Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Lunethex posted:

How many people here own Dragon's Dogma on PC? The question is for LP ideas.

Hey, that'd be cool. I've been streaming it recently and putting that on the casual LP thread, and the reason why I didn't also do a "proper" LP of it was because my computer couldn't run it on max settings, and the graphics are the big reason to play it on PC over console.

We've had a couple goons show up for it and a few friended me, but all of them either abandoned the game early or were well into the postgame (level 150-200). I'm around 100 now, but I wouldn't mind downloading the save game mod and running another character to show off pawn team stuff. SA is pretty big and the game's been on sale a few times, an LP might get more people to buy it too (or actually play it if they already got it :v: ).

Lunethex posted:

I haven't messed with steam family sharing to see if that lets you create pawns for yourself, for example.

Yes, it works fine online, you can totally play both games and rent the pawn on your "family" account, and trade items and rack up RCs. I've been doing just that with my brother's account. The one thing to remember is to rest at the inn periodically, you can only have 10 outstanding gifts or they all get turned into rocks. I've seen people on the Steam forum ask about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Lunethex posted:

My idea was an HLP narrative. Screenshots for all plot and videos for the actual gameplay and exploration. At least starting a clean game wouldn't be hard. Does it make you install the game all over again on a different account?

Any reason you don't want to do a standard VLP? The cutscenes aren't too obtrusive and the voice acting is actually pretty good (in my opinion anyway). It'd probably be easier on you, too.

And no, it's one install per computer, not per account. There've been a couple times where we'd stream Darkest Dungeon (his game, on his profile), and then afterward we'd switch accounts to me and I'd play it. :D

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. It'd also let you write in the Arisen actually saying things or, y'know, your friends calling you by your name. I'm just not used to seeing screenshot elements in action RPGs.

Lunethex posted:

I have plans to showcase every enemy in their own video as a how-to to reach the 3-star Bestiary knowledge for the pawn as well. The only thing left to think about is how to actually post the updates. Naturally I will want videos covering all of the events taking place.

That's a heck of a project! I take it you've been following the community stuff digging into the numbers now that it's on PC? There was a big post on GameFAQs a few weeks ago that was basically saying all the superstitions about pawn behavior was wrong.

As far as the format goes, yeah, sounds good to me. It helps that Gransys isn't actually that big, and doesn't constantly have side content to pull you away like Skyrim or something. I'd split yellow into two parts, probably right around Hillfigure Knoll; there's a lot of stuff going around up there at different points in the story. Likewise, Witchwood would probably need its own video too, if you plan on showing off everything (to this day I still haven't found every effigy). And you can safely save BBI for the postgame, it fits just as well and having a dragon weapon will make it go a lot more smoothly.

Anyway, unless somebody else really wants to weigh in, I think you're at :justpost: territory, definitely thought it out pretty well!