Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Has it ever been brought up to require SSLP or VLP in thread titles here? I know there are people both ways who just cant enjoy the other, so it seems like it'd help a bit. It really sucks seeing a thread for a game you really wanted LPd but then you find its in the format you dont enjoy, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: Not to mention that most of the time if you know the game, you know how it's going to be LPed. Dark Souls gets VLPs, Ultima gets an SSLP, and so on.

A good chunk of the lps around here are for RPGs, which dont really agree with that. I mean theres a new Pokemon VLP for Red, nuff said.

I definitely agree that rule was a bit of a strong word and standardizing works better.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Double Punctuation posted:

Maybe you could turn on the feature that Ask/Tell and SAMart have that adds another tag to the thread that indicates what type of thread it is.

Can you tell me more?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I remember seeing some kind of image size rules for portraits and images, but cant remember what they were, can someone tell me?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Artix posted:

Smaller is better, especially if you have a lot of dialogue to transcribe.

Small as possible it is.

Thanks both of you.

Edit: Are OPs considered the harder parts to write? Or am I just really bad at this?

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 24, 2016

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The OP is only about 4000 characters but took me nearly 4 hours to finally get to a point where its ready to be posted. But I think it has all the info it needs for now.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I actually ran into technical difficulties with the actual recording(My computer is terrible) and I had a bit of an anxiety attack so I've decided to shelf it for the time being. Thanks for all the help, and sorry to disappoint but atleast I'm all set if I want to try again later.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Holy poo poo lmao.

Who's gonna SSLP Yoko Taro's next game now?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Aww, well thank you, I appreciate hearing that.

It's actually what made me join after reading most of the SSLPs on the archives, wish you did more SSLPs, but I understand the workload is insane.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Psycho Knight posted:

Working on a paper all week and haven't checked the site in a while. Decided to pop in, only to see that The Sandcastle has like 570 new posts since Sunday. Knew something major had happened that I had missed out on, so I started from the first new post. Well, it was either that or a bunch of people talking about Toriyama. Anyway, read the first page of people RIP'ing Id. Figured that would be the general theme for the other 569-odd posts, so I just skipped right to the most recent.

Ho-ly shiiit. I was not prepared for that turnabout. You truly never know what you will get from this forum. Some days you're watching some guy get not-mad over subforum rules and making Youtube videos about how much of an rear end in a top hat nine-gear crow is; some days you watch a guy proudly request an LP of a weird Pokemon sex slave romhack; and then there are days like today, where a veteran (of the forum, anyway) LP'er has their entire decade-plus house of cards come crashing down because they fumbled the big climax they had planned for their online persona.

All I will say is that Id's LPs were a major contributor to me joining the site and doing the handful that I did. Also, I am glad that I never felt the urge to build some insane fantasy image of myself in order to... something, for some vague reason. I am exactly the fat/unsuccessful/unattractive/lonely loser that I have always portrayed myself to be. My legacy is bulletproof.

Okay but tell me when you do another lp, I enjoy following yours.

Was anyone else super sad when they joined the forums for real and all the gently caress' turned into gently caress.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

100k hours is over 11 years.
8 years to go so see if that guy remembers.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Meowywitch posted:

remember when khad got 100k and then immediately came back when his time was up...to get banned again

Please tell me the story.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Caim is a hell of a drug, you LP Drakengard once and next thing you know you've created an entire fake life based off him...

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I think an LPer has to put something of themselves into the LP to make it good, and at the end of the day, it probably was the fanficy ones that were the best lol. Can't be too much though, the game has to be the focus, I might try vlps more often if every single time I tried the dude wasn't trying to voice the game himself.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Arist posted:

The fanfiction-y stuff can have its own appeal, especially if it's integrated well. Not to toot my own horn, but when I SSLP'd Disco Elysium I had regular commentary and eventually started adding additional commentary by including an original personality type that was "me" in my authorial voice. It was mostly to help rationalize the actions of the main character, and maybe I went further than I needed to at times, but that felt like an interesting way to do that kind of thing, and in a way I hadn't personally seen before. And then I started P5R where I'm basically rewriting most of the game because I already showed it all.

I definitely still get somewhat nervous about those additions, but as long as you're still making it about the game as a base layer you're probably on the right track. The main concern, I'd say, is just not going overboard with it.

Sorry I asked for that way back when lmao.
You're gonna finish lping p5 twice before I see the credits in either version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Like all bad or mid RPGs I never want to touch or cannot force myself to touch for long, I just want someone to lp Pokemon in as much detail as possible so I can expand my encyclopedic knowledge of RPGs. Crosspiece was doing super well but I guess he hit his extreme burnout era.