Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

alcharagia posted:

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH BEATORIIIIICHIIIIII

I like how this looks like your avatar screaming this out of nowhere.

I've never seen the game of this but I did watch about halfway through the anime based off of it. So it'll be interesting to see how closely they're bound together. Plus maybe I'll actually find out what the hell is going on in this series if I watch for long enough. Count me in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

So I guess the demon roulette came up Red.

As did the walls, the floor, and possibly the ceiling. Still that narrows down the cast list somewhat. If they keep up this rate of attrition we'll be in the golden land by the middle of next week!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Option 2 looks the best of them. I say go for that. The fact it'll make it easier for you as well is an added bonus.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

I suppose the other thing we need to wonder about is whether or not what we actually see in game when Battler isn't present can be relied upon. For all we know what we see is an unreliable narration or a fiction to held muddle the mystery. Eva could well be correct that Natsuhi had something to do with the disappearance after all. Should it be taken that whatever we see in the game is what actually happened Prof?

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Bholder posted:

So what was Kanon's plan again, to swap a bunch of butterflies with an axe?

Also, I know I shouldn't say this after seeing some genuine child beating, but I love the part where Battler had enough of Maria's poo poo.

It's not entirely silly. Some folklore hold that iron (or cold iron which is just fancy medieval talk for normal everyday iron, like cold steel) is particularly effective at countering certain magics and creatures. Depending on what that hatchet was made of he might have had a bit of a chance. If he was lucky as much of a chance of getting a 0 on a roulette wheel.

Probably lucky he isn't a professional gambler really.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

We don't lose anything by having them small, everything is perfectly legible.

I do have one formatting request, would it be possible to make the videos more obvious in the posts? They kind of get lost in there and I really don't want to miss any of them. Perhaps something as simple as a smilies next to it to draw the eye? If someone hadn't mentioned the video after your latest update I'd have missed it entirely.

Or you know I could actually take my time to read everything.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

I would assume the circle would be something similar to one to cause panic or mistrust. That seems like the biggest insult that could be there. Making the character's believe they were playing into the "witch's" hand by suspecting each other. Even if there's a logical, none magical explanation and it is one of the people there, they have no direct way to prove the magic circle wouldn't work on them, since their own paranoia lead them into the decision.

I would guess personally it's Natsuhi, she just said she put a can of food down on the table and she might have been able to secrete the envelope there as well. It's clear that old grandpapy was fond of her, I wonder if perhaps as the head of the servants she might have picked up a piece of useful black magic knowledge here and there. Plus with her trusted position no one would suspect her immediately. Eva was obviously against her, but due to the way she had acted to her previously you wanted her to be proved innocent and Eva proved wrong. I wonder if that played us into believing her innocent. Certainly seems everyone else who could have a claim to the household is dead, leaving Jessica almost clear. Plus she has a gun and is in the room with the only two other people who could gain from the rest of the household being wiped out.

No idea how she managed most of the other stuff, but I suppose perhaps she's right and the servants are in on it. She'd know if they were helping her. Perhaps Maria is as well, albeit unknowingly.

In essence, I think she's going to shoot George through the knee and let him bleed to death. Because god damned if that guy hasn't suffered enough right now.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Well I'm happy I called what the magic circle would do. I really should have seen "it was magic all along you fools!" since they pulled the "it's all real and hosed up" card in the first episode of the other anime they did. When the cicadas cry or something similar. Still interesting though. I look forward to the rest of this.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

I vaguely recalled getting up to this point in the anime and that's where I left it. I know these breaks are useful for installing normality and character building. But they can be very painful, retelling the same points again and again. Still, thanks up for the heads up Prof.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well in this case the points are different. We really don't know much about Shannon and George

I meant as in Shannon referring to herself as Furniture again and again who doesn't deserve to have human things like a real human. I find that sentiment personally offensive, so maybe I'm just noticing it more than I normally would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Interesting., but at least now we've got concrete information we can use to reason. Before we could claim unreliable narrator or that we were being lied to in some way. I actually saw the clip of this from the anime a little before this LP went up, so I'm going to stay out of this discussion since I know the answer. But I look forward to banging my head against the future ones until I give up too.

• Locked thread