Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Ground floor of a great thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Wouldn't there be an option to turn off voice acting?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I think I'd be quite fine with everyone dying in this story so far, with exception to Natsuhi. The Ushiromiya family is bonkers.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lord Koth posted:

Hey now, the kids haven't proven themselves utter assholes deserving of death.

Yet. :v:

Maria is moe in a time when anime moe didn't exist (the 1980s). The scourge can be stopped right here.

Dire Wombat posted:

What did the servants ever do to you?

:confused: I only advocated for the Ushiromiya family to be murdered, not for the furniture to be chopped up.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Youtube, because I'm on mobile as well.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Fabulousvillain posted:

You'd almost think the head of the of such a household name clings romantically to old patriarchal ideas of another cultures history to fulfill some twisted fantasy to escape their own demise and reunite with a magical creature only they have claimed to meet, but that would just be silly.

Butterflies totally exist in real life though, so maybe Kino can finally meet up with Beatrice the Butterfly.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Less Ushiromiyas can only be a good thing.

Except for Natsuhi. She can stay. :3:

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 29, 2016

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
"...So what does that mean? Just killin' 'em wasn't enough, they went on to do somethin' like this!! The devil, this here's the work of the devil!!"

This line accidentally has Jessica's portrait when it should be Hideyoshi's.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Theory about the initial six murders: poison has to be involved in order to take out such a large amount of people at once, and without any sign of a struggle on their bodies. In the updated profiles it says that the smashing of the heads only happened after death, so for whatever reason, the murderer found it necessary to do so to each of the victims. For what reason, I don't know, but it has to be necessary.

Theory about the new murders: Hideyoshi died first, and the warm shower was used to throw off the estimated time of death. Eva walks in to see dead Hideyoshi, gets killed herself. The murderer was in the room with them the entire time, and snuck out after Kanon and Genji leave to get bolt cutters.

I've got no clue about anything so far, but I like crafting theories.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Sirens around video links is what I see done in other threads, and I think they'd do a fine job.

Seriously, wtf is up with Maria? Even a nine year old should know not to be celebrating the death of a nice cousin's parents.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Maria is the only one to notice a just-suddenly-appeared-from-thin-air letter from inside a sealed room? I'm calling BS, she must have placed it there.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Kino tried to give candy to a chair. That man just ain't right, I tell you what.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Urge to kill everyone on this island rising.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Man, Battler is going to have a hard time proving that witches don't exist anymore after this episode.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Making me surrender in an instant pretty harsh-sounding. Couldn't Beatrice make me something else, like pudding perhaps, in an instant instead?

Kinzo sure picked the wrong thing to make a contract with a witch over. If he had asked for pudding instead of gold, Beatrice would have nothing to murder his family over, and he could be spending the rest of his life savoring the flavor of that wonderful night of hellishly good pudding. Problem solved.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Kanon is 14.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

bman in 2288 posted:

This hurts my soul.

Insert beatrice_ahahaha.wav here.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Fabulousvillain posted:

Battler obviously thinks he's either drugged or talking to an alien humanoid that uses technology too advanced for some teens in the 80's to comprehend so they would normally dismiss it as magic.

Battler already takes some inspiration on how to act pervy from comedy anime, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe he's familiar with sci-fi anime too.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

oath2order posted:

Man, this thread is really blase about the fact that Beato put on a suit and is just strolling around the island. What does it take to impress you people?

Bloodthirsty demon-summoning witches wearing private school clothing is standard anime. Realistic depictions of familial abuse coming from a Japanese perspective is the thing that impresses me. (If anybody else knows good anime/manga with realistic human problems, feel free to recommend them.)

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

everybody recommending good stuff to read posted:

Good stuff to read

Going to definitely have to take a look at these. Sometimes topics can be kinda hard for me to start to learn about because of how emotionally draining they can seem at first, but I always end up being grateful that I read it, because the things that I learn from them stay with me for years. Maybe a fresh perspective from a different culture's POV might do the trick and help me get into another one of those sort of stories. Thank you all!

quote:

: "My, my. They say that if you lie down right after eating, you'll become a mackerel. Hoh-hoh-ho...!"

