Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I saw a few clips of the anime when I watched an AMV a long time ago. But other than that, I have no clue what's going on, other than Maria needs to get smacked across the mouth for acting like a 2 year old, and Battler seems to be hitting on his cousin.

Really, the only reasons I'm reading this is because of Professor Prof, and Higurashi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
There is no Umineko anime

It never happened

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

BGM: Rose

"Oh, right. Here. A present for you, Natsuhi nee-san."
"...Thank you very much. I'm always receiving gifts from you. Is this black tea?"
"It's herb tea with peppermint and lemon balm. It's a blend from a well-known store and is supposed to be good for headaches. I thought it might help you too."

Rosa was always a conscientious woman. Probably because she was the youngest of four siblings and much younger than the other three, she managed to grow up without harboring the venomosity of her brothers and sisters.

Her consideration made Natsuhi soften her expression for just a moment, but it wasn't enough to make her let down her guard, which was constructed around her long-held anxiety.

"That reminds me, you were always saying you get those headaches. Pull yourself together. Jessica-chan will have her exams this year, won't she? Isn't that a turning point in her life? Are you that unreliable as a mother? Besides, Natsuhi nee-san, you're three years younger than me. Can't you pull yourself together?"
"...I apologize. I was born with this discomfort."

Eva sometimes fails to choose her words carefully, but even though she hid it with a smile, her comments aimed at Natsuhi contained shards of obvious malice. Of course, that didn't escape Natsuhi. She frantically contained her urge to grimace, and pretended to ignore Eva.

"Our Battler-kun will have his exams this year too, right? Rudolf-san, shouldn't you be a little concerned too? For the sake of your own son, get serious to the point of getting headaches like Natsuhi nee-san."
"If I say anything, he automatically goes against it. So what should I say? Should I say the opposite, that it's okay for him to mess around? That's probably the only thing he'd obediently listen to me say. In your family, Hideyoshi nii-san, didn't George do really well on his exams? Please, teach me the secret to controlling children."
"Hmm, well... Maybe it was 'cause I told him exactly what he should study for! Study, on its own, don't mean nothin'. That's right, studyin's a kind of trainin' where you look up what you don't know yerself, and learn from it! If ya can't do that, you can't be useful to society! I'm not talkin' 'bout math or writin'. It's learning how to study and learn more!"
"...That's splendid. It would be nice if our Jessica could understand that, though. As it is now, she doesn't at all, but as the heiress of the Ushiromiya family,"
"Do you really have to force her into becoming the successor? Women have to find their own happiness. Parents shouldn't be deciding that for their children, right?"
"Hold yer horses, Eva. Each family has its way to raise their children. You shouldn't be pushy."
"I'm sorry. Natsuhi nee-san, don't take it the wrong way."
"..."

"Still, this black tea has a really lovely aroma. Let's drink it at once. In Japan, surely you can't buy something like Leopold's black tea anywhere but Ginza, right?"
"Kyrie nee-san, how knowledgeable of you. It really was worth buying."

Kyrie and Rosa stood up from their seats and made as if to prepare the black tea. Natsuhi forstalled them.

"...Thank you, both. Let us save that for later. One of our people will soon be coming to bring some tea, so please relax."
"Leave it for later, you two. Let's enjoy our 'welcome drink'."

Rudolf gave a subtle signal with his eyes for them to sit down again. Kyrie and Rosa understood instantly and obediently returned to their seats. The guests had already been greeted, so it was time for some tea to be prepared for them.

...That tea was late and having the guests talk about making some themselves was an embarrassment for the host. Natsuhi bit her lower lip, frustrated with the ineptitude of the servants who were taking too long to bring the tea. Seeing her face, Eva, without hesitation, started to giggle.

Of course, Shannon had no way of knowing what was taking place in the parlor. She came pushing a dish cart piled with tea cups. For no apparent reason, Natsuhi gave her a pained look, and Shannon couldn't help but flinch without knowing what she had done wrong.

"Oh, Shannon-chan, it's been a while! Ya juss' keep getting purtier and purtier!"
"...Oh... um... thanks..."
"Leave the chatting for after you've set the table. The tea will get cold."
"...I... I apologize, Madam."

She apologized like a small frightened animal, and, bumping against the serving cart, made a jarring racket as she dropped several tea spoons. Her clumsiness made Natsuhi's expression even harsher, which made Shannon in turn quail even more.

"It's alright, Natsuhi nee-san. It's just one kind of greeting, no big deal. We've already been made to wait for so long, the tea must be cold. Heheheh."
"It... it's alright... It's not cold yet..."
"...Shannon, finish setting the table, quickly."
"I, I'm sorry, Madam..."

It was obvious that Natsuhi was getting irritated. The ineptitude that delayed the tea, the clumsiness of the servant, everything pointed to the incompetence of Natsuhi's everyday guidance, making her lose face. As the person in charge of the Ushiromiya head house's kitchen, allowing that clumsiness to be exposed today of all days was surely nothing less than total humiliation.

"Lay off, Natsuhi nee-san. Don't you think it's a little harsh to bully Shannon-chan when she's trying her best?"
"I'm not bullying anyone...!"
"What a nice smell. May I ask you the brand of this tea?"
"...Umm... I'm, I'm terribly sorry... I'll find out for you later..."

"Whaat's this? Shannon-chan, don't you even know what you're pouring us? Come now, you mustn't serve something so suspicious to guests. We'll need a silver spoon at the very least before we can drink this.
"...I, I'm sorry... I'll go get one immediately..."
"Shannon-chan? Do you know what silver spoons are used for? Or why they have to be silver? Do you know why?"
"...No... umm..."

Eva's eyes played over Shannon, who was setting the table, as a catty smile floated onto her face. Eva's expression as she watched was charming in an impish sort of way. However, the words being spun from her lips held within them the keenness of a razor. Shannon tried with all her might to avoid Eva's gaze, which continued to stare at her.

