Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was looking around and noticed this LP for Saga Frontier. Is this LP complete? I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Didn't Tindeck shut down, or am I thinking of another service?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I saw this and just laughed.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Unless you're really sure you can handle it, I wouldn't recommend doing an update every day. I know there are some people who can push out videos regularly like clockwork, but not a lot of people can handle that kind of output.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

When Chip and Ironicus LPed The Wonderful 101, didn't he put the gamepad view into the corner when he wanted to show something?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

If you want to consider games that people are interested in, check out the requests thread.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Huh, when did the forum start archiving threads again?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, it came back online in the last few days because I checked the Ace Combat 2/Assault Horizon Legacy thread last week and it was still open (because I have one final update that I keep putting off and putting off for it that I'm gonna have to throw into the Ace Combat 04 thread now) and the thread was Archive Locked, and the last post in that one was late August.

Basically, if your thread hasn't seen a reply since like Mid October-ish, it's been Archive Locked.

Unless I'm mistaken, LP threads get Archive Locked after 2 months of inactivity while every other thread gets 3 months. Which means that, at this time, starting tomorrow LP threads that have been inactive since November are at risk while it's October for every other thread.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

I've been thinking about trying out Elder Scrolls Online, and I figure doing a Let's Play would be the best excuse to justify dropping however much it costs. What I want, though, is a couple of other players to LP along with me in the other two factions, posting in a round robin configuration. I asked Lizard Wizard (of course I did), but he's got his own LPs to deal with.

Gotcha covered there: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758154

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I am excited for a Dragon Quarter LP!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Can someone explain to me what Let's Play Zone is?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

You should have said clockwise or counterclockwise.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What I don't understand is why the LP threads get 2 months while every other thread gets 4 months (haven't seen one with 3 months).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've been thinking about this idea for a while now and I'd like to know if I can do this. I was thinking about making a thread that warns people when threads in the LP forums are going to be archived. There could be any number of reasons to prevent a thread from getting archived, such as someone needing a little reminder that they were working on something (especially when the OP locks the thread and because they don't have platinum they can't receive PMs to remind them).

Here is an example of how the thread would work:

--------------------------------------------------
Friday, June 30

--------------------------------------------------

What this means is that the next day, July 1st, is the day these threads are archived, so the last day for someone to post in any of those threads is June 30. And the warning thread will be updated with each post a different day up to at least a week, 2 weeks tops. I think that's enough time to warn people in advance. Also, I wasn't sure if I should include the name of the OP with each thread as there could be multiple contributors. What do you think?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

After watching(/reading?) a subtitled LP I had a random thought: are subtitles better at the bottom of the screen, or at the top?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Bit of an odd question, but has there ever been a case of LP plagiarism?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Spermy Smurf posted:

You can set the flag &perpage=10000 or whatever onto the end of the thread url which should give you 10000 posts per page. I doubt 10,000 will work but whatever the forum limit is will be given.

Then archive 3 pages of 1000 posts rather than 200 pages of 40 posts.

That sounds like a surefire way of crashing your browser.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm just noticing now, but did they stop archiving threads again?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

No no, I didn't mean that. I meant that the threads themselves were not falling into the archived state.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Fedule posted:

Have raised this with zen death robot, who acknowledges that "something" isn't right with all this.

Would you say that something is quite wrong?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I think the forum archiving might be back.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I could swear I remembered watching an LP of The Unfinished Swan from these forums, but I did not see any trace of it in the archive or the master list. Am I imagining things?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Rosemont posted:

Well, besides that, of course. I'm mostly concerned with the number of images bogging slower connections down.

If you're worried about that, you could always put updates into the LP tester.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Actually wasn't there a megathread once for spooky games? IIRC it had playthroughs of Ib and Ao Oni, maybe this game is also there?

I think I remember that thread. I can recall 2 or 3 titles other than the ones you mentioned; there was Paranormal and Haunt. I think Mad Father too?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I don't think you have to worry about :nws: since all the images are dead. I'm guessing it was that waffle image website.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Why not put the subtitles at the top?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Geemer posted:

I got Vegas Pro 14 from Humble Bundle for €20 or thereabouts. Its GPU acceleration code is so ancient and bad that a driver update broke its ability to realize my GTX 1070 exists, easily quadrupling processing time when rendering a relatively simple video with some "effects" that claim to be GPU accelerated.
Apparently the solution to this is to either update to fork out for 15+ (lol no) or to install an additional ancient video card (apparently the gtx780 is the best one to get).

Extreme Humble Bundle sales are the only way you should buy Vegas.
And even then, it's probably not worth it. Because you will need to immediately go into your control panel and uninstall the Magix Communicator program that automatically gets installed alongside it, which is literal adware that pops up GIANT banners on your computer. And no, there's no checkbox to untick and prevent it from installing.
Also, every time you boot Vegas it'll display an ad for the latest version and the checkbox for disabling them is non-functional. The actual setting for it is somewhere hidden in the preferences window.

E: I'm a dumdum and got my versions mixed up. I got 14 instead of 15. Point still stands though.

I think I bought the same Humble Bundle last year. A shame to hear that it sucks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Isn't 13 the last one made by Sony?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What kind of god accepts rabbits as a sacrifice? A goat is better, and more traditional.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Huh, was not aware a mod could probate themselves. It's regarding the New LP thread.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Does this mean a mod could ban themselves, or can they not self-terminate?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That was weird. For brief time I couldn't post in the LP forums.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

In order to fool everyone, you need to fool yourself.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What's the number of people with Patreon in the LP forums?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

All the videos of the Valkyria Chronicles LP on the archive are gone.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How long ago was your original thread?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

In that case, I think starting fresh is fine.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

If everything does get shut down, I just want to say that I enjoyed my time here discussing various video games with you all and I hope I can find the next place for LPs that isn't all on YouTube.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/LiamODellUK/status/1288869766980042752?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Does anyone have a link to that video about Vegas Pro someone posted here?