Kumasawa speaks the truth. I've turned into a mackerel many times because of this problem, so I can confirm.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

bman in 2288 posted:

I know, what a bitch.

Chill out, it's just an anime.

What's up with portrait of Beatrice becoming that of the schoolgirl uniform version? Is it still supposed to be the classic painting of her in a dress to everyone else but the audience, or is Kinzo a fan of high school animes in this universe?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeet's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuumble!

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Fabulousvillain posted:

I never saw this profile until now, and something doesn't add up. Beatrice you know those boots and stockings don't go with that outfit, you gotta step your fashion game up if you want to win Battlers heart soul life here :nyd:

"The stripe stocking help show that she is a classical witch. Without stripe stockings, how would you know she's a witch? Hence, stripe stockings = witch. QED, Battler."

_____/

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'd imagine Maria being the happiest of people to find the crime scene, because yay <Happy Halloween!>. Kinzo might also be giddy too because his poo poo head children are finally dead.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'd love to know if the first series of events are supposed to be true, while the rest are game board versions that Beatrice is using to counter Battler's attempts to find a non-magical explanation. This sort of thing is confusing.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

oath2order posted:

Anime Troll Faces exist. They exist!

Uu-

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

KataraniSword posted:

Without love, it cannot have lightsabers.

The fight video should have a flashing banner on top where it says *THIS IS WHAT KINZO ACTUALLY BELIEVES*.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Fabulousvillain posted:

I remember Maria complaining when Rosa took her letter away that "it's the invitation to the Golden Land" or whatever it's called, it begs questioning whether Maria had opened and read the letter already or if she was just assuming it's some sort of invitation.

Maria never opened it because she knew that inside it would only be a letter from her idol Beatrice saying "lol practice your witchcraft better, n00b," and she wanted to keep her faith alive because it's the only thing keeping her going.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
If they wanted to pull inspiration from anything, Phoenix Wright is a good way to go. Fantastic series with an average, non-superpowered protagonist using only their guts, smarts, and heart in order to take down people far larger than them. In addition to that similarity between Phoenix and Battler's positions, another thing that is similar is how the creators behind used social issues to craft a story upon (family secrets/abuse for Umineko, Japan's terrible court system for Phoenix Wright). I'm all for Battler yelling objection towards Beatrice 's contradictions.

Edit: holy poo poo that sprite is almost identical to Phoenix's.

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 8, 2016

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
At least I'm glad that Rosa kicked over everything in the room to see if anybody was hiding there. For Eva and Hideyoshi's murders in the first episode, I think the murderer just hung out in the room in order to create that closed room crime scene, but in Jessica's murder, that same explanation can be ruled out.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm not really certain what the situation with Kanon(?) being here is, but I do have a bit of a theory regarding Jessica's closed room. Rosa alluded to how a door could be locked without a key by simply twisting on the knob on the door handle to lock it. Couldn't the killer have done that right before they left the room? It's something that I do everyday when I leave home, so I'm kinda confused why this couldn't be the case here.

Also, Gohda, wash the dishes goddamn. I like you, but please stop slacking off.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Zack Ater posted:

Doors that lock by twisting a knob only do so from the inside, or else it wouldn't be much of a lock. You lock it from inside the room, then close the door behind you when you leave. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here?

e: Maybe I was unclear. To clarify, I'm talking about this:

Which Prof replied to with the red text (which I then quoted and replied to.) I'm saying that if there is such a lock, it could used to lock the door from inside the room before leaving, in which case it doesn't contradict the red text.

Thank you, you explained it much clearer than my attempt. I think this is how this locked room could bedone, and there's no witchcraft required.

Edit: but Rosa did point it out, and she was lived in the mansion for years. Additionally, the killer probably didn't even use the amazing ability to lock the door from the inside like a sensible person would, and probably jumped out the window because it would be cool.

