Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
How many people here own Dragon's Dogma on PC? The question is for LP ideas. I don't know. It's just something to consider since if I was going to do it I would want to know who is where in the levels. I haven't messed with steam family sharing to see if that lets you create pawns for yourself, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Wayne posted:

Hey, that'd be cool. I've been streaming it recently and putting that on the casual LP thread, and the reason why I didn't also do a "proper" LP of it was because my computer couldn't run it on max settings, and the graphics are the big reason to play it on PC over console.

We've had a couple goons show up for it and a few friended me, but all of them either abandoned the game early or were well into the postgame (level 150-200). I'm around 100 now, but I wouldn't mind downloading the save game mod and running another character to show off pawn team stuff. SA is pretty big and the game's been on sale a few times, an LP might get more people to buy it too (or actually play it if they already got it :v: ).

Yes, it works fine online, you can totally play both games and rent the pawn on your "family" account, and trade items and rack up RCs. I've been doing just that with my brother's account. The one thing to remember is to rest at the inn periodically, you can only have 10 outstanding gifts or they all get turned into rocks. I've seen people on the Steam forum ask about that.

My idea was an HLP narrative. Screenshots for all plot and videos for the actual gameplay and exploration. At least starting a clean game wouldn't be hard. Does it make you install the game all over again on a different account?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Wayne posted:

Any reason you don't want to do a standard VLP? The cutscenes aren't too obtrusive and the voice acting is actually pretty good (in my opinion anyway). It'd probably be easier on you, too.

And no, it's one install per computer, not per account. There've been a couple times where we'd stream Darkest Dungeon (his game, on his profile), and then afterward we'd switch accounts to me and I'd play it. :D

There are a lot of gaps in Dragon's Dogma's story overall that I feel are open to exploiting for a narrative style LP. Plenty of quests just 'end' outright or don't have satisfying conclusions. Doing the game to the usual VLP standard would feel too robotic to me and screenshots telling a story in between would go a long way. I have plans to showcase every enemy in their own video as a how-to to reach the 3-star Bestiary knowledge for the pawn as well. The only thing left to think about is how to actually post the updates. Naturally I will want videos covering all of the events taking place.

For example, going through a rung of Bitterblack Isle, that's all definitely worth the video & exploration sure, but I also want to have the narrative going on for it.

Another example, since I have the map of Gransys plotted out to cover my progression over time:

So my idea is, for the blue area and for a certain point in the main game, get videos for every thing involved in that particular area. Monsters, loot, exploration. After all the little stuff is taken care of, move on in the main quest, explore new areas, you get the idea. I want to have the narrative take place during all of this in SSLP format and to have the video so I guess when I post an update it'd be the SSLP format and have the video links just above it. Thoughts?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Sensing some bias here

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

I have hundreds of photos on my phone.

Who wants to watch me build an irresponsibly large Lego set piece by piece in a place I probably shouldn't build it?

Post a new thread for every update then sticky every thread then challenge the entire subforum to bump the threads in the exact order it takes to assemble the set.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Depending on what your plans are for videos (and there's no reason not to have a lot: practically every conversation is fully voiced and the music is an enormous factor in the .hack// series) you're going run up against rampant copyright lockdowns by a 'Victor Entertainment' on youtube. A lot of music will get the video blocked in every country where your views would even come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah it's one of those QoL things that someone loves or hates or loves to hate.

I have told Coolguy I want to badly LP Far Cry 5 (waiting on more stuff to get added, maybe NG+?) and one similar-to-your-situation thing I will do, if I get around to it, is running a cheat for infinite stamina. Your loving character can't take more than 5 seconds of it without wheezing like a geriatric and it just slows down the travel and game. There's a 'trick' you do when traveling on foot which is to slide every 5 seconds and that's completely unacceptable for viewer appreciation.

poo poo I say 5 seconds it's more like 3.