Grasping that Shannon was hard-pressed for an answer, Rosa promptly gave some timely help.

"They say that if silver is touched by poison, it dims. *giggle*, you've learned something, right, Shannon-chan?"

"Haha, Aneki doesn't need any silver cutlery. With just one lick of her poisonous tongue, even a silver plate would go pitch black."
"Wa-hah-hah-ha! Since I get to hear that poison-tongue every day, I must be poison-proof by now! I don't pay it much mind, but poor souls without resistance are in for a stormy ride! Wah-hah-hah-ha!"
"My, how cruel. I only gave Shannon-chan a bit of information about tea, didn't I? *giggle*."

Everyone followed the lead set by Hideyoshi's horselaugh and smiled, though sourly. Only Natsuhi didn't join in, but for the time being, the conversation inside the parlor could now be mistaken for a lively and friendly chat. Kyrie apologized to Shannon in a low voice for not being able to help as she finally finished setting the tea table and tried to leave. Shannon gave a light bow and made a hasty retreat...

Shannon cast her eyes downwards, pushing the cart down the corridor. The pitiful air around her made it obvious that she had borne the brunt of some bullying.

"Madam and Eva-sama can go to hell... But the even worse coward is that guy."

Kanon glared hatefully in the opposite direction of the parlor.

There was no way that a showoff like Gohda would ever hand over a flamboyant job like carting the tea to the guests in the first place. He had ended up wasting time preparing the tea a second time. So, knowing that he wouldn't be able to make it on time, he pushed the task of setting the table on Shannon, who happened to be passing by.

...One could say that cutting corners like this was an especially despicable kind of cowardice.

"...It's alright, Kanon-kun, thank you. I really don't mind..."
"..."

Kanon's silence vividly showed that Shannon's words weren't coming from her heart.

"...Thank you. Even if you're the only one who understands, I feel better."
"...You bottle things up too much, Nee-san. You should be less hard on yourself for once."
"Yeah... Thanks."

Suddenly, they both felt someone's presence and whirled around. A middle-aged man stood there. It was Genji, the head servant.

"Y, yes. If you'll excuse me..."
"..."

Shannon humbly obeyed and promptly made to push the cart and leave. However, Kanon appealed to Genji in silence, bearing something in his eyes that he could not express in words.

"...What is it? Did something happen...?"
"...Sha... Shannon didn't do anything wrong. But even so, they..."
"Stop it, Kanon-kun... If you'll excuse me. I'll return to work immediately. Kanon-kun, you too, go back to your post. Please."
"...If you say so, Nee-san."
"...If that is all, then go."
"...Yes. If you'll excuse me."

From the shadows in the hallway, an old woman wearing an apron watched over them. It was Kumasawa...

Until Gohda-san was taken in by the Ushiromiya head house, I heard he worked for a fabulous hotel somewhere. I think the manner of work he learned there was quite something. It's just that... Gohda-san is the newest servant here. He must have a lot of pride accumulated from his previous posts.

Because Shannon-san and Kanon-kun are his seniors here at the mansion, and yet are inexperienced and have gone through much less in life than he has, he picks on them at every chance he gets... And also, although it's terrible, they are hated by Madam Natsuhi too...

Of course, in terms of experience, Madam has been in the family much longer. It's only that... they are just not allowed to sympathize with her. The master is also a truly cruel person... He probably did not realize his own trifling whims passed so much of an inferiority complex to his wife... Naturally, Madam's inner thoughts fully acknowledge that there's no reason to treat those two so harshly...

...However, the heart has reasons that reason knows not...

October 4th, 1986, 12:00 PM

BGM: Doorway of Summer

Anyway, there are both girls and guys here. Plus, we've got people over a wide spread of ages: adult, high school, and elementary school. Even though everyone was only telling his or her personal story, the other three were listening attentively.

"I think I'm finally getting used to all this. Jessica and Maria have grown more than I could've imagined in the past six years. To be honest, I was feeling a bit uncomfortable, but talking like this, I guess that on the inside, nothing's really changed since back then."
"I agree. Battler, even after six years you haven't changed a bit. Even though your body's gotten gigantic, you're still a kid inside."
"Uu-! Maria's a kid too! Maria's a kid too!"
"Well, even you aren't gonna be a kid forever, are you Maria? I mean, you're growing from being a kid to a cute young lady, aren'tcha? And when that happens, that flat-as-a-board chest'll be on Jessica's level, huh~? When that happens, let me rub it, OK? Promise!!"
"Uu-! Let you rub it! Promise! Uu-!"
"N-no, Maria-chan! You can't make that kind of promise, that's bad, bad, bad!"
"Uu-? Maria promised, so let him rub it! Maria'll keep her promise! Definitely keep it, uu-!!"
"...Mariaa, you're a really earnest, good girl... The guy you marry's gonna be really lucky."
"Just a... getting back on topic here, you're not gonna be keeping that promise! Maria, that promise never happened! Never!"
"Uu-. Promise is cancelled? Uu-..."
"As I thought, without Battler-kun in our little quartet, it just didn't feel like all the cousins were here. These six years have been kinda lonely."
"...That's true. We weren't able to goof off like this. Still, we did have have some pretty constructive conversations, don'tcha think? Stuff about preparing for our future, exam-taking, or finding jobs."
"Oo~ooh, I'm sorr-rry! Now that I'm here, there's just this stupid babbling~!"
"But, Maria's having fun this year. Uu- uu-!"
"That's true. I agree, this year's the most fun."

Maria's sincere words probably spoke for everyone. When George-aniki stroked Maria's head, she giggled like a happy kitten...

"Shannon, come in! You remember Battler, don'tcha?!"

Jessica stood up from the bed and opened the door. There stood a servant girl who was definitely about our age.

"...Ah...! Jessica had me surprised, but, Shannon-chan! You too, you've gotten to be a completely beautiful woman, haven't you!"
"Y-...your words are too good for me, I'm flattered..."
"Bu~ut, food on this island must be reeeally nutritional, hmmmm? What are you eating, where are you training, to get boobs that big?~!! Let me feel them a bit and see whether yours or Jessica's are bigger, oka~ay?!"

