Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

GuavaMoment's X-Com and Speedball's XCOM LPs are the same but more akin to that Gazillionaire LP where the in-game narrative is mostly light/non-existent.

Another good example of the approach is Kinu's Sympathy for Chisa Inomiko expanding on 7th Dragon: 2020, along with Rea's Etrian Odyssey LPs that inspired it. I feel like plot-light games like dungeon crawlers are a solid fit for this sort of thing in general, especially when they're not as fraught action-to-action as, say, Nethack or Angband.

EDIT: The right game, dammit!

fatsleepycat fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

Kinu Nishimura posted:

that's not even the game(s) i lped. BisbyWorl did that one. also i think my lp is exactly what most posters in this thread would call 'too much' lmao

:doh: Fixed, because of course I was going to realize this catching up on the thread right before I saw your post. Regardless, I enjoyed it. Fic is good, LPs are good, LP-fic can be good. 'S'all good.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021
Very carefully, and it seemed like working with the mods went a long way. Being an actual disability advocate IRL probably helped with the specific choice of game.