Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I made an IFTTT recipe for getting alerts on my phone when a new LP is posted. I've not had much trouble with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

:laffo:

I meant turn it 90 degrees, and I'd take a picture to show you but I can't take a picture of my phone without a spare phone.

Use a camera.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Epicmissingno posted:

I'm thinking of making a Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker SSLP and have already made the first update - could people give any feedback? Are the images too big, for example?

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=148122

Ohh! I've been waiting for an SSLP of this! I had it on the Request List for like, a year, before I let it fall off.

Anyway, screen size looks fine to me, but things look a little fuzzy. I don't know how to remedy that, but I'm sure someone here can tell you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Good gravy that was one HELL of a ride! :vince:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Screw MIDIs, hum and sing the music yourself.

Play the music on a kazoo, and train your pet to sing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'm just going to assume that Blind Sally and Nine Gear Crow went on a drunken bender and Fedule had to stay up all night fixing the damage.

Looks like you were right.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do I have to register it?

Only if you're a heathen who also registers WinRAR.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

On the other hand, if you really want to do it via the snapshot to Twitter thing, you can take the images from the tweets, save them to your computer, then upload them to LPix. You might have to resize them with… uh, whatever tool is recommended. IrfanView, I think? I never remember what it's called because I use something else.

That way, you get to tweet your run to your followers, and present it as a Screen Shot LP here.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A PBEM (Play By E-Mail) Campaign would probably work best for this, since everything is already written out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My regret is that I haven't been able to figure out how to get my entry for Dotchan's FFT 5JF onto the LP Archive.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I say this every time something like this comes up, but the New LPs thread really isn't needed, since there's an RSS feed for it. I've even set up an IFTTT recipe to send a notification to your phone every time the RSS feed updates with a new LP.

Other than that, I agree with GrandmaParty's outline.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

All he has to do to make it work perfectly is sacrifice a spine.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LP forum is back up, but the Games forum is down. I can't access 3 threads I have bookmarked. Checking the Games forum, I don't even see them. I think they got deleted somehow, but still show up in my bookmarks...

The threads are:
Son Of iOS Games Megathread
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Don't Post in this Thread; Hoard for the Next
Pokemon GO: This release rate is looking pretty Tepig, Unovatimean?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

They've been moved to our brand new Compulsive Gambling Garbage Hole Mobile Gaming Subforum

I can't access that, either.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

As someone who is definitely not a double agent working with the coup to try to bring the mod team down from the inside, I think now's a good time to make me a mod again.

:doit:

Cooked Auto posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

:ms:
Although I do love the extra ironic twist at the end.

Or is it solved? The post date for the "answer" is Mar 1, 2020! :thunk:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Need some opinions on image sizes. The top image is at the same resolution as my capture footage and the bottom is resized down a bit. Is the top too large or could I get away with that size?

I personally have no issues with the top image.

Also, I checked your post in the Awful App on my phone and on my tablet, and they both end up at the exact same size. They're both also perfectly readable.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nothing may come of this, but how does this look:

as a 2x version of this:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Danaru posted:

Someone LP'd rock paper scissors, embrace chaos

That was one of the best LPs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, I don't know what that forum software is called, but it's shittier than anything radium's ever done.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

StillFullyTerrible posted:

But does it have a load-bearing slur?

Probably multiple ones.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Twitter/Pateron with links to updates on the LP Archive SSLP Test Poster.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Don't forget to add the LP Discord to the GDN.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Danaru posted:

Most people are for offsites because we figure Lowtax is going to flip poo poo and shut SA down, FYI, not just because they want to leave. You can post here and on the beach at the same time

I figure that if he was gonna shut SA down, he would have by now.

CrashScreen posted:

I don't know about elsewhere, but on the SALP subforum all I've seen is people either afraid of it all being burned to the ground, or just personally not wanting to support Lowtax. Not seen many judgments. I hope too many people aren't being dicks?

Just continue to stay out of GBS and you'll be fine.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Time for Jeffery to set up a Patreon, so he can buy a sweet ride and some cookies.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

That's loving stupid yet not surprising in the least.

google dot tee eks tee
apple dot tee eks tee

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Party Bug posted:

I am currently working on an LP of Hades. Those of you who've played it probably know how bad of an idea that is, but the plan is this: Do video updates for first run and every 5th run or so, then do screenshots updates for the (significant) runs in-between. That plus editing some files to speed up progression should hopefully make this a manageable task.

Anyway here's the first episode:

- https://youtu.be/nJJt2zaWse4

And the following screenshot update:

- https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=157808

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Looks good to me! This game is on my Steam Wishlist, and this LP will probably push me over into buying it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

So here's the thing: Nidoking is correct about this. In its current state, the game has maybe 2 or 3 screenshot-style updates in it.

From playing through it myself for a little over an hour. It definitely has a surreal feeling to it. I did get quite a few laughs out of what I saw.

But I don't know if that's enough to make it worth creating a dedicated LP thread for. I could certainly come back to the LP as major content patches hit, but that would create an LP which only gets maybe 1 or 2 updates every couple of months (possibly. This game could spend the next 5 years in Early Access for all I know).

As it is right now, the game is good for about 1 or 2 hours of laughs in a video format. What I could do instead of an SSLP is to use the footage I captured and attempt to create a captioned video.

Since this is the request thread, please quote this in the Sandcastle if you intend to reply to what I wrote. I don't want to clog up the request thread with more LP discussion.

Why not post it in The Casual LP Thread?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

IGgy IGsen posted:

Huh, that's really weird, I've never seen that before. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Maybe you should page an admin (probably astral) or make a thread about this in the tech forum.

I'd say post it in the Technical Issues Thread. Also, add this:

TheMcD posted:

Can you post the text you're trying to post on, like, Pastebin or something? Sometimes there's some fairly specific security rules that have something to do with trying to post code but probably have more false positives than were actually triggered correctly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Something Awful Forums: No Maths Allowed

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I thought a mod gave him that sig…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ivantod posted:

I'm honestly failing to understand why some people take all of this so seriously. And that after being told multiple times by multiple people to just chill already. Oh, well.

Well first of all, Vidya Gamez are seriuous busness. In this essay, I will

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Toyotasomi no Miko posted:

Until they spend another 10 bucks on this site.

nightelf_37, please do not spend another 10 bucks on this site.

Nah. Let 'em spend. Jeffo can always use the money.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

What the hell is a "backlog"

That explains your Breaking Chrono Trigger thing only having 3 updates

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have one that was part of someone else's LP thread (it was a challenge thing), and I'm the only one that finished. I have no idea how to submit it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Imgur sold out to a company that specializes in data mining, and brought back paid subscriptions, so I wouldn't trust them with something important like LP pic hosting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unstick every thread. In every part of the forums.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Turn every thread into an announcement.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

gently caress, and I can not stress this enough, YouTube.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think Seb should only do it if Sally agrees to stay a mod for 4 more years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sally posted:

:siren: IK Switch-up announcement :siren:

tithin, Leal, and PurpleXIV are now IKs of SALP. congrats/condolences!

and goonspeed...

Once again, I say congratulations to them, and better them than me!

PurpleXVI posted:

I won my role in glorious arena combat.

That it was. That it was.