In this kinda scene, where I get closer and closer, there's an eight-or-nine out of ten chance I'll get slapped or clobbered, right? This is a Battler-sama original technique which'll lead to a gag like that and break the ice!

...W-well, that means, with the remaining one-out-of-ten chance, being able to touch'em makes me a pretty lucky guy, eh? Ihihyahyahya, its not like I'm expecting that'll happen, rrrriii~iight?!

At that point, my hands were less than a centimeter away from Shannon-chan's boobs, but... the counterstrike was yet to come. She blushed and lowered her head in embarrassment when she realized what was going on, but with both hands well-manneredly together in front of her, she didn't try to resist violently, or cover her breasts.

...Whoawhoaaa, well this is unexpected!! C-c'mon, you gotta smack me or something, I'm seriously gonna touch'em if this goes oooonnnn?!

"Guaaaah, ooooowww, thank you Jessicaaaaaaa~!!"
"W-w-why the hell are you thanking me?! ???"
"No, no, my bad, Shannon-chan. Looks like I got a little too absorbed in your hypnotic chest... So now we can see that if I get too close I degenerate into a big pervert after all. Seriously, you've got to resist!"
"...P-perhaps, but... you are... an important guest, Battler-sama..."
"Now look here, a pervert's a pervert whether he's a guest or not! Ten centimeters around a girl's chest is like an Air Defense Identification Range. If someone trespasses within two centimeters, that's already an invasion of airspace and you can immediately give me a slap, like a high-alert takeoff!"
"...I-I couldn't do such a thing...! We are... that is, furniture and..."

Of course she didn't want her breasts touched, but... if a guest so desired, she intended to sacrifice her own needs in response anyway. A girl like this needs some urgent protection...!

"...I-in these days, to think that there's a dedicated and virtuous girl like this... Getting... giddy again!... But, no! NooOoo!! I'm coming at her with a perverted face again! Someone trip me!! No~oo, pervert! Without your word, I can't settle down! Please, I beg you, smack me! Like this, smack! Hit meeee~!!"
"I...I cannot obey your request. Because I'm furniture. But... if it's an order, I'll obey you. Because that is my duty."
"Ahaha, then I'll make it an order. The next time Battler-kun tries to touch your breasts, counterattack with a slap. Alright?"
"...Y-yes. I'll do as you wish. From now on, please allow me to do so. Battler-sama, please accept this..."

Shannon-chan announced this while bowing elegantly to me. Her facial expression was radiant. I gave her a thumbs-up to signal that it was OK with me.

"Six years ago, you might've been mistaken for a servant's daughter who lent a hand at your parent's work, but now you're a full-fledged adult servant. How many years has it been?"
"Yes, I've had the pleasure of serving this household for ten years."

Maybe it's like a servant's 'professional name' or something. If so, I can kind of understand why that Kanon-kun's name sounds the way it does. She's a long-term servant who's served here since she was six years old. Since her body had changed radically, she didn't match my memories, but I got acquainted with her six years ago.

It looked like she was just as shy she had been in the past, but I got the feeling that the charm befitting a girl her age came naturally to her. Especially her breasts, her breasts.

"That kid we met earlier, Kanon-kun, is her little brother."
"...He's not exactly my little brother... Still, he loves me like a big sister. He didn't cause you any trouble, did he?"
"Haha! He's the same as always. It's such a shame that he doesn't act just a bit more sociable."
"...It seems Kanon-kun has caused trouble,...I apologize..."
"He didn't cause any trouble at all! As a fellow man, I understand how moody you can get at that age. It's no surprise that he's unsociable!"
"Uu-! Maria gets called that all the time too! Gets called unsociable! Like Kanon! Uu-!"
"*giggle* Maria-sama is not unsociable at all."
"Uu-? It was nice to be like him... Uu-."
"Umm, you said the meal was ready, right?"
"Ah, Yes! I'm sorry! ...The preparations for your meal have been carried out, so I shall be accompanying everyone to the mansion."

Shannon bowed again formally and returned to her "duty mode". We realized that if we made her stick around for any more light conversation, it would actually make it harder for her to do her job. We got up off our butts to avoid interfering with her work any further.

"Then, shall we go to the mansion? Everyone's probably hungry, right?"
"Yeah. I'm really looking forward to Gohda-san's food. That guy, seems he was a chef at this famous hotel, so he's super good at cooking!"
"Ooooh! I'm looking forward to it!! Let's go Maria! We're gonna stuff ourselves like pigs!!"
"Uu-! Stuff ourselves like pigs!"
"No, no! You just can't take everything Battler-kun says seriously, OK? Because it's all jokes. Alright, let's go."

Under Shannon-chan's guidance we headed towards the mansion. Met once again by the magnificent rose garden, we continued onward as it came into view... the intimidating mansion of the Ushiromiya Head Family.

"...Battler-sama, we have not met in a long while."

As our eyes met, he saluted us with a composed voice. He didn't give quite as refined a bow as Gohda's, but even so, and even though it felt rustic, it was a bow that had feeling.

"Genji-san, it really has been a while! You look well."
"Thank you, I have been quite well...Battler-sama, you have become a splendid young man. You have grown to resemble the Master in his youth."
"I'm looking like Grandfather? I guess that means that Grandfather was pretty popular when he was young, Ihihi!"
"...From here on, I shall take Shannon's place and accompany you. Please, come this way."

Shannon-chan bowed deeply and saw us off. Leaving the entrance hall, we headed to the dining room under Genji-san's guidance.

Genji-san, just like Kumasawa-san, stood in stark contrast to us young people who had grown beyond recognition over the last six years. His figure was exactly the same as in my memories of six years ago. It seemed like time had stopped since the last we met.

