Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I can assume that Ronove has stupidly smug and flamboyant voice and dialect right, I'd be disappointed if he didn't. Also loving that the whole point of that scene was just so Beatrice could confirm that it's gonna get much weirder from here, so hold on to your butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

ProfessorProf posted:

Would the thread like a video of the scene to hear Ronove's dulcet tones in the real world?

I actually kind of want to leave it to my imagination, but why not. There might not be another chance to hear it anyway.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Must've suck for people reading the last LP being blue-balled here until they played it themselves, waited for this LP, or the worst of all watched the terrible anime.

Anybody here follow the older LP and didn't see anything beyond this point?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Sindai posted:

Me. I'm too lazy to play a VN.

I watched the anime but all I remember is that after reaching this part it goes completely insane.

I started/tried watching the show along side this LP until I accidentally spoiled all the last 3 servants deaths of episode 1, then I decided it was a bad idea since this VN/LP has done everything better anyway.

Now I am curious how this game ramps up when it's pretty batshit insane already.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Regardless of if witches are real or not, Kinzo is a real piece of poo poo. For a moment I was thinking that Krauss was just a little less terrible being just behind Kinzo in this race to be the most terrible person in this, this update is just Kinzo getting boost power and taking the shortcut. But hey this race is far from over, I this Krauss still has a chance to out rear end in a top hat him who knows (probably not).

Edit: also the last music link goes straight to YouTube.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 6, 2016

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Kinzo being set on fire is a pretty great metaphor since he was the first to die here, good job dipshit.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
That was a really drawn out way to have a sixth sacrifice only to just put them behind another locked door, man Fate/Stay Night was dumb. :words:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This update has some good music, also I love that Golden Slaughter gets cut off when Battler starts having enough of this bullshit and Beatrice has a look on her face saying "I may have gone too far in a few places".

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

CottonWolf posted:

Or the old favourite, "heart attack".

Little did anyone know, one of Kinzo's hobbies include climbing inside boilers and curling into a ball and making one of the servants help him out. Unfortunately they were all dead, and when the boiler turned on by its auto-timer his heart couldn't take it. :rip:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I have absolutely zero knowledge of Japanese so the Six Characters is a no go for me. Although what both Evas seem to to be concluding is that it's down water toward the ocean, and I have a feeling it has to do with either the beaches around the Island or the shrine just off the Island (or was that part of the Island?). Also Island is six characters in English, but I know that's a coincidence.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Congratulations! :golfclap:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Clearly I was too quick on the draw with this, because these two scenes are similar in that the were not real.

This really has been uplifting for a while, glad Kinzo dying first had such "positive results. Which is to say definitely not a break from the murders to give the audience a chance to settle in for some crazy poo poo. Well, that game had a pretty abrupt ending but it I enjoyed it for what it was. Thanks for the LP Prof.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Well that went from kind of hosed up, to really hosed up, to sad, to pathetic, then to disturbing. Pretty eventful update if you ask me. Happy Holidays everyone!

Edit: Guess what LP I just finished.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 25, 2016

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

Rosa's and Maria's deaths were much different then all the other deaths so far. No real mystery or locked rooms on them. No occult stuff ether. Rosa fell on a fence and Maria was strangled.

It's also the first death(s) where the victims were left outside of a building.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This is neat and all, but we all know it's just going to result in "Hideyoshi heard gunshots while escaping with a cart, armed couple found dead. News at 1:00(or was it 2:00?)." Although I must admit I was tempted to add DESTROYED over that last screenshot.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I was really hoping the Seven Sisters would be the worst characters in this, but Umineko has to go say "no we can top these giant wastes of time with Terminator Vocaloids now." The point is someone died, so just like the Seven Sister I'm gonna pretend they never show up.

Edit: I do appreciate the G Gundam reference so I will say they're a little bit above the Seven Sisters, but still a waste of time.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 29, 2016

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
It means Battler cannot even fathom the point, let alone existence, of an Endless Witch being something that contradicts itself so blatantly. Too him it's like finding out his pretentious vegan neighbor loves to eat kittens on a daily basis, yeah it's not impossible but they should stop claiming to be vegan since by definition they are not.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I don't want to derail the DEEN hate train, but Tonkatsu DJ is pretty loving hilarious. Other than that, yeah they make some ugly rear end cartoons and are pretty bad at adapting poo poo as far as I've seen.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Guess we can put Krauss on the list of people who turned out lovely due to Kinzo, that tallies up to 18 people so far I'd say.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I feel like this is finally leading to what happens to Witch Magic used in front of people like Battler who don't believe in it. Since this Battler, I'll call him Battler 3: The Revenge, has been able to 'solve' all of the murders as far as we can tell unlike our first 2 Battlers that have had had trouble believing whats right in front of them on multiple occasions. But I'm probably being too optimistic for the not final chapter of a story where everyone actually dies at the end each time.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Did Battler just send Evatrice to his Fiddy-Zone? The Battler-zone?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I think Battler's parents set up a plan to squeeze answers out of Hideyoshi by stealing his cigs, convincing him to go on a "food" run, then offering a cigarette to calm down and talk without Eva. It seems likely that Hideyoshi was already having thoughts about changing sides, so Eva didn't want the secret of her alibi to get out so she had to make a move.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
May as well get my dumb theory out of the way before Beato answers for us. I noticed that when Battler asked about Multiple personalities she denied Jessica doing it and not Eva's body. So I'm gonna say it was the Eva Beatrice personality that killed Nanjo using Eva's body. She did so under the supervision of Battler, but just under his nose so that Nanjo could see this happening and Battler could not. Obviously Jessica could not see this happening, but it would have to be quiet enough that at least Battler could not hear it since it would have happened just before a door was shut while Jessica may or may not have discovered what happened.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Aw beans, I must've missed this one. Well if I were in Battler's shoes in this situation, assuming Beatrice wasn't about to save my sorry rear end. It would be the point where I call for a break till I have an argument, and by that I mean procrastinate for an eternity. Probably sitting at the tea table going "hmm" for the first 200 years. If none of that works out I'd probably whine like loosing in Mario Party due to some monopoly bullshit and drag it out for eternity. Those games make me angry.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I found the first twist pretty of this update pretty loving obvious, not so much on Ange busting through the window(?) but that was supposed to be out of loving nowhere so I haven't really felt the twist of the knife at all.

