Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Mister Olympus posted:

Yeah, Kinzo defs killed his family.

But his family is alive :confused:

Well, mostly, at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I don't understand why you're being so coy, Umineko is a group effort

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Krauss is a good dad

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
This is magic

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
EP4 is such a wild ride.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

resurgam40 posted:

I used to think, for example, that Virgilia was a clear parallel to Kumasawa, but they're dropping so many mackerel references and "ohoho"s in her speech as CottonWolf said that I begin to distrust this connection, as it seems purposefully drawn as a manner to cast suspicion on her.

You seem like the type of person who can't take yes for an answer :v:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
:rip: Goodbye Goat-kun :rip:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

mycelia posted:

Counterpoint: his bullying is one of the major reasons Eva and Rosa are so hosed up (although you can, again, trace that back to Kinzo 'how badly can I gently caress my family up?' Ushiromiya.)

This is true, but at least he regrets it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah. I'm happy with my Kyrie, Kumasawa and possibly Nanjo theory at the moment. With them all working for the Sumadera's.

Do you mean you're going for Kyrietrice, or that they're all Beato's accomplices, or what?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

CottonWolf posted:

If they're Beato's accomplices, you get a different situation. Presumably they've (by which I mean the Sumadera's) threatened the safety of the off-island family members of Nanjo, Kumasawa, and Kyrie. They're put in a position where they have to kill everyone on the island so Ange can inherit the money, and they, by proxy, can get it through threatening Ange.

It's been said and implied several times that Beatrice already has the gold. Do you think that's true, and if it is, why are the murders necessary when Beato could just give the money to the Sumaderas?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
R07 loves to hide trees in forests, but yeah, as great as EP4 is it probably could have benefited from some more editing. It kinda feels like he realized too late he had to write the whole Ange and Maria exposition and fit in the Rokkenjima part as well before the question arc ends. Well, it probably didn't help that there's less time between the summer Comiket in August and the winter Comiket in December than the other way around.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yeah, this is 100% a setup for Amakusa to show up and badass his way through the suit guys in the next few seconds. I hope Ange makes it out to the main mansion, too; seeing its present-day condition would answer a few questions.

100%

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

resurgam40 posted:

Why bother with it if it does not serve the higher mystery?

Is this a rhetorical question :witch:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

EagerSleeper posted:

Genji is also shown with a half bloodied face too in this board

Not that the anime is necessarily correct about everything, but

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
EXPERIMENT Glowing 1000 degree PINCERS vs MINCE MEAT

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Yeah it's Asumu okaa-san. Not much else they could have done with that, I guess.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
It's me, the Witch Doctor LOU BEATRICE

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

idonotlikepeas posted:

Is that stuff in English or Japanese in the original? If it's Japanese, what does it look like? (I'm curious if more or less of it is obscured.)

You're not potentially missing anything if that's what you're asking

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Doc Hawkins posted:

I simply disagree. Red statements must be true, blue statements must only be possible and not involve magic. I will not accept undisproven blue statements as the actual truth of the matter merely on the face of their being blue and undisproven.

In this cat box, whatever isn't denied becomes the truth. You can disagree all you want, but that's not how this works.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Robindaybird posted:

it's clear they believed they saw Kinzo

No person would mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
May I suggest you reread the Letter from a Summoner

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

CottonWolf posted:

Everyone knows dragons are just plain old non-magical lizards. Ergo, Kinzo being a dragon is evidence for an Icke-ian lizard-people theory, rather than magic.

The Ushiromiyas are actually the vanguard of an advanced alien lizard civilisation bend on abusing humanity for their own ends. The culprit (one of the servants) discovered this and upon taking control of a piece of their technology turned it against them to protect humanity from the alien menace. All of the apparent magic was actually the outcome of this alien technology, by Clarke's Third Law. The murders were therefore performed by humans (with alien technology).

Deny it in red!

I can't believe you just spoiled the premise of EP8, Spaceship of the Golden Witch

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

idonotlikepeas posted:

I imagine the author feeling OBLIGATED to include this based on some theory he'd seen. But it at least means no lizard people.

That doesn't deny the involvement of lizard people and/or their technology, just their participation on the gameboard.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Congratulations! The wicked witch is now loving dead.

CottonWolf posted:

We don't have to prove that it did happen that way. We have to prove that it's possible for a human to have done it. Until it gets explicitly denied in red, that's good enough.

You and a couple others definitely got this right. Mysteries solved, good enough.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

resurgam40 posted:

Huh... OK, that's a nick: If the key was really in the envelope Maria got from Beatrice earlier that day, that would mean there was no envelope switching and that theory's up the creek... but note that Beatrice omitted when Maria received the key. Maria was told not to open it after all; it could be there was a similar key to the chapel, with the same weight, in the first envelope, and if thart was switched during the night with the real key, it would allow Beato to say the key "did not leave her hands" with no contradiction. Unless I'm misremembering something?... The rest fits into the conspiracy theory.

She already basically did that in EP2.

"...Very well. The key to the chapel truly was the object inside the envelope I gave Maria."

"Really, then try saying it!! Repetition requested!! 'The envelope handed over midday yesterday and the envelope that Aunt Rosa opened are the same thing'."

Well, I guess you can still argue that Beato didn't specify the "midday yesterday" part in the red and that she gave her two envelopes in total. That's good enough, right.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
There's a couple of TIPS coming out in the meantime, provided I can get off my lazy rear end and do some translation.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

idonotlikepeas posted:

Edit: Notice that they didn't say that last line in red.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
EP5 has some of my absolute favorite character moments but from what I remember I prefer EP6 overall. The last time I read them in VN format was when they were released however so I'll have to see how they hold up.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

bman in 2288 posted:

If this doesn't need to be spoiler-tagged, I'll get rid of it.

If it's a spoiler, don't post it in the first place

If it's speculation, it's probably not as correct as you might think it is anyway

There's basically no reason to spoiler tag anything in this thread

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Tender Child Loins posted:

To be honest, even I realize how much of a crack ship that is.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Tender Child Loins posted:

It's been a good week to be Batorice trash. :allears:

The commonly accepted term is Beabato, btw

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Ushiromiya Maria, the nine-year-old mystery novel author, skilled enough at her craft to stump Battler for four games

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

AweStriker posted:

Battler is incompetent.

In 1998 the bottle messages are widely known by mystery and occult buffs all over the world, yet they don't seem to have solved them either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Of course the other possibility is that Maria is actually terrible at mysteries and didn't even make them solvable and just had everyone fooled :witch:

• Locked thread