Genji-san was a silent and diligent person. He was like Grandfather's close aide or caregiver... in fact, you could even go so far as to say he was Grandfather's right-hand man. Actually, it seems that he was by Grandfather's side more than my late Grandmother was. According to Jessica, Grandfather trusted him more than any of his blood relatives.

But I wonder how long he's served. I've never heard the details, but I'm pretty sure he's been here since the beginning, when this mansion was constructed... That is to say, he had dedicated half of his life to serving here. In other words, he's both trustworthy and faithful.

As we cut through the open-ceilinged hall behind Genji-san, I found something I had no memory of from six years ago.

BGM: Sukashiyuri

It was an awfully big portrait hung right in front of the stairs that rose to the second floor. Without thinking, I stopped walking, under its spell...

Since I'd suddenly stopped, Maria, who was following behind me, ran into my back.

"Uu-?"
"...Aah, sorry. Hey, Jessica. Did that picture used to be there?"

I pointed at the big portrait that caught the eye, hanging in the hall. Everyone else stopped too.

"...Aah, Right. When you last came here, that hadn't been hung yet, had it? When was it again..."
"I think, If my memory doesn't fail me, I think it was around the year before last."
"...You are correct. In April of the year before last, as it had been arranged, the Master ordered an artist to paint it and it was put on display over there."
"Grandfather did that? So, he went out of his way to have it drawn..."

The portrait was appropriate for this western style mansion, and that woman wearing an elegant dress gave off a sense of refinement. I couldn't have guessed her age, but judging by her obvious strength of will and the sharpness in her eyes, she radiated youth. It was a different feeling than the composed mood of middle-aged women that are often in famous pictures.

If this woman had normal black hair, I might have thought it was a portrait of my long-deceased Grandmother in her prime. However, the woman in the portrait had beautiful blonde hair and didn't look Japanese at all.

"So... Who is she then, this woman?"

To that naive question, Maria, as though trying to prove that she knew it herself, answered me with authority.

"...Beatrice. She's the witch. Didn't you ever hear about her, long ago?"
"The witch... you mean, of this island?"

The vast and empty forest had no lamplight, phones or people passing through at all. To understand how dangerous it is, you needed to throw off all your street smarts from the city.

Anyway, if by any chance you fell down a hole in the depths of the forest and sprained your ankle, you could cry or scream, but no one would come save you. If it got dark, the forest, where there were no streetlights, was wrapped up in complete darkness. Also, since it didn't have any guideposts, it would be easy to get confused and lost, losing your sense of direction inside the dark forest. Nowadays, most people see a forest as a peaceful place, but to the people of the bygone eras, before the light of civilization drove out the night, forests were as geographically separated from civilization as the ocean. Like an ocean above the ground.

Just like how fishermen who go out into the ocean are threatened despite their technical knowledge... Hunters who go out to the forest have technical knowledge as well, yet are also in danger. If children go play in that dangerous forest, something terrible might happen. Someone's parents must have thought so. .Maybe my Grandmother, or possibly anybody else other than Grandfather might have said that. Or maybe it's been handed down in this island from long, long ago.

There's a terrible witch in the forest, so you must not go in. Thus, Rokkenjima's ghost story was born. That is the legend of the witch of Rokkenjima. That's why, if we say 'witch' in this island, we're referring to the master of the vast and savage forest.

Which reminds me, when I was little and stayed at this mansion, in the eerie nights where the wind and rain struck the windows, I got terrified by a story that the witch of the forest was roaming around searching for a sacrifice...

...When Aniki told me and I searched my memory, I was sure I remembered hearing a name like that when I was little.

"...Right. Still, I completely forgot that the witch of that legend had an elegant name like Beatrice. Since us grandchildren didn't believe Grandfather, he went out of his way to have her depicted in this painting?"
"...It's the witch from Grandfather's delusions. Ever since he had this picture hanged, he's been blurring the line between reality and illusion. To us, it's no more than the witch from his imagination, but... to Grandfather, she's a being that 'exists' on this island. That's why he says he had that picture painted. So that we'd understand. And I'm sorry, but she just doesn't exist."
"...Milady. To the Master, this is an important portrait. I beg of you, do not say such a thing in front of him."
"...I get it. You don't need to beg."

Jessica turned away, after glaring a second at the portrait.

"...Let's go. We're making everyone wait in the dining room."
"Uu-! Hungry!"

...Only a small portion of this island was controlled by the Ushiromiya family. All of the wild remainder... was the witch Beatrice's domain.

One could say that she was the being who actually ruled over Rokkenjima. That slightly unsettling feeling of misfortune that I had felt when I learned the Tutelary God's shrine had been struck by lightning on the boat trip revived within me a bit. At that time, Kumasawa-san had tried to tell an ominous story about Rokkenjima and had been stopped by Jessica.

...I didn't know what she had tried to tell us about this island.

"Battler! Uu-, slo-ow!"

When I looked around, everyone was already heading towards the dining room. I hurriedly chased after them...

We walked up to the huge double doors that led to the dining room. Genji-san knocked.

"...I have brought the children. If you will excuse me..."

The door was opened and we were invited inside.

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 31, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's a good, family-appropriate thing that Battler knows how to use his OH DESIRE to break the ice

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Dire Wombat posted:

This. I don't know that the dialog box really improves the game at all.

There's a lot more than the dialog box. It's got an updated translation, more character sprites (Kanon will no longer spend the entire game with his arm up in the air), and better visual effects. You just can't see that from the one example Prof gave us. Plus we're going to get the dialog box in Chiru anyway so we might as well get the switch over with (and by over with I mean starting in ep 2, no need to redo work).

There's also a good chance they'll finish Chiru by the time the LP gets there.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 19, 2016

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

whitehelm posted:

Plus we're going to get the dialog box in Chiru anyway

I haven't looked into patching Chiru yet, does the basic Umitweak stuff add the dialog box for that one? If not, I'm not sure where this assumption is coming from.