Until this poo poo at least. :wtc:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This whole decade time skip makes more sense when you realize it took that long for Beatrice resorting to convincing Battler that anime is real and your friend.

Why do I get the feeling Ange is the main character now and Battler is just gonna sit in the corner after being so thoroughly and emotionally owned?

I forgot to mention the best part of the update is the credits simply saying "All the Goats"

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 8, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Just out of curiosity is this turn heel the reason why people like Episode 3? Cause in all honesty until this point I thought it was kinda bad, but this makes up for it in my opinion. Especially this:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

oath2order posted:

It's a big reason, yes. Though the Logic Battles are definitely a big appeal of the series, and episode 3 has them in spades. If Pheonix Wright Style logical turnabouts and twists don't do it for you, then I don't know. I do wonder if maybe something is lost in the LP format, since the music really does keep things hype as gently caress.

It's also probably the best paced arc in the question arcs, with really no boring scenes. Pretty much every chapter contains some new major twist to the characters or our understanding of what's going on. Unlike 10 updates of Battler sexually harassing his cousins and 7 of Shannon's relationship woes, we pretty much get straight to it.

Just thinking about it I think it was Eva Beatrice that killed it for me. Yes her being there is the whole reason and build up for the Witch Wrestling Turn Heel at the end, but once she became "the villain" it just got too wacky for me which is the point in retrospect. I do agree with your reasons why Episode 3 is good so maybe if I was playing it at my own pace I'd like it more, although I actually liked the backstory build up before poo poo hits the fan. Well mostsome of it.

I am glad Eva Beatrice has hosed off into oblivion so Episode 4 will start off right.

Rodyle posted:

Please now look forward to Episode 4, which has the worst pacing of the Question Arcs.

poo poo.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I really like this update, especially seeing Lambdadelta changing her tone once Berkenstien leaves. It really makes me think that she's putting up a fake, ignorant, cute poker face on her impatience running thin. Like some Godfather lecturing their nephew about giving Battler and offer he can't refuse instead being smug about the game still going on after a really risky move. I'm also glad resurgam40 is still posting.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Didn't it just imply that Eva bribed the police off? I do think it's weird to think they expect anyone to believe that the other 17 killed each other and/or themselves, but to be fair the public thinks that's complete bullshit which is part of why she turned out the way she did.

Also did Ange just leap through time off the building? If she did, I like to think Bern put her right outside the window she smashed through. Jump back in time 12 years through granddads lovely window is a pretty funny first appearance.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

halfhazardKnight posted:

It's actually Kinzo. He wants to be a great father/grandfather but he keeps screwing up to a comical degree.

Is there a prequel sitcom series starring Kinzo that I'm not aware of? What would it be called, Everybody Loves Kinzo?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Whatever way you go about watching Higurashi, don't do what I did and watch the anime only to find out that you watched season 2 (answers arc) first because you decided not to look up anything about it and missed the subtitle of the show's name. I really hope no one has made the much worse mistake of doing this and seeing anything made after season 2 cause hot drat are those garbage.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Aumanor posted:

...I think Eva's managed to out-terrible Kinzo.

Maybe, but in the end this is all Kinzo's fault

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
So Kyrie's family, from what it sounds like, is like the opposite of the Urshiromiyas yet just as terrible. I guess it's good to know there may be a third contender for the biggest jerk in this story since another rich rear end family just showed up to exploit poor Ange.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

I love the Cowboy Bebop vibes from adding this onto a wacky chase scene. Feels like the next scene will go back to the plot of Battler, Ange, and Beatrice screaming at each other; but something tells me we have sit through Ange's lovely Life Being Flip Turned Upside Down: Part 8 before that happens.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

We're gonna be stuck with Ange and Memory-Maria for a while, aren't we?

Really feeling the bad pacing problems in this chapter, now they even take place in the Shadow Realm.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
As far as I'm concerned at this point the only thing we see that are real have to be outside of the island(catbox) and in the presence of multiple humans. I'm sure this will hold up for hmm... till the next update at best.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I kind of get the feeling that even if Battler wins everyone's still getting hosed over, like the future Ange comes from will refuse to change regardless. Maybe in this time loop or whatever you like to call it Eva eventually leaves the island regardless of any interference, and since she's more than a little familiar with Beatrice she could have been eventually screwed over by Ange on the game board. Which would explain why Eva hates Ange so much, although Eva might have just grown to be an old sack of poo poo because of her dead family.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Magic is a pretty convenient lie, seems like this time it just made accepting the truth so much harder. Also I forgot how to write in blue, anyone wanna an incompetent one out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

ProfessorProf posted:

Fixed + Italics = Blue.

Because of believing in magic; Ange, who thought she lost all hope, lost the hope she didn't even know she had. Thanks for the depression!

• Locked thread