Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Oh, hey, someone else is taking a swing at this? Here's hoping you manage to get through this behemoth without burning out like I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

ProfessorProf posted:

I haven't looked into patching Chiru yet, does the basic Umitweak stuff add the dialog box for that one? If not, I'm not sure where this assumption is coming from.

Regarding the updated translation, for the LP that's not really significant unless I can find a full text dump of the updated script. Or if it's easy to just extract the script text from the patch, I haven't really tried.

It adds the textbox, yeah. Though I haven't checked back and updated for a couple years, so they might have a version that doesn't have it by now.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

...Yeah, this probably wasn't the best spot for me to have hit terminal levels of distraction and lack of motivation. Apologies for the cliffhanger blue balls, readers of the last thread.

And congrats to Prof for catching up/being poised to pass me in something like a tenth the time it took me to get there in the first place.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

ProfessorProf posted:

To be clear, I mean in no way to disparage the hard work you put into the last LP. SSLPs are a lot of work, Umineko is a daunting project, and I've certainly given up on easier.

Thanks for your hard work; from here, I'll be moving forward from retreading it and onto new territory.

No worries, I didn't take it that way. I'm just glad this is getting past where I burned out, and impressed you've kept up the rapid update pace so far into this behemoth.

• Locked thread