Regarding the updated translation, for the LP that's not really significant unless I can find a full text dump of the updated script. Or if it's easy to just extract the script text from the patch, I haven't really tried.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Aw man, Umineko. I played through it a while ago but had trouble putting the pieces together on my own, so I'm looking forward to discussing it with people (without spoilers, of course). Good luck, Prof :toot:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

ProfessorProf posted:

I haven't looked into patching Chiru yet, does the basic Umitweak stuff add the dialog box for that one? If not, I'm not sure where this assumption is coming from.

Regarding the updated translation, for the LP that's not really significant unless I can find a full text dump of the updated script. Or if it's easy to just extract the script text from the patch, I haven't really tried.

It adds the textbox, yeah. Though I haven't checked back and updated for a couple years, so they might have a version that doesn't have it by now.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Huh. Something to look into, I guess, while we're still in EP1.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Shiny777 posted:

It adds the textbox, yeah. Though I haven't checked back and updated for a couple years, so they might have a version that doesn't have it by now.

There hasn't been an update to Chiru since the one release.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, so basically this meeting has been going on for several years but Battler hasn't been around to get dragged to it?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Glazius posted:

Oh, so basically this meeting has been going on for several years but Battler hasn't been around to get dragged to it?

I think this has been a yearly thing for a long time, but battler skipped the last 6 years because he was living with the other side of his family until they died.

Then he came back and decided to hit on anything that moves,except that he apparently expects to get slapped and complains when he isn't.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
e: Never mind!

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 20, 2016

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

BGM: Novelette

"You're late, brats. Hurry up and take a seat."

The old bastard pressed us to sit. Only the places where we would sit were empty at the long table, which only made us feel our tardiness all the more. The seat at the head of the table, called the Incipient's Chair, was for the most highly ranked, reserved for Grandfather. It was still empty. He was probably planning to come in last to ham it up.

The seating order, looking at the Incipient's Chair at the head of the table, went from left to right with the lower ranking seats progressing in rows of two further away from it.

So, on the left-hand side of the first row, closest to the Incipient's Chair, was where uncle Krauss, ranked at number two, should have sat. It looked like he hadn't arrived yet, so that seat was empty.

Going like this, you might think that the next ones to come would be their husbands and wives, but... It's weird, but the next left-hand seat in the third row, meaning number six, was Jessica's seat. Opposite her was George-aniki. Then, next to Jessica, was me, And opposite me was Maria. Then, finally, next to me on the left-hand side of the fifth row was number ten, aunt Natsuhi.

Opposite her was uncle Hideyoshi. Next to aunt Natsuhi, in the sixth row and in the final seat on the left-hand side, was Kyrie-san. The seat opposite to Kyrie-san was empty even though everything had been set out. According to this ranking system, that spot was the seat where aunt Rosa's husband should be sitting. Even though he wasn't supposed to be coming, his place was made up.

These kind of ranking orders usually recognize the status of the spouse, but the Ushiromiya family had an original kind of ranking. Maybe it's a leftover of male chauvinism. If the system is predicated on the idea that a woman's womb is just a borrowed thing, then the children of direct descent would have a much higher ranking, and the grandchildren would come next. Meaning that the spouses, with no blood ties, are considered the last in line. It's terrible, but according to that ranking order, Grandmother, when she was alive, would have been in a position even lower than mine.

In their youth they obey their father; after they get married, their husband; after aging, their children. There's the old saying, 'Women, whether in their past, present, or future, have no home'. Long ago, when I was still incapable of figuring all this out, I'd thought it was so great that we could all chat, with the adult siblings in their group and us cousins in ours. However, now that I can reexamine the seating order after growing up a bit, it stirs up some very complicated feelings in me...

Aunt Natsuhi, married to the eldest son of the family and number two in managing the house, sat to my right, which meant that she was two steps lower than me in the ranking order. It was difficult to guess what was going inside her head. That's why I made a small apologetic gesture before sitting down.

"Boys will be boys, no? How tall are you?"
"I guess about 180 cm? Ah, please, whenever you feel like it, feel free to say 'Stop stuffing yourself!'"
"Huh? ...Aah, *giggle*, I'm sorry."

Natsuhi, after a moment, gave a small laugh, but it seemed she couldn't quite figure out what she was supposed to be laughing at.

She never got into our kids' circle, and she always looked difficult to get along with. And it didn't help that she gave the impression that she was at odds with the other parents. The fact is that having barely ever exchanged words, I hesitated a lot about how to approach her, and I ended up empty-handed.

The silverware had been tidily set up on the table, but the meal itself hadn't been brought in. In essence, until the man at the head of the table had taken his seat, the meal wouldn't start. So, as long as Grandfather, the highest ranked, didn't come, lunch would be indefinitely on hold. Not even the appetizers would come. So, while our parents withstood their hunger, the silence of the dining room would still wait for Grandfather to come.

It's just that the Grandfather I remembered, when we ate together like this, always showed up at the right time. He was supposed to be the kind of person that would never be so late that he'd keep everyone waiting, even though they were all present.

"Grandfather's pretty late. As far as I can remember, he was always strict about staying on time.
"Well, that might've been true six years ago, but it hasn't been that way lately. Seriously, he's off in his own little world so often that he doesn't even show up at family meals. I figured that he'd at least stick around for today's meal... Still, I feel more relaxed and happier without him."
"...Jessica!"

After being scolded by her mother, Jessica faced the other way, sticking her tongue out. No way around it. Nothing to do but wait for the host to arrive. When I glanced at the clock, I saw that it was almost 12:20...

:siren:Video: Master of the House:siren:

If the last video made you question listening to this game's voice cast, at least give this one a try first.

Kinzo: Mugihito
Genji: Masato Funaki
Krauss: Jurota Kosugi
Nanjo: Akihiko Ishizumi

The clock showed noon, but he didn't even attempt to get up. Putting his spectacles on, he piled up one by one beside him old-fashioned books with elaborately designed bindings, and immersed himself in their reading. It definitely didn't look like it was for his leisure; on the contrary, he exuded impatience, crisis, as though every minute, every second were precious.

