Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014

IGgy IGsen posted:

Oh god! people used to reserve LPs? It was heavily discouraged to have an LP of a game that already had an LP? It's interesting to see the historical origins of some of the worse sentiments that can be found in this subforum. I'm still unsure as to what the reasoning for that was. I guess on SA the LP screamed "FIRST!" not the commenter. Now we have a guideline that tells people to not be dicks about the nth LP of a game. It's great to see how far we've come.

This is the Let's Play Sandcastle, in here we talk about the Let's Play Sandcastles.

I have to wonder why that was even a thing to begin with. Was it a matter of LPer ego where posting a thread for a game that was done already implied that the first LP wasn't good enough; or was it a way to force a variety of content so that it wouldn't be like YouTube where at that time every LPer had their own Mario World LP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014

Zenithe posted:

Not size, quality. It's default is to record at stream friendly quality, so unless you change it it will look a bit shabby.

File, settings, advanced, output, recording quality, indistinguishable (or lossless if you have a spare terabyte or two lying around)

There's a quality option section in OBS? I've never seen one.