Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

See what happens when you try to step down?

4 more years of Sally as LP Mod!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Odd Wilson posted:

Voting?

If you've been around for any of my previous work, you should know that I'm a big fan of reader participation. For me, it's what makes an LP a Let's Play. I gotta have that voting, even if it is an exercise in shooting myself in the foot at times.

Second Light does make it a bit difficult to properly provide voting opportunities given it's design. Even though I'm going to try and show off as close to 100% as I can, I'll still let you influence which characters we do prioritize hanging out with in events where we have a choice. This influences how many events with the other girls we'll be able to see and does have mechanical implications, but we'll get to that when it becomes relevant.

The votes will be comparatively spread out, usually focused at the end of chapters.

I have a suggestion, though I have no idea how feasable it is...

If you can spend time with A, B, or C, make 2 extra saves, then have the thread vote on who they want to see first, and show them off in the order of most to least votes.

Of course, if spending time with A changes choices later down the line from what you'd get if you had instead spent it with B or C, then it's probably not worth the hassle.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So Sally steps down, and 2 days later, the Imgur Crisis happens... :thunk:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

IGgy IGsen posted:

Revenge against people posting small Dash.

Can't be. Small Dash is hosted on SA Servers:
code:
https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/avatars/smalldash.png

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

It can't hurt to ask Baldurk if they'd make an exception considering The Imgur Crisis. But the archive also hasn't been updated since November last year and I got no reply on the last half dozen or so "plz archive this"-mails I've sent, so it might be worth it to find an alternative.

Probably the "simplest" way, albeit also quite work-demanding, would be to upload all of the images to lpix.org and replace them in every post with their new versions.

Psst!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

Keep in mind that this seems to be related to your Google account as a whole, not just your YouTube account. Thus if you have GMail and use it regularly your YT Let's Plays are safe, even if you did one LP back in 2008 and haven't touched YT since.

Yeah, what I've been reading is that it's tied to your Google account.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ZCKaiser posted:

Every time you need a hint, ask the thread; you have to buy a forums upgrade/avatar/something for the person whose hint got you to the answer without spelling it out.

Depending on how many hints are needed, that could add up. Maybe just put the name of everyone into a pool, and at the end of the LP, pick some random winners to get the upgrade/avatar/custom title...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Leal posted:

:justpost: and if no one is interested, there is no penalty for abandoning a thread. Hell, if you don't have a 2 to 1 ratio of abandoned to completed threads what are you even doing with your life?

Waiting for someone to post another LP Megathread for me to post in.

Quackles posted:

Making the game I was supposed to LP.

I find this fact makes it one of the best LPs I've ever read, even if I do have to wait months between new posts. :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

So, for my primarily image LP's, I started out doing .gifs, then swapped to .webp because it took 1/10th of the space of a .gif.

Now I'm being told that .webp's are, in fact, a terrible format, both technically and morally bankrupt. Is this just internet nerd madness or is there something to it and I should be using, I don't know, animated .png's instead?

As far as I know (and that's not very much), the .MNG never really caught on, so I'm not sure how widely it's supported. I'd say that .webp is probably the way to go.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DMorbid posted:

Or just do what I do, which is "always think about getting your LPs archived and never actually bother emailing baldurk to get them on there"

I think about submitting my part of a megathread to get archived, but it just seems weird since the megathread itself isn't archived. Also, the who header image thinger confuses me, so I just don't.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Explosionface posted:

Hey, I'm right here!

And we're glad you are!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have never read the LP Announcement thread, so that's not a problem for me. :smuggo:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Leal posted:

But if you don't read that thread, how will you know when a new LP is posted?

I don't have to be in on the ground flood of an LP. Every week or so, I go to the LP subforum, and sort by newest threads.

Sally posted:

what the heck we spent so much time making sure that thread catered specifically to your two needs!!

I'm sorry you had to find out like this…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

How do you sort them?

Click on the words Title (Pages) at the top of the list of threads.

By default, threads are sorted by last reply, with stickied threads getting priority. Clicking that sorts by date created, and doesn't give priority to sticky threads.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

His FFX LP was the one I remember.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope he knows he made plenty of things that meant a lot to a good amount of people.

Fedule posted:

He deserved so, so much better than what he got. May he find it, and may he love that poo poo.

berryjon posted:

gently caress Cancer.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Huh.

I think what we have here is the latest entry for goons.txt

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Agreed. Two people with good chemistry is the ideal for me. They can work off each other's comments, but there aren't too many cooks.

In general, I agree with this, but…

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Depends on the chemistry of the group.

This is also a factor. The Straw Hat NO! has good chemistry, and I enjoy their LPs despite having more than 2 people commenting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I will refuse all calls from your lawyer after your death if you do this to me.

Solid plan.

Private Message to Leal. Do not read if you are not Leal!

Don't worry. I'll let your lawyer use my phone to call ibblebibble.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I joined the forums when OFS's FFT LP was suddenly unavailable because the paywall went up.

Apparently, I chose the normal LPer to register because of.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well drat. I thought Richard Gamingo was just an alt of Lowtax, and since I didn't care for his LP videos, I just ignored his threads. Looks like I missed out. Ah well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Many different users state that they do not like or want me posting

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like TDI was just taking some advice from Twitter

Time to head to Tuscan, Arizonia and start looking for Jackie Daytona...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

Everyone with more than 10 LPs to their name better be workshopping their swan song.

Does this include ones posted in someone else's LP, like when OFS did a low level run LP in Elentor's FF7 LP?

What about ones posted in The Casual LP Thread/[GAME CHALLENGE] Megathreads?

I mean, no matter how you count it, I'm safe at 2, max, from dotchan's FFT Fiesta Megathread, but others might find their number just hit/passed 10 if the above are included…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jamesman posted:

18 threads with 30+ games completed, plus a few abandoned ones thrown in there too.

My secret is nobody ever liked me and I've always been a piece of poo poo, so I've had nothing to lose.

I liked your Tony Hawk LPs…

YggiDee posted:

Not only have I deleted all my LP threads, I have bribed both LP the Internet Archive and LP Archive to delete every evidence of my LPs, to such a degree you would think that I have never made a Let's Play at all. ;)

Joke's on you. I have a scraper set up that downloads all LPs and stores them, so that when I need them at a future date, I'll have them!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

pull up thread

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

more like zip up

It's highly recommended to do one before the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blastinus posted:

Yeah, back in the day, when I was perhaps a bit too passionate about LP's (and was still in high school, so no job), I would do an update a day and sometimes more before folks pointed out that it was really difficult to keep up. Nowadays, I keep to a much more reasonable schedule of doing an update every, uh...three months or more. Yeah.

And we're supposed to keep up with that schedule?!