Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Would you all please take a look at this test post for a SSLP of Urbz: Sims in the City (2004) for the Nintendo DS? This would be my first LP, and I'd appreciate any feedback be it technical, writing, or vibes. :kiddo:

OP:
https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=163725

Test Post Proper:
https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=163729

I've also uploaded the opening cinematic of the game to Youtube; it was literally never uploaded for some reason. So if you want to hear some :krad: music and visuals, click on the link in the test post. :)

tokin opposition fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Would something like this look better? (I also added a border):

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Left 4 Bread posted:

I will say you can get a clean and low size image if you stick to hard multiples of the game's native resolution so that the scaling doesn't go fuzzy. (256x192 per screen, so 256x384 for both screens.)

In this case, here's a cropped image of just the top screen upscaled by 3 (768 x 576)

It's only 35.1 kb compared to the 683 kb of the previous one.

(Note that whatever size you're recording in would also have to be a native scaling, 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. If you record in 2x size, note that you'll need to resize it down by 50% back down to 1x scaling and then back up to 3x to keep a clean image.)

Makes sense - I'm currently using DeSuMe's built in screenshot button mapped to a controller, so I think it always outputs 1x resolution, I'll check when I get some time.

Do folks think the borders would be helpful? I want to make sure it's easy to read, especially if I'm putting in a lot of in-game text. (There's so much loving text!)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Thank you all for the advice; This is my current workflow:

1. Take images with the emulator using a controller button.
2. When done, move all images to a raw image folder for each post.
3. Sort out images by top only or both screens (I really don't think we'll ever need bottom screen only but I also have a preset for that.)
3a. Use IfranView to crop top screen if applicable.
3b. Use IrfanView to scale 3x to 768x578.
4. Upload images to LPix using ShareX, one gallery per post.
5. Write post using https://bbcode.ilma.dev/.
6. Copy and paste URL using ShareX into post at labeled parts.

Any goofus decisions I should rethink before I start on the create-an-urb update? (ofc. goons will get to choose our name, presentation, clothes and personality.)

Also, is there any way to change ShareX to copy BB code instead of just the url with a shortcut?

e: also in the name of worldwide communism I will not be bothering with borders

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Gilgamesh255 posted:

Wait, so LPs AREN'T just some fancy fanfics? :psyduck:

But yeah, the fanfic style LPs are part of what drew me to SA, or at least the LP section.

Still waiting for you to update Dragon Quest 9 someday, Epicmissingno, even if I'm apparently the only one left who reads it. :v

Same, The Deadly Hume's sim city 3000 has a lot to answer for, by which I mean my posting