Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Welp, looks like Shannon is loving dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Ten people dead and it's still episode 1. At this rate it'd be very hard to keep the tension going for eight episodes after all this death in the first one. I'm predicting time loop shenanigans.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Let's flip the chessboard: What is the goal of the ritual?

There are three main factors of the ritual that could be the motive:

-The murders of practically everyone on the island. Hey, maybe someone just hates these guys and has a flair for the dramatic.

-The discovery of the hidden gold and thus the determination of the inheritor to Kinzo's wealth. Could be a motive for practically anyone on the island, so it's kind of a tricky thing to pin someone with, but still worth keeping some attention on.

-The resurrection of the witch, BEATRICE.

I'l get back to that in a second, but first let me state for posterity's sake the fourth option that is practically always a possibility in these situations:

-This is all one big distraction so that the culprit can do what they actually want to do on, like, the next island over or something. Currently not a fan of this option.

Back to BEATRICE. The main thing that snags me about this is that in order for someone to be "resurrected", they first have to be "dead", right? Even if BEATRICE's resurrection wasn't the main motive, ultimately, the resurrection has to be a factor if the culprit wants to perform - or merely stage - the ritual. Therefore, let us look at the ritual epitaph: when, exactly, does BEATRICE resurrect?

After the murders. Also, note that it doesn't specify that BEATRICE has to perform the killings. In fact, its use of second-person implies the opposite.

The appearances beforehand in Episode 2? Pointless, as a witch that now exists thanks to the ritual could easily warp reality and retcon themselves in however they want. In the original, unaltered timeline, the only time we see her is at the time of resurrection, and even then, only as a silhouette.

Essentially, regardless of whether it was magic, regardless of whether there were 18, 19, or even 20+ on the island, BEATRICE could not have committed the murders as she has the perfect alibi.

SHE WAS loving DEAD AT THE TIME.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

It'd be pretty funny if BEATRICE ends up being one of the first six killed.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

ProfessorProf posted:

Furthermore, this should go without saying, but if the audience wishes to use the same convention,[/i] you are forbidden from using red for any reason other than to repeat red given to you by the game. [i]If you were to use this formatting to say whatever you want, it would surely disrupt the flow of the game and cause total pandemonium.

The sky is green

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Nobody ever stayed on Jessica's personal room key when talking about that mystery, so it's probably that. After that, it's pretty simple to snag a master key from Kumasawa. Remember - they let the culprit in, so there's no need to have it when entering.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Haha yeah, nice loving try Beato. "This" Rokkenjima? Fine. But what about the original timeline Rokkenjima? Or the next loop's Rokkenjima? There's still the possibility.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah that battle was just a wonderful visual metaphor for walking up to someone and just stabbing them or whatever.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

oath2order posted:

Can you explain how genji could shoot or stab himself without leaving any obvious weapons around?

Yes.

Genji has really sharp fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

ProfessorProf posted:

Generally speaking, if I use the red outside of updates, you can assume I'm just presenting one of Beatrice's moves ahead of schedule.

That sounds like you trying to shut down speculation early when part of the fun of this is the speculation. Not sure I like that.

• Locked thread