Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Oh, jeez. Somehow the description of Kanon sticking his fingers in there grossed me out more than the Halloween banquet :gonk:

On another note, I've been thinking about what somebody else in this thread said about the term "furniture" seeming to mean the same thing as "familiar," and with this update something occurred to me. The stakes, 'icepick' weapons or whatever, all correspond to the names of some bigwig demons, according to "the witch's game record" from ep 1: Asmodeus, Beelzebub, Mammon, Satan, Lucifer, Belphegor, and Leviathan. At the time I'd just thought it was some extra flavor to build on the occult themes that were already going around...but then we saw Asmodeus and Satan with a presumably human form. (Albeit a super anime form, but still.)

Anyway, since there didn't seem to be much distinction between those two and the 'furniture' of the Ushiromiya house, and seeing how Genji acted in this latest update -- and especially now that I've realized his name is Ronoue Genji...

Wikipedia on the demon Ronove posted:

In demonology, Ronove is a Marquis and Great Earl of Hell, commanding twenty legions of demons. He teaches art, Rhetoric, languages, and gives good and loyal servants and the favour of friends and foes. He is depicted as a monster holding a staff, without detailing his appearance. He is also described as taker of old souls; often coming to earth to harvest souls of decrepit humans and animals near death. Other spellings: Roneve, Ronové, Ronwe.

At this point, it seems like a bit much to count as coincidence. Not that I have any idea what this could mean for Shannon and Kanon of course, or how any of this could be explained by human means v:shobon:v But I thought it might be worth pointing out, even if it doesn't amount to anything in the end!

(p.s. this is a fantastic LP so far, prof, thank you so much for doing it! My friends have been on me to read umineko for years and now that I've come this far it's a real struggle to not read ahead on my own :ohdear: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

:stare:

My friends tried to warn me about the banquet scene. I didn't listen.

I didn't listen......

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

:aaaaa: Well! I was anticipating the demon Ronove to show up in some form or another, as indicated by that effortpost I did however long ago, but I definitely wasn't anticipating anything like this.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

Any hint of things turning out well in this story makes me suspicious, so around the beginning of this update I was feeling extremely suspicious, but then, wow, gee whiz,

About halfway through the video I started yelling at my friends who had already read Umineko years ago, and they sent me this in response. Dunked on indeed :shepface:

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

:suspense:

You know, a while ago I'd been wondering why exactly Battler and Ange look so alike when they don't share the same mother and also don't seem to resemble Rudolf that much either, but I had previously chalked it up to an artistic or narrative tell for the reader to be able to guess exactly who Ange was when she first showed up in ep3. But now...

(Then again, I guess they don't really seem to resemble Kyrie that much either, but, well. #animegenetics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

Hmm :crossarms: Unless there's something I'm forgetting, I'm suddenly wondering if Maria might have some connection with the Chiesters -- since Rosa was referred to as a black witch, iirc, and she smashed one of Maria's porcelain rabbits. Hmm...

• Locked thread