Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly checking Audio levels and otherwise I think everything looks fine? Don't really have a thread title either if there are any suggestions out there.

Welcome to the 15th Final Fantasy, or have there been more than that, I've lost count.

Perhaps you've heard of this series, but if not, Final Fantasy(FF) is a RPG series spanning several decades and consoles, all taking place in different fictional universes. Final Fantasy 15, originally Final Fantasy 13-Versus, is not exactly a game that came out on time. It was originally intended to be an offshoot of FF13, but with all the fan criticisms of FF13, and the horrible mess that was FF14 on launch, the game was put into a development limbo for a while. Eventually what came out, 10 years after it was shown to the public, was Final Fantasy 15.

What is this game

If you played any of the previous games(Barring the mmo's), the series has typically been menu-driven RPG's, but that whole idea was tossed out the window here. What we have is much more of a Character-Action game, with RPG elements. Positioning, timing attacks, quicktime events are all things that are going on here, all wrapped up in the too-many-belts-and-weird-character-design that Final Fantasy is known for.

The game itself follows Prince Noctis, who is on the road to go and get married to the Oracle Lunafreya in order to help stabilize the world politically. Joining him on the trip are his 3 Best buds, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignus. The game expects some things from the players on the story front however, as Square-Enix made it not so clear that to understand what is going on in the story, or who the characters are, you need to watch Brotherhood: Final Fantasy 15, an Anime and Kingsglaive Final Fantasy 15, a Movie. These cover parts of the story that are seemingly missing from the game, and introduce the main characters in a "well this is how we met and became buds" kind of way.

The LP

Joining me is my bud, Zarin, as we make our way through the roadtrip land of FF15. I've been a fan of the series for a long time, and have beaten nearly all of the mainline FF games, while Zarin fell off around the transition to PS2. The other thing you should know, is we are both going into the game blind, I know basically nothing outside of watching the anime, and some pre-release trailers. So please, :siren:No spoilers:siren:

Videos

The Tutorial
Episode #1: Out of cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Artix posted:

There's a loud buzzing when one of you is talking, it sounds like an attempt at noise removal gone wrong. Other than that, I didn't notice anything particularly offensive.

its actually the PS4 getting picked up by my mic while its spinning the disc, unfortunately nothing I tried made it better.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Fedule posted:

...what?! How does a PS4 make that sound? Is it, like, vibrating on a surface or something? (If so put a cloth under it I guess?)

Yeah, between vibrating on a surface, it being on an almost level surface on the other end of the room, and the room not having great sound dampening it came up weird. Trying to work a bit more on the audio in Audacity to see if I can dampen it a bit more.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Fedule posted:

...what?! How does a PS4 make that sound? Is it, like, vibrating on a surface or something? (If so put a cloth under it I guess?)

Artix posted:

There's a loud buzzing when one of you is talking, it sounds like an attempt at noise removal gone wrong. Other than that, I didn't notice anything particularly offensive.

I think I got it fixed? Updated Video and an Isolated comparison New & Old.