Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Holy poo poo, you poor bastard, you're going to be doing this lp for the rest of your mortal days. Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

As a side note, I know HIGURASHI had to have a lot of it's OST changed when released on steam, since it was a fuckton of doujin artists, is that also true for Umineko?

Also, how's the translation compared to Witch Hunt?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

ProfessorProf posted:

Trying to talk about Umineko around unspoiled folks

It's so hard!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Qrr posted:

Well, Maria actually having some kind of mental disability makes more sense. But in story no one seemed to notice til now. I suppose the others wouldn't bring it up because it's not polite and battler wouldn't notice because he's not very smart.

It's the difference between a character who acts a third of their age because the author wrote them wrong and a character who acts a third of their age because of an in universe reason.

Also, obviously Rosa slapping her kid is wrong, but I bet she's tried a lot of things to stop the -UU-. And that none of them have worked and she's exasperated.

Also, presumably people are about to start dying. Maybe beginning with the kid they left outside in a typhoon (so responsible!)
People getting worn down like that is one of the reasons they turn to abuse, yes. And keep in mind, this is set in the 80s. We barely knew what autism or developmental disorders were then and they were inedible heavily stig matured even in the US. We didn't know how to diagnose autism spectrum stuff half as well.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

ProfessorProf posted:

My interpretation of various designs in Ryukishi's works is his overwhelming thigh fetish.

Isn't it literally canon that half the designs in Umineko are because one of his coworkers or friends said she would cosplay any of Ryushiki's characters and he was like 'bitch, triple dog dare?'

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Danaru posted:

Just catching up, I've read through Umineko and decided to read through this to see thread reactions and to see everything I missed the first time. It's almost upsetting how glaringly obvious the answers to all these closed rooms are the second time around. <:mad:>

The witch did it using magic, obviously

You should hop in the discord of the witches, then, what for people who've read it.

https://discord.gg/5pV5K

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

https://youtu.be/woPff-Tpkns

Geeeeeeeeeeeet dunked on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

No post from Resurgam? I was looking forward to it all day :(