Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Aw man, Umineko. I played through it a while ago but had trouble putting the pieces together on my own, so I'm looking forward to discussing it with people (without spoilers, of course). Good luck, Prof :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

:getin: Time for a witch hunt.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

tiistai posted:

...I say this like I'm an expert on Japanese but that's not the case at all. I don't think I'm entirely wrong here but I can't assure you I'm not.

That looks right to me. (Not that I'm an expert either, but I do speak it :v:)

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

lotus circle posted:

Honestly the biggest sin the Umineko anime has committed, by far, was that they omitted the Goat-kun scene.

Aside from that, as I read Umineko for the second time the whole way through, I have to say that Krauss is probably the best of the four Ushiromiya siblings. Yes he can be a douchebag, no doubt, however...

-He never physically or emotionally abused his child like Rosa (and probably taught her fist fighting on the side, despite it not being "lady like")
-Did not cheat on his wife like Rudolf, who also two-timed both women even before marrying one.
-Did not become a crazy witch like Eva (if you believe in magic, which you should cause it's real.)

So yeah Krauss ain't perfect, but he basically turned out the most stable of the four despite having all the pressures of headship on him from Kinzo.

Counterpoint: his bullying is one of the major reasons Eva and Rosa are so hosed up (although you can, again, trace that back to Kinzo 'how badly can I gently caress my family up?' Ushiromiya.) He's definitely the best parent of the four siblings, though.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

"Mother Asumu" sure is a translation choice they made. I assume that's supposed to be along the lines of Auntie Rosa vs Rosa-ba-san, but it makes her sound like a nun.

Also, Endless Nine is a good song.

eta: Update on the previous page.

• Locked thread