Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Discovered this LP a few days ago, binge read it and I was reminded of the fact that I got like, to episode 6 or 7 before I just lost momentum.

:allears: Rediscovering Umineko was/is real fun.

Seconding Viola by the way, the sudden shift from Napstablook to Beato was super jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I super don't remember if this was in like, the original bubble people version of Umineko. Am I just forgetful, or is this a legit new addition? :saddowns:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

... Rosa has a firearm. If she can't kick the door down because of gohdas superior strength, she can shoot him through it. Then she can kill Shannon and George.

So what, then, are George and Maria doing during my hypothetical version?

Well, George is probably busy being dead.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

John Lee posted:

forgot to start a new post when I was done with the quote ,friggin' hell I'm doing this more and more, I AM INCOMPETENT

Say it in red!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Forgall posted:

And then Battler was a zombie.

No man, he's either witch or demon, haven't you read the post you quoted?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

tiistai posted:

Yeah nobody said things were getting less magical

Oh, Umineko just keeps getting more magical in its own way :allears:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

resurgam40 posted:

(Besides, most of his family are cockfaces who do not deserve heaven as they are now. Nor does Battler, if we're being honest.

Heavy objection. Assuming that the Golden Land is exactly what it is at face value (also assuming that it even exists), i.e., Heaven, where everyone's happy and all things are good, and so on, then all the kids deserve Heaven. Sure, they're a little lovely/weird, but that shouldn't be a bar, since being lovely and weird is all they've known due to their parents.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Does anyone know if there are particularly famous or interesting rivers in Shandong, Taiwan, or Kwantung? (If we're talking about maps, it seems more likely to be an actual river.)

I don't know about famous or interesting, but I remembered something my mom once said kinda in passing about Taiwan, so I went here and tried to find the river she was talking about. I ended up here. and this place is called out as being literally named "freshwater river." Granted, I don't think Kinzo accounted for Wikipedia, but... :v:

Either way, I got fuckin' nothing because this doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe someone else can pick up off from here?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

:allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:

Regardless of whether witches are real or not (they're not), this is an amazing sequence.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Tender Child Loins posted:

AUUGH WHY DID I LOOK :psypop:

bman in 2288 posted:

What are you guys taking about, it can't be that bad-- What the gently caress am I looking at.

Anime has broken me, so I don't know what's supposed to be so bad about this.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

...Is Battler magic?

Battler is magic, but as witches don't exist, he must be something else. I am pretty fond of the theory in this thread that says all the Rokkenjima murders were caused by a unicorn. Maybe he's a unicorn.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

As long as I can contribute something useful to this thread, I'm golden.
Hello, Beatrice.

tiistai posted:

That would be like denying herself.

She didn't say it was her, in red. :colbert:

EDIT: Dr. Manhattan is the killer.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I've seen most of the Monster anime. It's good, though it is pretty ploddy.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

BurningStone posted:

Everybody who calls themselves furniture has shown supernatural powers. No, everybody but Genji, I think. We even just got a line that implied that Kanon wasn't human, which would mess up several red text assumptions. Could be a difficulty in the translation, of course.

a) Genji has supernatural powers, I may be misremembering (and it might just be Ronove, but I think he did his thing by just snapping his fingers and having someone (likely Genji) just fall over like their puppet strings were cut) but he kills either Shannon or Kanon in a previous episode by placing his hand over their neck and then using furniture wizard powers to puncture it, to give them a quick and dignified death and to avoid them getting hit with the Beato train.

b) "Furniture" don't see themselves as "human".

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

oath2order posted:

It is very real.

This move is hilarious because you can use it against Ronove, and if my recollection is correct, Battler is horrified.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Carpator Diei posted:

Just imagine the trouble they'd be in if Kinzo had gone through with switching the Chiesters to Ubunntu!

I appreciated this post. :3:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

And thus the story of Ashita no Goat comes to an end.

I think "Hajime no Kiddo" works better.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Battler's sin is described as a "cog."

So it's likely not the sole cause of these events, but simply one of many issues that lead to this.

Battler's sin is liking steampunk.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

EagerSleeper posted:

I tried to make it spin, hopefully it works out alright.

:magical: I am one step closer to believing that witches are real.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

resurgam40 posted:

Oh, piss, it's another anthropomorphized weapon, isn't it?

Well, if she's related to Bern, she's probably a tool!

Tools are weapons, right? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

tiistai posted:

In 1998 the bottle messages are widely known by mystery and occult buffs all over the world, yet they don't seem to have solved them either.

They are all Battler.

• Locked thread