Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Since nobody better has posted about your Toonstruck video, I thought I'd bring up a couple things. I'll admit this is really a viewer's point of view rather than an LPer's advice, but I figured it might be wanted anyway.

I like that you're not talking over the introduction, but if it's long enough (Which I'd guess you think it is, as you're complaining about the length of it before it's even over) then it might be better to put it in its own video and then make the start of the actual game its own update. If you're not happy with a ten minute video that is just a cutscene, you could also put in a rundown of what the game actually is or something, how your updates are going to go, that sort of thing?

You already realised that your voice isn't always completely clear, but it's not a huge issue unless it gets much quieter than the video you've posted. A couple points near the end have you mumbling about Bricabrac, but even then you can still kinda make it out.

Apart from that though, I dunno. I mean, you're immediately trying to be funnier than the game, and given it's an eclectic cartoon-logic adventure game, you might want to let it speak for itself sometimes rather than trying to rip into it at the first sight of a giant talking foot. If you try to call out every dumb thing the game does before it has the chance to do something with it (like complain about the lack of a portable hole) it's going to be a very long LP.

Out of curiousity: When you talk to the Footman, are you intentionally being dumb about the conversation options? It's "breaking the ice". Similarly, but unrelated: how long until you understood the connection between sugar and spice?

And also because it's an adventure game, it's not really the best choice for a blind LP. You kind of want to know what you're doing, so you know what to show off, and you don't end up doing nothing and going nowhere for five minutes at a time, or have to edit out a bunch of backtracking all the time when you do things wildly out of order. It's entirely reasonable to do these kinds of games with a guide on hand just in case, and some of the logic in this game definitely requires a particularly special kind of thinking. Like the squirrel puzzle. I admit it might be interesting to see someone try to fit these things together in real time, but only if they actually do get there in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You want the Outside SA-LP Thread, which basically spends so much time being the DSP Appreciation Thread that you can't get the man out of the title.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

Hide the second LP inside the one you’re currently doing somehow. :v:

In their recent XCOM 2 DLC LP, for some reason or another Jade and Guava decided to also LP Outer Wilds and Contradiction as a kind of occasional interlude thing. I don't think they've got time before the game is over to fit a whole entire game in there, but three LPs in one thread is still pretty good.