The inside of the sealed room, where dense dust danced, stagnated, steeped in the suspicious stench of smelly medicine. Somehow, sweet, heavy. For anyone with an good nose, the first thing they'd do after entering would be to open a window and ventilate the room.

The knocking against the study door had been going on for a while. A voice calling 'Father' sometimes mingled with the knocks. As Kinzo heaved a deep sigh, he snapped the old book he had in his hands shut and slammed it on the table. Then, he yelled at Krauss who was still knocking on the door.

"...Father. Isn't today the annual family conference? Everyone's gathered down there. Please come out."

Krauss called out to his father through the door. Kinzo always shut himself up in the study and hated it when even his family entered the room. For that reason, Krauss had no choice but to call out thus from the corridor...

...Before the door, Krauss, Nanjo and Genji kept waiting for the master of the house, who would not come out.

He himself hadn't really believed his father would answer his calls. However, as it was the duty of the eldest son, he had formally made the request.

"Shut up, be silent!!! Do you admonish me, Nanjo?!! I do not call for you lot, I said to call for Genji!! Now call for him immediately! Time is short, the apostles are already readying their trumpets! Why do you not understand, you foolish sheep!!"

Kinzo slammed the old, heavy book on the table over and over. The racket obviously indicated his highest displeasure. He put his spectacles down and flew up from his chair. He spread his arms wide open, as if to sing to a packed opera house, as if appealing to someone, and yelled.

"Why?! Why is there always something in my way?! I would throw it all away, I would offer up everything, and there is only one thing I ask in repayment!!

"...I have no idea what he's yelling. I guess he's finally gone nuts."
"Krauss-san... Isn't that a bit harsh, to your birth father..."
"My father is already dead. All that's here is a phantom of what Father once was. At any rate, as long as he has no intention of coming out, there's nothing we can do."
"...Kinzo-san."

Choking coughs continued to pour from the study...

"I'm going back downstairs. It would be a waste to let that lunch Gohda's so proud of get any colder. It's one of the few things we can look forward to... in this family. Hmph."

Krauss spun on his heels. He looked at his wristwatch, mumbling and acting as though he had wasted time doing something he knew would be in vain.

"Genji-san. Father is calling for you. Keep him company."
"...Certainly."
"Doctor Nanjo. Let's go eat. If we stay here any longer, even our sense of taste will go insane from this sweet smell."

Without waiting for Nanjo, Krauss went downstairs.

Genji urged Nanjo to go and eat. Nanjo looked first to Krauss's back as he disappeared down the stairs, then to the study door, and he let out a deep sigh.

"...Sorry, Genji-san. Please."
"Yes, Please leave it to me."
"If possible, don't give him alcohol. It's too powerful a habit."
"Is Genji not here yet?!!! Who dares keep Genji from coming?!! Aah, Genji, where are you, call for Genji!!!"
"Now, please leave it to me."
"...*nods* Sorry."

Nanjo gave a small duck of his head and descended the stairs... Genji saw him off, and knocked at the study door.

"...Master. It is Genji."

"Yes. I am alone."

Kinzo returned to his seat in the study and pressed an old-style switch on the table. After a small delay, the heavy sound of the door unlocking could be heard.

Kinzo believed that his family might try to break in his study. Perhaps someone once opened the window for some air and scattered important documents and other stuff? Is that what made him so nasty? Now, Kinzo had placed a secure lock in his own room, making it so that without his permission nobody could enter, and locking himself in the dungeon he'd created.

Genji, who he trusted the most, was relatively free to enter the room, but that was also not absolute. If Kinzo was in a bad mood, even he wouldn't be able to enter. Anyone else would be limited to holding a conversation through the door, not even seeing his face. And most of the time, they wouldn't even get a real conversation.

However, that didn't become a big problem for the family, because going to the trouble of speaking to the aged Head, who was impossible to please, completely immersed in his odd research, and always locked up in his hideaway, just wasn't worth the effort. They were happy that he didn't come out of his study and, putting him in the hands of the servants, they themselves also tried to avoid him.

"Genji, my usual. I'm busy."
"...Yes."

Genji headed to a corner of the study. There, a suspicious-looking bottle boasting a venomous color was displayed. It was actually liquor, but, considering that it was placed in this suspicious-looking room, one begins to doubt whether it isn't actually some kind of ghastly poison.

Inside the study, the mysterious collection of books that Kinzo had gathered had grown into a mountain. They were bizarre ancient or banned books, all of them either forbidden, cursed, or sealed.

There were many mysterious objects, like a candle suspiciously melted and molded into a strange shape, which probably had something to do with black magic. The constellations drawn on a certain celestial globe contained quite a few dots that a person who knows the night sky well would tilt their head at. The illustrations inscribed in old, casually opened books were all full of religious, or possibly demonic, grotesque arcana, as well as the weird shapes of various magical circles.

And above all, the sweet, poisonous smell that filled the room profoundly assaulted those who entered for the first time in their sense of sight and smell, then all their senses, making them lose their grip on reality... Inside that study, Genji, with his well trained hand, prepared Kinzo's usual drink. If you didn't know that the ominous dark green liquid that filled the complexly designed bottle was liquor, you really wouldn't want to put it in your mouth. He poured a small quantity of the spirits into the glass. After placing a cube of sugar in a strangely shaped spoon, he then poured water from a pitcher over it. Strangely, when the transparent water was poured, the dark green liquid turned a cloudy white.

It was a strange optical illusion, as though the water had caused a chemical reaction and made the drink become even more unrecognizable as liquor. It improved the original flavor Kinzo liked and adjusted the taste. There was no recipe. Its success was measured only by Kinzo's mood swing when he drank it, and he had learned how to make it only after many decades.

Genji placed the glass in the tray, and faced Kinzo. Kinzo was now gazing out the window.

"...Here, Master."
"Thank you..."

