Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Youtube doubler is a (very mobile-unfriendly!) thing, so it's doable. Feasable, the jury's out on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

I think this is the thread that I need. I require Non-Technical LP support. I am hosting the Let's Play Mirror's Edge Co-op thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775454&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 and uploaded my second to last video to Youtube just now but when I went to post an update my thread had been locked for archiving (I'm assuming due to lack of act of activity for almost 3 months.) I wanted to finish my LP before 2016 ended but now I'm not certain as to how. I assume I need to get in contact with a mod or something but I'm not certain how moving threads to the SA archives work.

Please send help. Thank you.

Once a thread's been locked for inactivity, that's it, that thread is dead. If you wanna continue your LP thread, you'll have to open a new one and provide links to the old updates and explain your situation.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You, uh, seem to have mixed up the Uncut and Cut video links. I'll get back to you with anything else I notice as I go through.

Edit: Starting with addressing your audio concerns: you could stand to up the volume on you guys' commentary. Ducking the game audio helps, but your audio sounds a little quiet.

Edit2: Not a critique, but the red envelopes are traditionally used to give money as gifts in Asian cultures.

Edit3: Face levels do give you more abilities, they don't just unlock more shopping options.

I think that's about all I have, I wasn't sure if I was gonna follow another Sleeping Dogs LP, but I'm a sucker for seeing how people react to this game's environmental kills, so count me in. :allears:

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 21, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

This might be an edge case, but I'm told that Kyle McCarley and Kira Buckland's livestream playthrough of NieR Automata has them voice act several unvoiced NPCs live. Those two are the voice actors of two of the central characters of the game, 9S and 2B, so I'd probably give them a pass on reading lines, though I haven't watched them play since I'm playing it too. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

2 months, assuming the archiving process hasn't changed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

No. It just went on vacation while I waited for an HDMI dongle I ordered from China to emerge from the black hole the shipped it through. I have it now though. I'm actually recording footage for it tonight.

Why would you order one from China instead of sourcing one on Amazon?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Set your level in the encoder settings to be higher and it should be ok.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Classic music stations are good for general gameplay. MIDI versions of licensed songs that don't make it through the copyright flags are also good to have on hand.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The way I'd handle that is to record both screens at once, then in editing, make two separate clips: one is the top screen and the second is the bottom. It's not a big loss of video quality as you might think, so long as you're recording the videos at a large enough resolution, but you're going to end up with some pretty hefty raws, just as a forewarning. In addition, 3DS video capture still probably doesn't look great if it's coming from NTR recording, so you'll have to accept the somewhat unstable and kinda grainy video.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You can totally do that in OBS. You'd need to make multiple sources point at your 3DS capture window and have their display areas cropped to different screen regions, but it's definitely doable just in OBS.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Making templates is a massive timesaver and you will thank yourself for making a baseline to start from that cuts out 90% of the work. I have a multitrack audio session in Audition, for example, that automatically ducks the audio of whatever I drop into track 1 whenever track 2 starts “speaking,” which lets me save a loooot of time from having audacity go in and actually duck track 1.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Strawpoll?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Danaru posted:

Anyone know offhand what the max character count for thread titles is?

code:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
However long this chain of a's is, which I think is 75 characters? I think the mods get a little more room to play with if they're editing a thread title though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Alright, I think I figured out how to get video capturing working for the DS titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ORG8iBG2g

OSS has a weird echo-y quality to its sound, but I believe that might be because of how its tracks were "remixed".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xPNiCdJ3_M

Notably, Double Team DS doesn't have that problem.

That being said, I'm still a newbie at this, so there might be a way to improve OSS' sound quality!

No that’s just OSS’s music. All they really did was add a poo poo ton of reverb to the music and it sounds awful. DTDS actually remixed the music so it sounds waaaaaay better.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah we've been on there for ages.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Eldsluft posted:

...Wasn't that an abuse of reporting? Like the post did not break any rule of the forum...

If you look at the reporting function as a "flag down the mods for something" button, I guess technically its not an invalid use of the feature?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Read a food or medical industry horror story whenever you're stuck. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Wow this is a more complicated way of doing a dictionary replace. :v: