Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I have made one thread and abandoned it after like three updates because my save corrupted (it was an unfinished romhack). Yay 0% completion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Was he the fe8 reverse recruitment hack goon or was that a different weirdo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Leal posted:

I believe the fire emblem one was delphisage

No delphisage was an entirely different brand of fire emblem creep

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

No, he was the guy who wanted someone to LP his favorite Pokemon romhack, the one where all the Pokemon are replaced with naked women and girls and you torture and rape them there's a market area in it where you can buy women who've had their limbs amputated specifically so that they can't escape from their life of sex slavery.

:stonk:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

webp has security vulnerabilities but most browsers have patched over those. It's only really a problem in Discord, which of course does not have the necessary security measures in place.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Slay, queens

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Ok, I'm stupid, how is this proof that that's his alt?

The proof is that fluffdaddy is an admin and alt checked it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tombot posted:

What I'm thinking about is this: usually when somebody dies it's customary to permaban their account so nobody can hack into it and pretend to be them. So what do we do, do we ban their account based on their word that they somehow died of unexplained super-cancer or do we leave it be on the assumption they are some kind of Omega-liar and they are still alive?

Leave it unbanned so that if he ever tries to come back and pretend to be a relative or something we can all laugh about it, imo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Guy who showed up here out of nowhere in I wanna say like 2014 or 15, and posted a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH of lovely low effort VLPs of shootemup games with incredibly oddball, borderline mentally ill commentary, to the point where it was just flooding the zone with poo poo. Geop, the mod of LP at the time, got sick of his poo poo and threw down a challenge saying "post a VLP of yourself playing chess with normal, subdued commentary or you'll be banned, if you post anything else but chess, you will be banned, you have one month to do this or you will be banned."

So Gamingo just disappears after that and the whole month flies by with everyone in the sub losing their poo poo over whether or not he will post chess or if Geop just scored the coup of the decade on this random weirdo. All this time there's some weird random hype man posting these weird "What happened to Richard Gamingo?"/"I believe in Richard Gamingo" videos amping people up even further (this later turned out to be Gamingo using an alt because he apparently worked in marketing and/or finance IRL and knew how to play people). Then on the day of the deadline at nearly the last second... Gamingo returns and posts chess, earning his clemency and the right to keep posting poo poo and humiliating Geop and a fun time was had by all.

Then Gamingo just kind of, I dunno, peters out, his big moment of fame come and gone and the shine of his star, such as it is, fastly faded. As Sally said, Putty tried to reach out to him to do a guest comm spot on a video of his and he scrapped the whole thing because Gamingo was a legit gibbering nutbar. I distinctly recall him saying to me something of the effect to "As someone who does a bit in their commentary, I know when people are doing a bit, and this guy is 100% not faking his crazy."

From there, he drifts away from LP and starts haunting BFC where he starts posting absolutely unhinged investing advice that usually ended on the punchline of "drink your own piss" or something to that effect and quickly got repeatedly banned from there until he just stopped buying his account back and left SA forever.

He is now a legend and always will be.

What a guy, goddamn

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

biosterous posted:

i don't remember, anyway here's the blooming onion blender render

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-NgO53BdbI

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh, it's euroshopper

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've always been on the side of fanfic in lps that already have stories being really cringe, but I simply just don't read them if I don't like the writing, instead of being even weirder about it than the lp writer is.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wasn't crow a gbs politics poster, not a cspam one?

It's all very bad and it's a shame it rotted his brain like this :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

I had girls send me fanfic models using my in game character of them loving me which was one of the weirdest things I've ever had happen in an MMO :blush:

lol what the hell

I guess when people say ffxiv has the friendliest community of any MMO they're using a different definition of the word friendly...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

I’ll start by talking about MapleStory

:sickos:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Katawa Shoujo.

How the hell did anyone get away with LPing that here

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I just looked it up, and dear God why

Like how can you look at yourself in the mirror after making something that viscerally unpleasant to look at and publishing it for the whole world to see?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

claw game handjob posted:

Since the thread's never going to happen, the game also has a happy ending I will spoil here.

The game was made by an artist and a writer who crowdfunded the whole thing in the kickstarter boom era. The artist proceeds to turn in everything to contract, down to the last letter: X sprites for Y characters, backgrounds, etc., and he gets done way ahead of the writer. Artist is also the person who had been doing the updates for people while the game is in development, so he just goes "I've turned in my work, you're just waiting on so-and-so to finish, have fun with the finished product, all!" and he gets offline for years and uses his half of the crowdfunding cash to pay his way through art school. As far as I am aware he is now just a big-boob patreon dude living happily, dunno if he has a good day job, never dug deeper.

The back half of the game has a lot of very, very bitter jokes from the writer (who sucks as a dude) about how because he didn't think ahead or get more work out of his partner or whatever, now every single NPC professor in the game is the same sprite, or there aren't enough NPCs, or...

You know what, good for the artist.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

I Don't Wanna Be The Guy

have you tried estrogen

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We're past the days of pokemon LPs being so overdone and boring that they got banned for a while, but do people actually want to read/watch Pokemon LPs in TYOOL 2024? Particularly romhacks and fangames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I find it extremely amusing that Danaru posted a new Pokemon LP like immediately after I asked about them, gonna go watch that.