Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Goons Don't Know Jack - The Jackbox Party Pack Tournament!

Test post here

Is there anything egregious missing from this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sazero posted:

Make the stretch beat to the music track

Don't forget to spend 500 hours in the starting area.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Your willingness to grind alchemists in ToME 2.3.5 for hours on end, before even leaving town, makes a lot more sense now that I've heard about this.

At least ToME won't take as long.

I hope.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Party Bug posted:

I got a hot new video LP for ya

THE SWINDLE // A_steampunk_cybercrime_caper

Let me know if the audio/video is alright, if you please. And anyone watches long enough, tell me if there's anything you wish I explained more or think I missed.

The screen goes black at 15:25 for a few seconds.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Test post incoming:

Satan Did Nothing Wrong: Let's Play Shadow of Destiny posted:

Shadow of Destiny is a time-travel murder-mystery adventure game. It was released in Japan and Europe as Shadow of Memories, and came out just about one year after the PS2 was initially released. So it's not strictly a launch title, but it was one of the two first games I bought when I first got a PS2 (the other being Zone of the Enders, because everyone had to have the MGS2 demo disc).

I loved the hell out of this game, despite its many flaws, because of the time travel theme and the strength of (some of) the writing. But nobody wants to hear me wax nostalgic for hours over really early PS2 graphics that haven't aged well, so I've brought Dan and Grace along with me for this ride. Grace is going into this completely blind, and even though Dan "one hundred percented this game twice" I still manage to show him some new things. To that end, I want to maintain a strict no spoilers policy. I know it's an old game but it was never really popular, and it really shouldn't be ruined for anyone who hasn't seen it before.

Episode 1: "Dog Mafia controls German town"

Is this too sparse an OP? And is the video quality/bitrate acceptable?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Why not just have the lore blurbs as screenshots in the thread?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Same as Sally's issue but if you're recording with OBS you can apply that noise reduction live.

How is that done?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey, maybe someone started an LP, went to university and put it on hiatus, and now they've graduated and are looking to get back at it because lol jobmarket

Reminder that there absolutely was not a four-year hiatus in my Just Cause 2 LP.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's mostly holdovers from the various Goons Don't Know Jack tournaments, which also obviously just started with an announcement, but if it's a problem I can just close the thread and cancel it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Stay tuned for my text LP of the Witcher series, where I describe the videos I make but can't upload.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

When I first started making LPs, for some reason I thought every LP needed audience interaction in the form of voting. So a number of my LPs were full of inappropriate polls and pauses as a result.

Of course, my more recent LPs often don't have any audience to speak of, so maybe Past Me was the smarter one...

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I only played like, under half of Shadowrun on SNES before doing the narrative SSLP. I like to think it worked out almost passably but like, don't do that. It caused a lot of glaring issues.

I'm fairly confident that was my first exposure to you.

Whether that means you should regret it more or less is up to you.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

Don't ever let anyone convince you to use avisynth short of being a free alternative of software with a GUI.

I used avisynth for quite a while because my computer decided to throw up and video editors refused to work.

I forget how many of my LPs were made by writing code into Notepad but it was a lot. But now I have Sony Vegas and get to go through the process of slowly figuring out how to use it as I make LPs.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Who is Gwent? Let's Play the entire Witcher series blind!

When I told people that I was going to do a blind LP of the entire Witcher series, they told me to skip the first game. They told me that no one had ever finished a Witcher 1 LP on the entire subforum. They told me I would get stuck in some swamp for hours.

Let's see if I can prove them wrong.

This is going to be a megathread of all three Witcher games, in order. I know next to nothing about the entire series. I haven't played them. I haven't watched anyone else play them. I haven't read the book (or books? Are there more than one?). I know that they're RPGs, or maybe action-RPGs? Or maybe only the later ones are action-RPGs, I dunno. I don't think I've played anything else by CD Projekt Red either, assuming they have made games other than The Witcher ones, but I'm all aboard the Cyberpunk 2077 hype train. In fact, lots of people are onboard that train simply because of CDPR's track record with the Witcher series, so I figure I might as well finally play these and find out why. There WILL be editing, so if I do get stuck in a swamp for hours, there won't be hours of videos of me in a swamp.