Kinzo, now unrecognizable as the man who was shouting, screaming and yelling just before, regained his composure. In that man's back dwelt a dignity and intelligence made plain simply by how he tilted his glass and gazed down at the scenery beyond the window. Genji, in order to allow Kinzo to set down his glass any time, motionlessly waited behind and to Kinzo's left, as though he were a living sideboard.

Thereupon, while Kinzo looked out the window, he stuck out only the glass. There was just a mouthful remaining. It was not a gesture intended to set it upon the tray, as Genji expected, but was an motion to hand the glass over to Genji.

"...Drink it. My friend."
"...That is more than I deserve."
"No need for ceremony between us. Drink it. My friend."
"...Thank you."

Genji respectfully received the glass and inclined it a little to taste its contents. After that, he agitated it.

"I attempted to imitate your concoction, but no matter how I try I cannot replicate the taste... The way you make it is pure relish."
"...Thank you very much. It is the fruit of your guidance, Master."
"Hmph..."

Kinzo smiled at his loyal subject who refused to put aside rank even when asked to. However, he was not making fun of him; it was relaxed, like a smile at a close friend's unriddable bad habit.

"...Until now, you have served me exceedingly well. My sons call me eccentric. The servants that were once many, all of them, retired in their growing fear of me. Only you, even now, serve me."
"...That is more than I deserve."
"...I do not have much time left to live. My sons are vultures, lazily waiting for my inheritance to fall into their hands."
"..."
"That fool Krauss squanders money like water, throws away two gold coins to obtain one. With that, he deludes himself in saying he earned money!! Eva is a slave to money, thinking of me as a hen or whatnot!! As if when I die, she'll even use my carcass to make broth!!"

Why, why is the Ushiromiya blood so incompetent!?!? Is there anyone worthy to inherit the glory I built?! Aah, of course, I know, this is also Beatrice's curse, I know it!! ...Aah, Golden Witch, is this the revenge you planned for me?"

After howling, Kinzo choked once again. Genji set the tray and the glass down and patted his master's back... his facial expression did not change.

...It was always like this.

"...*cough*... Hmhm. Thank you, my friend."
"..."

The outburst, like his previous agitation, had calmed, and Kinzo regained his composure again. His change of stance was like seeing two different people, a wild Kinzo and a composed Kinzo, living together inside one body.
"Therefore... I have decided. I cannot stand spending my dimmed, remaining years procrastinating thus. In this body, if I have a coin to bet in the end, it seems I'll entrust it to the roulette of the demons. The power of magic is always settled with a gamble. Like visiting a shrine at the Hour of the Ox in ancient Japanese sorcery, to nail a curse doll to a tree. The magic power dwells in incurring the risk that it will be seen within the seven days the curse takes. The more dangerous the risk created, the stronger the magic power created will be."

"That is because Moses, instead of betting on incalculable odds in the Roulette of those with power, managed to spectacularly draw to himself the single miracle carved within the eyes of many. That power that can triumph over astronomical odds!! Yes, magical power is that fortune through which miracles are grasped!! To obtain this mighty magic power, one must face the risk of despair!! Those who possess no magical power call that desperation rather than a bet!"

Kinzo looked up to the sky outside the window. He spread his arms as if appealing to someone up in the skies.

...His nonsensical yells segued into a scream...and then into a wail. Kinzo folded over onto the bed, and tore it with both hands. Genji had no choice but to wordlessly watch over his master's lament...

"Certainly. I shall begin today's luncheon."
"...Doctor Nanjo, is Father's condition that bad? It would have been nice if he at least showed his face, right?"
"Rather than his physical condition, it's his mood... And for that, there is no medicine I can prescribe."
"Hey hey, 'mood', you say? Not that again. We come to see how he's doing, making time in our schedules in this drat busy season of autumn. And now that-"
"Hmph, don't complain, Rudolf. I managed to see how he's doing. Do you want to take my place, and try to persuade our ill-humored Father to come join us?"
"...Are you kidding?"

Rudolf shrugged. Apparently, even though Rudolf seemed to resent the way his father did whatever he pleased... he'd rather avoid seeing his father's face if he could help it.

"Does it seem like his mood will improve before dinner? Krauss nii-san?"
"I have no idea. You can try and ask Father directly. Although, I think his mood will improve faster if we don't bother him."
"The only one who can get Grandfather better is Genji-san. It sucks though, making the servants deal with your own parent's bad mood."
"Jessica. Don't speak out of turn."

She'd planned for her complaint to be heard only by her cousins, but it had reached even Krauss's ears. Scolded, Jessica scowled and turned away, sulking.

"...His disease can't be that bad, can it, with that kinda temper? I mean, if he's not healthy, and his mood is bad, at least it's proof he's still hanging on."
"It's because Grandfather has especially strong willpower. But, it doesn't mean that his body will always follow that. Since last year, they keep saying that he has three months left. If the initial diagnosis was correct, Grandfather has been prolonging his life by willpower alone. It should be a cause for concern."

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 31, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The best part about Kinzo is that there are somehow characters even better than him.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH BEATORIIIICHEEE

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Great. We've gone from one kind of insufferable to another.

I won't say that the delivery is bad, because I feel it fits really well with the guy. The problem is, to me anyway, that Kinzo comes off as extremely pathetic right here, and his attempts at being a powerful entity fail because of his blubbering and whining.

But that's just how I feel right now. I can't stand drama queens.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kinzo is supposed to sound pathetic here.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

bman in 2288 posted:

Great. We've gone from one kind of insufferable to another.

I won't say that the delivery is bad, because I feel it fits really well with the guy. The problem is, to me anyway, that Kinzo comes off as extremely pathetic right here, and his attempts at being a powerful entity fail because of his blubbering and whining.

But that's just how I feel right now. I can't stand drama queens.

He's on the verge of death, his children can't stand him, and everything he worked for is going to be lost. Remember that the Japanese economy is going to sputter out a few years after 1986. It's only natural that he'd be diminished, a shadow of the man who built the house on Rokkenjima.

