Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

avoraciopoctules posted:

Mariage Sorcière should have gone into showbiz. It would have ended better for everyone.

Well now that you mention it
https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2F02KaUff0HEo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nobody in Seacats is a COMPLETE monster.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the madness in kinzo's eyes was bomb shaped

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

avoraciopoctules posted:

I'm not so sure about that. Trying to figure out how the evil genie controls the horizontal and vertical was pretty fun. Can I explain Battler experiencing his own death and resurrection? Professor Layton games have a long tradition of explaining magic with even more absurd science, and I can get pretty far with drugs and hypnosis after playing Wright vs. Layton. The absurd hyperbolic stuff can all be something that some version of Battler perceived. Then we have to figure out why someone went to the trouble of setting it all up.

It's not as though this is the first time Umineko set us up to believe in something, then waited for a powerful moment to subvert it. Pulling a last moment table flip and telling us the red truth was fake all along doesn't seem entirely outside of Umineko's capacity. And it could say something thematically about the dangers of engaging with an abuser on their terms.

Look.

Red Truth is absolute. That's not a spoiler, that's the game. You can counter Blue, you can question white, etc, but Red is full stop.

e: refusing the accept the Red is the human side version of saying Magic Is Real in Red, it results in a stalemate because one side has refused to play by the rules

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 13, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Now that Bern's started to show herself I can say that Bern's face game is among the strongest.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Edit: Notice that they didn't say that last line in red.

In the Quadrillion to One calculation, Lambda controls the Quadrillion, Bern the One. So no matter how many times Endless Magic rerolls the dice...

E: of course Origin witches like MARIA can turn the resulting zero into 1, but Ange-Beatrice (Bern's piece) made the only one around leave :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 13, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Episode 5 is nearly universally considered the best episode for a lot of reasons.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Speaking of, I've been meaning to say: this LP has been a lot of fun, not just because Prof is a terrifying screenshot machine, but because so many people are participating in so many ways, especially you and tiistai, but everyone who's in your crazy Discord and pops in here to try to convince us of the existence of witches or post bits of non-spoilery fanart or whatever. I don't think this thing would work at all without that, and I certainly don't think I would have written several multi-paragraph posts about an anime murder mystery if it weren't happening. Those of us who don't know the story and are trying to guess how everything works are doing it because you're presenting something for us to push against, and I really appreciate it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WE'LL GET YOU YET! YOU'LL NEVER CONVINCE US OF MAGIC, YOU CREDULOUS FOOLS! IT'S ALL FAAAAAAAAAKE!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man the manga art swings so wildly between great and terrible

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tender Child Loins posted:

Don't know how I missed the trailer for next episode, but??? Bernkastel?

:allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

Oh, piss, it's another anthropomorphized weapon, isn't it? Yet another indulgence of Ryukishi07's weird fetishes... We got the stakes as busty schoolgirls, we got the rifles as friggin' bunny girls- what, does Kinzo have a treasured sword that he polishes whilst moaning about Beatrice? "Ohh, Zwiehander-chan, only you understand me... You'd never call my grimoires "books", would you, pet?"

That or yet another Goetia demon person... there's 72 of them, after all, plenty left to choose from.

Well you see

:allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

I would never have made that link, but now you've pointed it out, I'm 99% sure you're right. Does that mean that this is all Maria's fantasy? We know that the first bottle was signed from Maria.

E4 already (explicitly) told y'all that the bottles weren't actually written by Maria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

tiistai posted:

In 1998 the bottle messages are widely known by mystery and occult buffs all over the world, yet they don't seem to have solved them either.

They aren't constantly talking with the culprit.

• Locked thread