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 11, 2016

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Somebody is wearing Kanon's body like a skinsuit. Instead of a furry, they are a Kanony.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm not believing in magic here, so I think Genji slashed the hell out of whoever was pretending to be Kanon. Since Gohda wasn't allowed to wear the one-winged eagle, there's probably a lot of stuff that he's not allowed to know, while Genji and Shannon are trying to do damage control on their side. They both make Gohda agree to some lousy cover story ("lol just say you don't know anything"), and Gohda's forced to roll with it.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Prison Strip with Rosa's lines are just a stab in the chest, holy poo poo.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Robindaybird posted:

Eva wears pants under her Qipao

I don't think so because she has the one-winged eagle tattooed to her thigh (please don't ask how I know this).

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I could've swore she had it tattooed to her thigh the last time I saw her sprite, but nope, it seems I'm wrong. I even thought that's why she went with the Qipao that had the split down the side so she could show it off. Seemed like a pretty anime thing to do, but then again this game kinda steers away from that.

Forgive me, I dun goofed.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Count me in as another person who loves the Dead Angle song. It's fantastic.

Once more, I suspect Maria of being the one to place the letter there. Natsuhi did a good job last episode of kicking Maria (plus others) out for that poo poo, but Rosa would never admit that Maria could be possible of cooperating with the culprit.

As for the paint that was on the door that lead to George and Shannon's murder scenes, I imagine that to be from Kumasawa and Nanjo's desperate attempt to escape from being murdered. They are collaborators as well, and were trying to paint a seal on the door until the murderer decided to kill them too. It's interesting how they show off Shannon's body in a CG but not George's, so who knows what's up with that.

Lastly, RIP Gohda. He kinda became a good person towards the end.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

resurgam40 posted:

We'd have to have another scene with Nanjo and Kumasawa, showing how they survived having their throat slit open, for them to be suspects. They were as dead as disco when the last scene played, so unless your theory is that Beato pulled the corpse manipulation trick again, you'll have to unpack that.

I also don't really buy Maria as placing the letter, since Rosa already laid out why that was impossible: Rosa was the last one to leave the room after a once over, and Maria was with her when the letter was discovered. Besides, we had an honest to god real reaction from Maria when Rosa and Battler started fighting; it seemed to distress her as nothing else has since the rose thing from last episode, because the riddle is a game to her at the end of which everyone gets up and gets a reward in the Golden Land. If she were really placing the letters, wouldn't the Witch be ihihi-ing during the scene instead of crying?

But if we rule out all of the people in the room, that only leaves Granpa and Genji- neither of whom could have done the letter- and the 19th guest, who could only have done it if there's something about things we don't know about. So if these things are true and everyone's playing by the rules... maybe there is something to Rosa being the culprit.

My explanation for how Kumasawa and Nanjo are still collaborators despite seemingly having their throat slit is the same explanation I'll use for Kanon having a lightsaber: unreliable narrator. Beatrice is telling Meta-Battler that magical stuff happened, but Meta-Battler is trying to prove that magic doesn't exist. The game didn't have Piece-Battler inspect Kumasawa and Nanjo's bodies to see if he could legit see gore, so for all we know, what could have actually happened is that they pulled out a ketchup packet across their throat and said "oh no, we are dead blegh", and flopped to the floor (all the while Gohda is crying).

Maria's reaction to Battler and Rosa fighting after she deliberately placed the letter still stands, because all she wants is everyone to get along, stop hurting each other, and accept that magic exists. In her mind, Beatrice is not a bad guy, and that everything will be fine in the golden land where her mother is a nice person and where she won't be abused. She sincerely believes in that dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Interesting to note that in the post game roundup, it says that Shannon died on a different twilight than George. Someone has to be faking their deaths here.

Also, are these murders all taking place in a single day? Are twilights supposed to be the individual hours on the clock that we keep seeing?

• Locked thread