Even Genji doesn't seem to pay attention to his mad rant, but it's worth taking a second look. Kinzo's Beatrice sounds pretty different from Battler's.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the ushiromiya family's crazy wizard westaboo grandpa is one of the best characters and his voice acting is so goddamn good

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

bman in 2288 posted:

The problem is, to me anyway, that Kinzo comes off as extremely pathetic right here, and his attempts at being a powerful entity fail because of his blubbering and whining.

Sounds like you grasped the character of the delusional grandpa pretty well.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, I mean, the "I can't stand drama queens" comment implies that this sort of character is one you can't tolerate much of, which is fine, but it's certainly coming off as intended. He's a ham, sure, but he's a ham slowly losing his mind and rapidly losing his health. (Or is that rapidly losing his mind and slowly losing his health?)

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Personally, my favorite part of this scene is Kinzo's "They're not DOLLS they're ACTION FIGURES" attitude re: his grimoire collection.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
"GENJIIIII" "yes kinzo-sama" "THAT IS A LIMITED EDITION 1732 EDITION OF THE TOME OF NINE HELLS BOUND IN THE FLESH OF MOLOCH CONTAINING 666,666 INCANTATIONS OF AMON, ASMODEUS, AND ASTAROTH! AMONG OTHERS!!" "and, kinzo-sama" "IT IS NOT A BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHAAAAUUUUGH BEATORIIIIIICHEEEEEE BROUGHT THAT UNHOLY TOME UPON ME, SIMPLY ONE OF-" "yes, kinzo-sama"

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

ProfessorProf posted:

Personally, my favorite part of this scene is Kinzo's "They're not DOLLS they're ACTION FIGURES" attitude re: his grimoire collection.

Krauss must be thankful Kinzo keeps his collection of tacky occult memorabilia in his office, and not in, like, a glass cabinet in the dining room. Just imagine trying to eat while he rambles about his latest find at a flea market.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I mean, I understand that this dude is at the end of his rope, but I'm not feeling much sympathy towards him. Dude is just concerned about himself and that witch they keep going on about, not his family (though they clearly have their faults). Never had to deal with someone who's losing their mind, I'm further at a loss.

When does playing the game actually start? This ride has been completely on rails since we started, and the only tolerable characters so far are George and Jessica for me.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dire Wombat posted:

Just imagine trying to eat while he rambles about his latest find at a flea market.

I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
SACRIFICE SHEEP TO GOD

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

bman in 2288 posted:

When does playing the game actually start? This ride has been completely on rails since we started, and the only tolerable characters so far are George and Jessica for me.

It's sad if you can't enjoy Mackerel Grandma IMO

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I followed the last thread and that is as far as I got. Hopefully this one lasts.

But yeah I think Kinzo is suppose to sound pathetic. He is clearly insane.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

I mean, I understand that this dude is at the end of his rope, but I'm not feeling much sympathy towards him. Dude is just concerned about himself and that witch they keep going on about, not his family (though they clearly have their faults). Never had to deal with someone who's losing their mind, I'm further at a loss.

It's a novel, there's (almost) no gameplay. When Umineko refers to itself in game-like language, it's in the sense of the reader unravelling its mystery.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Wrong portrait here I think:

"Therefore... I have decided. I cannot stand spending my dimmed, remaining years procrastinating thus. In this body, if I have a coin to bet in the end, it seems I'll entrust it to the roulette of the demons. The power of magic is always settled with a gamble. Like visiting a shrine at the Hour of the Ox in ancient Japanese sorcery, to nail a curse doll to a tree. The magic power dwells in incurring the risk that it will be seen within the seven days the curse takes. The more dangerous the risk created, the stronger the magic power created will be."

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Fixed.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

To get into technicalities, Umineko (and Higurashi for that matter) is not actually a Visual Novel - it's a related type of work called a Kinetic Novel. Visual Novels have choices that let you as a player influence what is happening to some extent or another, whereas Kinetic Novels are literally a book in visual form, and thus there are no choices (well okay, there's exactly one choice in Umineko, at the very end of the last episode). Umineko specifically is a mystery novel, where the challenge is figuring out what's going on, or just how something happened, before the characters do.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

alcharagia posted:

It's sad if you can't enjoy Mackerel Grandma IMO

Ah, poo poo. I forgot her. Her, I also like. So far, anyways.

Lord Koth posted:

To get into technicalities, Umineko (and Higurashi for that matter) is not actually a Visual Novel - it's a related type of work called a Kinetic Novel. Visual Novels have choices that let you as a player influence what is happening to some extent or another, whereas Kinetic Novels are literally a book in visual form, and thus there are no choices (well okay, there's exactly one choice in Umineko, at the very end of the last episode). Umineko specifically is a mystery novel, where the challenge is figuring out what's going on, or just how something happened, before the characters do.

Oh. Ohhhhhh. That explains a lot, thank you for clarifying. Adjusting my expectations appropriately.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I have no experience whatsoever with this genre or this creator, and after the first page I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go through with this, but then I hit

ProfessorProf posted:

and realized that I'm going have to ride this wave as far as it goes. Godspeed, Prof.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Five posts to the end of the page, which already has two updates on it... time to do a little commentary, I guess.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
While it lays a lot of important groundwork for the amazing parts to follow, Episode 1 is definitely the weakest part of Umineko - which is a shame, because it's the part you see first. As I'm sure you've noticed, it suffers from a far-too-slow opening before the fun starts.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
It also has the least awesome music, and also the most frustrating soundtrack to work with while writing the LP, mainly due to the deluge of subdued violin tracks. What am I listening to? Rose? Steady Pace? Novelette? Time to listen to half the soundtrack to figure it out so I can link it.

The music quality picks up significantly when - spoilers! - people start dying.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
If you're at all confused about the structure of the cast so far, here's an Ushiromiya family tree breakdown I made a while back:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
One more? One more post oughta do it.

• Locked thread