Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
Time for a test. Let me know if there's an issue since SSLPs are a new one for me.

Ruff Times For Jack Russell, Let's Play Radiata Stories

Radiata Stories is a JRPG developed by Tri-Ace (Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile) and published by Square-Enix in 2005 for the PS2. It was advertised as a more whimsical game in relation to its peers released at the time and generally carries that tone throughout. It tells the story of Jack Russell as he works towards becoming a knight of Radiata like his father before him. Along the way he will use the game's 24 hour clock system to gather a party list of 176 possible other people.

Wait, 177 total party members?
Yes, this game has a total of 177 possible characters that can join your party. This total is split up due to a plot choice which will restrict the possible party members that can be recruited and played with for the remainder of the game. I'm going to get them all. When "The Big Choice" arrives I am going to present both paths concurrently, alternating updates for each choice in order to best present how that split affects the story itself.

Format
The LP will be a screenshot hybrid with a video in each update if reading's not your thing. There is also an absolute wealth of additional content in game such at flavor art for every item, journal entries for each party member, and collectible records which play game music from the soundtrack itself. I'll collect and present as much of that as I can.

Spoiler Policy
I have a thing for presenting underappreciated gems, so I ask to limit discussion to events that have already occurred in an update already.

Updates

Highlight Playlist

Chapter 01: A Pup Learns To Walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU