Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Motherfucker.

MOTHERFUCKER.

You can say that what I'm about to say is bullshit, and honestly, I thought it was bullshit too, because I would have said it otherwise. One of my theories was an extension of the "Eva becoming a witch didn't happen" thing, where it was all a ploy to get Battler to trust Beato, but it all falls apart at the end because Beato is really bad at being a good person, and Battler finds out about the ruse, and the game resets.

How was I supposed to know that I WAS BASICALLY RIGHT?! From now on, I'm posting ALL my theories, because of that idea was close enough, then I got R7's game down pat. Though I don't think I could have predicted a grown up Ange. That's a curve ball.

Super quick edit: I don't know how, but I'll doxx myself to show that I was seriously considering that one option.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

We spend about 90% of the time in the Discord throwing around some serious ahahaha.wavs but this poo poo in particular had us rolling in the aisles going "yo those incompetents are getting GOT"

North Wind And The Sun Fuckers, Witches Exist

I promise you that this is going to be the last time they those who would proclaim themselves to be witches will get the last of bman in 2288! The preference for subtlety is gone, and the kids gloves are off. It's time to completely and utterly prove witches don't exist.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

oath2order posted:

Ron Howard Narrator: 'It would not, in fact, be the last time witches got the last on bman in 2288.'

Quiet, you.

Lisonfire posted:

If witches don't exist how did y'all get dunked on so hard by them?

You too.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

...what?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So what's North Wind and Sun?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh. Yeah, that's a nice Aesop.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
If anything, this update is just reinforcing my idea that witches... are just bitches.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

tiistai posted:

You sound bitter

A little bit. Give me an extra day to recover from the burn that was episode 3.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Talk about the cycle repeating. But retsurgam brings up a good point: how did they not manage to incriminate Eva in at least of of the deaths? Bribery does seem like a quick and easy solution here. And the way she talks about George died reinforce that it was probably Nanjo who killed him (I liked my pet theory that she killed him in delirium, but I question if she was even sick in the first place now, and that all the gold made her temporarily lose her mind, or something). We see her kill Battler through his POV, so she had at least a kill count of 1.

Maybe she really was clever enough to fool 1980's cops. Open a few windows, contaminate the crime scenes, juggle guns, remove fingerprints, yada yada. But in spite of all the terrible poo poo Eva did and put Ange through, it's good to see that she still is her brother's sister.

One more thing that I found interesting was that the world isn't stopped, that each game played creates a new timeline. To be fair, it's not exactly new info considering R07.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
MRGA sounds kind of like 'Murica, which is a name for America, specifically the US.

The gold is in the US. Kinzo's westaboo tendencies are quite deep-rooted, so we should have seen this a mile away.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

I only passed Probability in college because all but five of the students dropped out of the class before midterms so the teacher guaranteed we'd pass if we kept showing up until the end. So, I'll take your word for it.

If it makes you feel any better, I too am abysmal at probability.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

I don't think I've seen any poo poo-talking of Maria since, like, Episode 1.

Let me fix that:

Does she "uuu" in her goddamn diary?! There is seriously something wrong with that. Is she just committed to the "uuu" like it's a fashion trend that no one appreciates, or is she writing in a sort of stream-of-consciousness way, where she writes down all the tics she's noticing herself make?

No, but seriously, is she actually writing her tics in her diary? That's... weird. Even for her. Makes me wonder what she'd be like at Ange's age.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Talk about lovely relatives. Looks like this woman wants to be just like Kinzo, only in a completely different way.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Fake or not, I can see where Battler gets some of his character tics, from.

And one more "Holy poo poo, Kyrie" for the road. Because after learning her entire family is cutthroat as hell, this makes so much sense.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

What is this?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

oath2order posted:

Inspector Lunge, a character from the anime "Monster."

He's Basically Anime Inspector Javert, the villainous figure from Les Miserables who refused to believe that Jean Valjean could do magic.

Ah. Never watched Monster.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
We're gonna be stuck with Ange and Memory-Maria for a while, aren't we?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
What a bitch.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'm raising my hand. Can we get back to the brutal murders already? Some of these updates have hit a little too close for home.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I can't do this. I can't. I just went through 3 versions of this post to say that. 3 different effort posts. This hits too close to home, in the wrong way.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Wait, is she now gunning for Ange now, literally? The Sumaderas really must be Yakuza, if they're pulling out poo poo like this in Japan.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lycaeon posted:

He's completely clueless. Why did she fall in love with him? :ohdear:

Lack of options.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
They mean back when Kinzo was forced to become head.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, it does seem that Maria would be quick about making a choice. I'm hesitant to say Battler will do better than George or Jessica, he's incompetent and gets stuck a lot.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I buried my uncle today. I came home to see this.

I'm not angry. I'm just mildly annoyed.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Maybe his sin is accidentally stumbling onto the solution of the epitaph, forgetting to tell any of the Ushiromiya clan, and leaving. Hence, no one would have to suffer under Kinzo any longer, and Battler would be the new head. But because he forgot to take the successorship with him (meaning he forgot where the gold was), everyone's back for this particular family meeting to figure out the new head, which involves everyone dying (a lot).

I think this vibes up with either Shannon and/or Kanon being the person(s) who Battler told about the gold, but since they weren't technically part of the family or something, they couldn't do anything about it. And so they became murders/"Beatrice"? I dunno. It's all still pretty first-draft-y in my head.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

lotus circle posted:

Not to ruin your train of thought, but

You ruined my train of thought. But then it begs the question of how everyone else was trying to find the treasure back when the parents were kids. Or am I mixing up events?

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 4, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So, was the sin "abandoning the Ushiromiya and becoming furniture" or something? Do we know enough to figure out where the real Battler is? And the "uuuuuuu" at the end by Beato is incredibly telling.

Hold on, Ange knew about Beato's plan. Did that mean she knows something that we don't? Is Battler still Rudolf's son? So many questions I have, yet they may not get answered.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Edit: double post.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 4, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Though if that were the case, I have no theory as to why Kyrie would agree to give him up.

Following this train of thought, considering both women were really dedicated to Rudolf, I'd figure that convincing her was not as difficult as it should have been.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Not apologizing. Her "magic incantation" to make her mother love her was one of the main things that angered her. If Maria was having such a difficult time understanding that (I'm pretty sure Rosa bitched about it every day), then she legit has some bad mental problems, caused by lovely parenting.

Kinzo's fault, obviously.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 6, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

oath2order posted:

I don't think you're seriously suggesting Maria's abuse is her fault, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is your defense mechanism against massive witch-dunking.

Yeah, that was a lovely thing to say.

It's still Rosa's fault for literally abusing her child, instead of trying to work through it with Maria.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

SardonicTyrant posted:

ProfessorProf, please replace every picture of Kasumi's face with progressively smaller faces.

Mister Olympus posted:

And make it spin.

Seconding these sentiments.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

EagerSleeper posted:

I tried to make it spin, hopefully it works out alright.

Truly, the greatest work of man, and not witches.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tender Child Loins posted:

I know you backed off but I do want to add that it's pretty heavily implied in the text that Maria is a neurodivergent child. So expecting her to see a causal relationship between her incantation and her mother's abuse actually may be too much to ask of her. For your future reference, this post veered pretty sharply into ableist territory.

Not gonna lie, after realizing that, I kinda wanted to go full turbo-rear end in a top hat and see what happened.

But I'm not a monster. Just a regular rear end in a top hat. I just want Maria to hurt less, actually hurt less. I've been in her shoes before, but not as far into poo poo as her home life is. But I guess I'm not as good at providing advice as I'd like to be.

At least I'm not Rosa, or Kinzo. I don't even have kids to gently caress up.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So the games are still going? Even though Beato gave up, essentially? All this new information is making think that the game has shifted to something else.

I also have a meta-theory, as it turns out. But I don't know whether or not I should put it in spoiler tags. It's more of a guess about how the story is going to play out. Really, I'm just asking permission to post it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So what my gut feeling is telling me, is that Beatrice, while our main opponent, is not our true enemy here. The scenario is set up so that Beatrice is going to lose, no matter how incompetent Battler is, with the other two girls at the helm. And considering the ground rules as stated in the OP, it looks like the only choice we may have is to either protect Beato... or not? Everything I've seen so far about the meta-game, with the newest revelation that the two girls are not betting on Beatrice winning, leads me to wonder if Battler will get to decide to be the one who supports Beato or not. Despite being her opponent. What I'm trying to say is that the story seems to be heading towards a point where we'll have to make a choice, and Beatrice will be the pivot of that choice.

I'm really just making an estimated guess, so the spoiler tags are removed. I'm most likely wrong, anyway, all things considered.

I'm going to head back to Ep.2 and see if I can figure out the key problem, with the chapel. I'm pretty sure that I can alter my (only) hypothesis to account for the new information given to us.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 14, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

mcclay posted:

Just caught up on this thread, glad to see that BatoxBeato is still the strongest ship

2) The logo looks different, it doesn't look like Beato's silhouette in it anymore.

Agreed and agreed. The silhouette looks like Battler, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I dunno, that seems pretty appropriate.

• Locked thread