Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So what my gut feeling is telling me, is that Beatrice, while our main opponent, is not our true enemy here. The scenario is set up so that Beatrice is going to lose, no matter how incompetent Battler is, with the other two girls at the helm. And considering the ground rules as stated in the OP, it looks like the only choice we may have is to either protect Beato... or not? Everything I've seen so far about the meta-game, with the newest revelation that the two girls are not betting on Beatrice winning, leads me to wonder if Battler will get to decide to be the one who supports Beato or not. Despite being her opponent. What I'm trying to say is that the story seems to be heading towards a point where we'll have to make a choice, and Beatrice will be the pivot of that choice.

I'm really just making an estimated guess, so the spoiler tags are removed. I'm most likely wrong, anyway, all things considered.

I'm going to head back to Ep.2 and see if I can figure out the key problem, with the chapel. I'm pretty sure that I can alter my (only) hypothesis to account for the new information given to us.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

bman in 2288 posted:

If this doesn't need to be spoiler-tagged, I'll get rid of it.

If it's a spoiler, don't post it in the first place

If it's speculation, it's probably not as correct as you might think it is anyway

There's basically no reason to spoiler tag anything in this thread

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking back at Episode one. Is it possible that Hideyoshi and Eva thought the situation was fake like she and Rosa did at the start of episode 3. Eva and Hideyoshi are very calm during the first episode and Eva says this.

quote:

"The culprit... no, culprits in the plural, would have more than enough weapons in their arsenal if that were the case. You see it, don't you? They had to assault the four in the dining hall and kill them, drag a total of six bodies all the way to the storehouse beyond the rose garden, and scribble that disgusting makeup on their faces. There's no way that a single culprit could carry all of this out on their own, right?"
It was impossible. It might not have been if a single person had enough time, but that would have taken ages.

The main thing I am thinking of is the makeup comment. Which does not make a ton of sense.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

OK phew, I was worried that no one would want to read my giant 4-episode review. Thanks for humoring me! I got a lot of benefit from reading your posts, and you've convinced me that Kanon is suspicious as well. I agree that bribery would be totally easy for the culprit(s), since now we know for a fact that they had access to the family fortune (see Ange's conversations with the younger Nanjo and Kumasawa).

resurgam40 posted:

Shannon's body was blocked by a bunch of things and was only seen by Kanon and Hideyoshi... was there something about the body they wanted to hide?

Was there a body at all?

I was kind of thinking that Shannon was lying there with a painted-on wound, but I suppose it's just as likely that there was no body there at all. She could have been off somewhere enacting another facet of the grand murder plan while everyone else was distracted. Or uh... there's that weird theory that I'm embarrassed to even mention again.

ANYWAY,

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

ProfessorProf posted:

Red and Blue clash:

I don't suppose you have the "small bombs" part of this? I would enjoy seeing how the manga represented her reaction to it.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

idonotlikepeas posted:

I don't suppose you have the "small bombs" part of this? I would enjoy seeing how the manga represented her reaction to it.

The expression is kinda half-assed, but I like the goofy diagram.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Holy poo poo, it's a cake bomb. Oh my god.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Having a relationship or desiring one is probably not a good reason to write Kanon off as Jessica's murderer. Likewise for other romantic pairs or parent child pairs. So we may have in fact been writing off the most likely culprits for some specific deaths.

Is Kanon's name written with the same kanji as the deity by the by?

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
Nope. It's 嘉音.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

idonotlikepeas posted:

Holy poo poo, it's a cake bomb. Oh my god.

Not quiiiiite what I was imagining.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man the manga art swings so wildly between great and terrible

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Did anyone actually find Kinzo's body in episode 2? Aside from that silly poo poo a the end with him being set on fire and all I don't think there was anyone who saw/found him, man Episode 2 is kinda bad.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 14, 2017

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Just caught up on this thread, glad to see that BatoxBeato is still the strongest ship

Two things from the opening
1)Lambadelta and Bern feature more than the others, and in a more antagonistic fashion. Considering what they said at the end of this part, could Battler and Bea form a united front against them?
2) The logo looks different, it doesn't look like Beato's silhouette in it anymore.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

mcclay posted:

Just caught up on this thread, glad to see that BatoxBeato is still the strongest ship

2) The logo looks different, it doesn't look like Beato's silhouette in it anymore.

Agreed and agreed. The silhouette looks like Battler, to me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I will never stop loving S M A L L B O M B S

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Small Bombs will never not be funny.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Fabulousvillain posted:

Did anyone actually find Kinzo's body in episode 2? Aside from that silly poo poo a the end with him being set on fire and all I don't think there was anyone who saw/found him, man Episode 2 is kinda bad.

gently caress it I'm gonna put forth the thought I had before I forget it. Kinzo killed the six people in the church. He killed them with Small BombsTM in their food, and in the room with them at the time. How? Well he was breakfast, they ate him, the Small BombsTM exploded and killed them. :unsmigghh:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The perfect starter before an Ange-burger.

Rodyle posted:

Man the manga art swings so wildly between great and terrible

Cakebomb is beautiful in its own way.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

Don't know how I missed the trailer for next episode, but??? Bernkastel?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tender Child Loins posted:

:allears:

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug

You aren't yet off of this wild ride. Not by a good bit.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

That doesn't look like Bern. New character?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The upholstery on that chair needs to be really redone.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

The hair and child-like face looks like Bern, but the clothes are different. It's either Bern's human form (like Rika in Higurashi) or... Sayo? Nah.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Oh, piss, it's another anthropomorphized weapon, isn't it? Yet another indulgence of Ryukishi07's weird fetishes... We got the stakes as busty schoolgirls, we got the rifles as friggin' bunny girls- what, does Kinzo have a treasured sword that he polishes whilst moaning about Beatrice? "Ohh, Zwiehander-chan, only you understand me... You'd never call my grimoires "books", would you, pet?"

That or yet another Goetia demon person... there's 72 of them, after all, plenty left to choose from.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

Oh, piss, it's another anthropomorphized weapon, isn't it? Yet another indulgence of Ryukishi07's weird fetishes... We got the stakes as busty schoolgirls, we got the rifles as friggin' bunny girls- what, does Kinzo have a treasured sword that he polishes whilst moaning about Beatrice? "Ohh, Zwiehander-chan, only you understand me... You'd never call my grimoires "books", would you, pet?"

That or yet another Goetia demon person... there's 72 of them, after all, plenty left to choose from.

Well you see

:allears:

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Oh, you're all going to have such a <good> time. This thread is somehow even better once you know what's coming...

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm getting very suspicious of all these "<good>"s.

The hair and child-like face looks like Bern, but the clothes are different. It's either Bern's human form (like Rika in Higurashi) or... Sayo? Nah.

That girl's hair's green. Surely if they were going to give Bern another human form they'd give her blue hair again?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

I'm getting very suspicious of all these "<good>"s.

That girl's hair's green. Surely if they were going to give Bern another human form they'd give her blue hair again?

It looks blue to me with a greenish tint from the lighting.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yeah, maybe you're right. The green does seem to shift when the camera does in the video.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

resurgam40 posted:

Oh, piss, it's another anthropomorphized weapon, isn't it?

Well, if she's related to Bern, she's probably a tool!

Tools are weapons, right? :v:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
She looks like a player 2 palette swap of Ange if you ask me, then again most anime looking characters look the same to me. The green hair does remind me of those twins from Higurashi as well, but that's not really anything to go on.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

She''s clearly the personification of Small Bombs.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah, maybe you're right. The green does seem to shift when the camera does in the video.

Ah yeah, here's the screengrab color-corrected.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

I'm really glad Prof posted the OP for episode 5. It wouldn't truly be a recreation of the Umi Fandom if there wasn't a ton of speculation dissecting this video.

Of course, I tried to convince prof to post his first update (the episode 5 prologue) and then just go dark for a month, to truely simulate the experience. Alas.

In other news, today is White Day and we're celebrating in the northeast with a massive gently caress-off blizzard. As I find myself with a lot of free time on my hands today, I'll probably have a Bonus Update for you, later tonight.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

oath2order posted:

Of course, I tried to convince prof to post his first update (the episode 5 prologue) and then just go dark for a month, to truely simulate the experience. Alas.

Was that a thing? The prologue was released as a demo or something?

Also, as the game is clearly afoot. Here's a list of things I don't recognise from the Youtube video from toothcombing it:

In the series of portraits ending in green/blue-haired girl, after EVA Beatrice, at 0:33 there's a woman with long hair wearing a frilly neck thing. She could be Virgilia? I can't tell.
Presumably the girl at 0:41 is the same girl we spotted earlier in the painting but "in game". The neck thing's the same. Definitely blue hair that time.
Also at 0:45? Blue eye, blue hair. Not much to go on there.
At 0:47, there's a face that flashes in almost instantaneously.
At 1:20, there's a full image of a different/the same blue haired girl.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 14, 2017

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Noooooo, not more characters...

Well, maybe it's just a piece version of Bern, like we had the piece version of Beatrice a couple of times? They wouldn't need to be exactly identical.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Please note that White Day is also Pi Day! So gals, get your man a pie. it'll be da bomb!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

CottonWolf posted:

Was that a thing? The prologue was released as a demo or something?
I think it got released at least a few weeks before EP 5 dropped, maybe even sooner than that. It's a pretty short prologue too, but man oh man does it set the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

lotus circle posted:

I think it got released at least a few weeks before EP 5 dropped, maybe even sooner than that. It's a pretty short prologue too, but man oh man does it set the scene.

It was months. MONTHS. And yeah, set the scene is a bit of an understatement.

Anyways, White Day will go up as soon as we push to the next page.

• Locked thread