog, he only looked intimidating.

Sorry that ran away from me. Maybe an alarm system?

Sadly no pets allowed here. All I can do is put some cameras and make the house a pain to break into, and if they do manage it to make it a trial to actually get to anything valuable. Ideally long enough for me to hop into my car and race home.

BioEnchanted posted:

Or a shotgun attached to the front door that is disarmed by turning the key, like in Saw.

I live in California, guns aren't legal.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FillInTheBlank posted:

Can I sort the LP Archive by date?

Looks like it!

E: That symbol is A-Z on default, when its separating by title.

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 24, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

(and you haven't been banned for being a creep)

What if your LP thread is creepy?

V Touche

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 30, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Chip may have had a dead frog head in his bed when he was getting ready to make an SA thread

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

Aw, man, that's sad news. Hate to see PW go out like this.

Dammit I thought this was the goon known as PW.

Make a patreon Baldurk.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What I know about Undertale fans is that they made Markiplier stop doing his LP of it because they kept harassing him over "playing the game wrong".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Show the tickling scenes you coward.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TheMcD posted:

Because the LP subforum is filled with people making very bad decisions.

I'll say!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

I'm impressed by all the sticky name changes. :golfclap:

And people complain about all the sticky threads LP has!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

There should be a spooky LP contest, or really any LP contest.

I nominate my Nep LP as the most horrifying LP thread.
V Weak

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 3, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I fold my LP over a thousand times - Kenshi

Kenshi is an indie game developed over the course of 12 years, officially released in December of 2018. It takes place in a post apocalyptic world, with a huge feudal Japan influence on the style. Guns were never invented but robots and electricity were, katanas and sabers are the common weapons. Slavery is rampant, bandits are everywhere and lets not even talk about the wildlife. All of this makes for an open sandbox where the player can do what they want to do, provided they're tough enough to handle it.

How is this gonna work out?

Given that the game literally has no story (Its got lore and background, but no explicit "go here and do this"), I am going to go with goals for our party. One primary goal and I will let the thread vote on other goals (IE, we meet a faction, this is what they do, should we be friendly or hostile?). I'll be letting things happen when it comes to deaths or other negative things, Kenshi is a game about coming out stronger after defeat. No, seriously. I'll only be reloading if it does something like launch a character at mach 5 over some hills and into a swarm of cannibals (yes this has happened to me, multiple times).

Spoilers?

There is no story, but I'd ask if you can keep high leveled areas in spoiler tags, or what happens if certain characters are killed.

Names!

You can change the looks and name of characters by visiting a surgeon, I will name characters after goons. Note that I do have a set of characters I want for the main crew (namely people with unique dialogue), but we'll need people to do labor at a base and people to defend the base while the main crew is rolling around. We will go first come first serve on the naming order.

Rebirth

Leal fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 14, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mongrel

Last test post, mainly looking for feedback on the avatars.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Kenshi thread posted

Xander77 posted:

Could do with a fair bit of proofreading for awkward phrasing and errors. I had to go back and note that there's a guy following you, because abruptly ending your sentences seemed par the course.

Alright, I reworked the first post and I'll be sure to go over this second one. I'll pull back on the mid word stops.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Is there a decent platform for putting together simple polls?

https://www.strawpoll.me/ ?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I love you Baldurk.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

slowbeef posted:

"pseudohobby" (a term I do regret, but can also explain).

Yeah, now that you're making money off it you sell out fraud!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So when can I LP huniepop?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GrandmaParty posted:

I honestly try to structure my lps as a podcast where I let you know if something interesting happens.

You can work and practice commentary. My voice is terrible and I've done episodes with a lot of people and they've all made me laugh.

Don't get into lps or streaming for money.

Or fame.

This is why you should LP:

Its fun
You want to show off a game you like
You want to talk about a cool game with other like minded people

Leal fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 8, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arist posted:

I LP because I hate myself

:hai:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Also if you stream you can keep the "Stream will start soon" in your video that lasts 15 minutes, this is so you can squeeze in more ads.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

My regret for my old MHW LP was that I never got a co-host who I could bounce off, because I do not talk to myself very well it turns out.

I'll see what I end up regretting on my current SSLP.

I regret doing Neptunia with you.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

To this day I'm still not entirely sure why I volunteered for that.

Deep down you wanted to experience it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All of my X3 and a good chunk of my MGSV LP were done in WMM

gently caress that stupid program. I was actively losing my job to store closure and I still put up the 70 bucks to buy a copy of Adobe Premier Elements so I could stop using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
He posted on twitter that he is doing grief therapy and seems to be doing ok. The best we can do for him is to give him space.

Leal fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 15, 2019