Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Zenithe posted:

Test post, as I've never done an SSLP before. There are a few pics with pause in them that I need to replace because I'm dumb, but looking for any feedback. The game is Tormentum: Dark Sorrow

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=145843

Lot of large images, so data warning.

One thing I'd recommend is making icons for all the characters who speak so you can just use those instead of putting in a screenshot for every single line of dialogue; it helps to keep things looking neat and will reduce the number of screenshots needed. In addition, I would personally resize the larger images so that all the images are the same size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

AmewTheFox posted:

As a small break in that discussion(though that is all around a bad sounding idea), I re-did all my screenshots and did a bit of cleaning up, along with a few extra features. (Who knew someone uploaded the soundtrack to youtube?)

...That then begs the question of if that's wise, considering how OSTs linked through youtube gets removed at some point in the future.

Anyway, I think this is approaching postable territory.

Also, "game like popular MMOs"? What?

The only thing you might want to fix or play around with are the icons you're using for dialogue - they're kinda on the large size and would look better with transparency.

For example, I took the original Yugi icon:

And added some transparency and resized it:

Rule of thumb is basically that the icons should be as small as possible while still being clear enough that someone can take a single glance at it and recognize who's speaking.