Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

He's still a dork though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You forget that Virgilla is mentioned in Maria's diary, so that whole cooking up a name for herself for Battler was part of the show.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

avoraciopoctules posted:

That's not exactly what I was getting at. What I'm saying is that the wording of that red truth is pretty easy to exploit if you want to make red truths contradict each other. Just like "It is impossible to get through this door without using a key." Why wouldn't lockpicks work? Why wouldn't using one of the guns to blast it open work?

Because everything said in red is the truth.

Remember, this is is a game Battler and Beatrice are playing. So even if in real life you can pick a lock for the game they're playing a lockpick will not come up. The only way to lock a door is with a key.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsterEnvy posted:

That Rosa stuff appeared to be Maria's Dream. So once again kind of dubious how true this is.

It's also kind of out of her character. Even at her worst moments she has said she loves Maria. Particularity when she is suffering horribly. I doubt she was lying to herself during the end of Episode 2.

Nah it's 100% true in terms of characterization and the history.

Rosa can both love Maria and deeply resent her. Because people are complex.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well there's the simple fact that Battler hasn't been involved with the family for years.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Goldsmith can't do any other magic besides Summoning, as explained in his profile. If he wants to send his children and in laws to his torture dungeon he needs summon someone to do ot.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You're forgetting the obvious true answer.

Beatrice is the Golden Witch and created those gold bars using alchemy. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Battler's sin is described as a "cog."

So it's likely not the sole cause of these events, but simply one of many issues that lead to this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty sure the first few episodes of Higurashi used freely available music.

Anyways, I didn't really find this a pacing issue when playing. LPs do kind of distort pacing, reading through this works fine imo.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Adding something to the theorizers.

For Episode 3''s Closed Room Chain, Beatrice gave her definition of "Instant Death", once they are set to die they are unaable to take actions of their own will. Just something to think about.

Also, though Prof didn't point it out, the main narrative of EP4 ended past update. We're in the Tea Party now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is it. This is peak Umineko.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

We've seen two cases now where somebody trying to say something in red they believe to be true, but isn't, turns out. So I think doubting it is a bit silly.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rodyle posted:

Episode 5 is nearly universally considered the best episode for a lot of reasons.

Because a lot of people are wrong. Seven is the best. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rosa can be incredibly spiteful when she wants to.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Small Bombs will never not be funny.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

She''s clearly the personification of Small Bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

oath2order posted:

I like how we're all overlooking the fact that Beatrice shot like 5 people in this story.

It's not like she killed them or anything. Just ruined their White Day.

• Locked thread