It should go without saying for a blind LP, but there should be :siren: absolutely no spoilers of any kind! :siren:

The Witcher was released by CD Projekt Red in... jeez, October of 2007, and the Enhanced Edition in September 2008. Can you believe I waited this long to play it? I sure can't. This is going to be played using the Director's Cut patch/DLC, which uncensors whatever was censored in the North American release but not the rest of the world, so if there's anything too saucy I guess I'll just edit it in post. Going into it, here's what I know:
  • The main character is named Geralt.
  • There's a swamp that apparently I'm going to get stuck in for 20+ hours.
  • I should just go straight to Witcher 2 and not play this.
I guess because this is the oldest and least-well-regarded game in the series, nobody talks much about it.

Episodes:
Episode 1

---

So yeah, it feels like I haven't made an intro post in years, and this seems terribly short and poorly-written for a multi-game thread. Any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 29, 2019

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

But with this OP I'm not convinced.

Thanks for the feedback. I made some edits, but I'm just unsure of how much to include because I don't want to look up too much ahead of time.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I nominate myself as the new third mod. The fact that nobody knows who I am despite being an active LPer for years just goes to show how uncontroversial I am, and equally incapable of stealing the spotlight away from fellow mods.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Incoming test post for Some kind of thread title here - Let's Play MLB 07: The Show

quote:

Hello and welcome to this Let's Play of MLB 07: The Show. It is a baseball game for PS2 and is based on the 2007 season. It has someone from the Mets on the cover, so you know it's good!

Ah, but what is baseball, you might ask? For that, I heartily suggest reading the Let's Play of The Closer by TheMcD. He talks about baseball while following the adventures of one specific baseball player, Bobson Dugnutt, in his quest to win the World Series.

Ah, but why LP a baseball game from 2007? Because MLB 07: The Show featured the debut of a brand new game mode, called Road to the Show. In this mode, we can create a custom player and play an entire season - nay, an entire career! - strictly from the perspective of that player. Like The Closer, we will be only control one baseball player, on both offense and defense. He will go from a rookie in the minors to a major league all-star, maybe! Hopefully! Someday!

While I am allegedly proficient at this video game, I know less about baseball than other people. Fortunately, I will bring other people along, to helpfully fill the gaps in my knowledge with knowledge of their own. Or at least jokes at my expense.

Episode 1 featuring TheMcD and Danaru

Aside from lacking a title and anything special in the image header (I am not good at image editing software), I am mostly worried that the OP doesn't explain enough and the video might be too much. I am probably just too much inside my own head with this, so I would appreciate any constructive feedback. Thanks.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I recently hit 5,000 subscribers on YouTube, and my mental state has been a weird mix of "I don't deserve 5k subs" imposter syndrome and "I have been making LPs for ten years, how do I not have more subs?" entitlement. Which is to say I don't have any helpful advice. Just make LPs because you enjoy making them; if it feels like work, take a break.

TheMcD posted:

My personal best example is the Udoiana Raunes games. Nobody read that loving LP. Why should they? It's obscure German point-and-click games that some students made entirely based on the premise of "one of our teachers kinda looks like Indiana Jones". You couldn't be less appealing to anybody but connoisseurs of the most obscure crap if you tried.

Hey, I read those LPs, they were good!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Yeah, at best really monotonous or long methods should just have a footnote dictating what was done.

I feel attacked.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I have like seven finished LPs I need to email Baldurk about but I keep forgetting

Don't make me bring back the Dan and Grace Memorial Fight Club.

Also I have no idea how many LPs I finished because some were never put on the archive due to being poo poo.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I consider anything that people were willing to keep replying to, as good enough to be archived.

Nobody wants to revisit my Witcher series LP.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rosalie_A posted:

You either retire with regular updates, or LP long enough to become a procrastinator.

That's just the middle phase on the way to LPing long enough to put off starting new LPs, at which point you question whether you can even call yourself an LPer anymore.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I hit record and then my husband and I talk about poo poo like unbirthing and rebirthing a plate of Kraft dinner and for some reason people watch that

That's my entire workflow

We watch it when it's not flagged as hate speech by Youtube robots, anyway.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Coolguye posted:

no but i'll tell you what, when i get the 1.0 update out for my game, if someone fanfic LPs it and it's clear they've missed the core concept of the writing challenge of the game i'll commit sudoku all over this thread

by which i mean i will post some videos of me solving sudokus while crying

brb writing an essay about how Annie is a scathing indictment of modern feminism and Robbie and Frank are the virgin/chad dynamic of modern males.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Play Chrono Cross this is a threat

Not just for LD for all of you

I'll play Chrono Cross after we record Death Stranding.