Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Oh sweet, Umineko! I've not heard the VN voices before. Jessica's sure got a tomboyish voice.

As one side note, while I don't know if the cultural references are getting translated, Jessica's "odd way of speaking" includes the -daze tic, which kind of makes her sound like a delinquent, which you may be familiar with from JoJos. I assume the same is true for Hideyoshi's kansai accent, but that seems to have been translated as southern drawl as is typical for these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

bman in 2288 posted:

Because that's exactly what I'm seeing. Kinzo seems to be channeling Archer in this regard, because no one else would have their goddamned servants think of themselves as sub-human.

Hey, don't be so harsh to Kinzo.

Nanjo and Gohda don't have to refer to themselves as objects :v:

(Also the non-sequitur stuff is engrish bits from the anime ending)

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Qrr posted:

Maybe Kinzo left between Natsuhi leaving and Eva placing the paper?

Also, it's really weird that they had a conversation about Maria and concluded "yeah, MPD among young children is totally common, I know this because sometimes I LARPed and feel silly about it".

I assume they mean chunnibiyo type stuff. They're saying it's not weird Maria has imaginary friends and roleplays being sinister and supernatural around them, basically.

Aww yeah, there's my Battler.

All caught up :v:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

vector_to posted:

The chain lock makes this difficult, but what really kills it is how quickly everyone arrives at the scene this time. If we assume Kumasawa is an accomplice, it's possible to have the culprit hide in the room, then sneak out as Kanon checks the bathroom while he's not looking. Issue there is, they run straight into Natsuhi in the hallway.

As if getting the culprit out isn't enough, we also have to figure out who painted the door in the 5 minute window while Kanon and Genji were gone. As they go to fetch Kumasawa and Nanjo respectively, and Genji also grabs Natsuhi straight afterwards, this gives all the servants alibis for that time frame. It's also proof that none of the servants were inside the room waiting, which shatters any theory with the servants at the heart of it.

Hell, keep reading, and everyone arrives in groups. No-one we know of could have hidden in the room. No-one left through the window. You can't get through the door while it's chain locked. I'm going to assume that the door can't be chain-locked from the outside, and the final nail in the coffin is that Kanon checks the chain lock not only when he first arrives at the room, but also just before he cuts it with the bolt clippers.

I've got nothing this time.

Hey, there's one obvious explanation!

It was the witch.

:v:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

vector_to posted:

... I'm an idiot.

Kinzo's the culprit for this one. He's the only person who wasn't part of a group beforehand. I imagine Eva would be more than happy to let him in to talk inheritance, then she and Hideyoshi gets killed. He's still hiding in the room, which explains the chain lock.

Still not too sure on the blood on the door, but I'm sure I'll work something out.

I was waiting for you to spot that you'd excluded too many people :v:

Bholder posted:

So what was Kanon's plan again, to swap a bunch of butterflies with an axe?

Also, I know I shouldn't say this after seeing some genuine child beating, but I love the part where Battler had enough of Maria's poo poo.

I have also been waiting for the reader's maria sympathy rollercoaster to get going.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

If it's going by the "cold iron" logic then it implies Beatrice can just be shanked. I question if Kanon's ever tried to stab a butterfly before because it seems improbable.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

They're not so small as to be unreadable, and there's some great animations, so the smallest is fine.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

It could still be Kinzo.

He's just been reanimated as a zombie.

By the witch :v:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

EagerSleeper posted:

Kanon is 14.

I'm pretty sure he's confirmed 16 in the opening section of ep 1 alone.

Also, on the subject of Kanon, you're all missing out on his permanent waiter-arm that he had in the original game. It's just not the same without his arm awkwardly jutting out at a perfect right angle at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

White Shadow also links to HANE (Feathers) again.

• Locked thread