Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/buYTaf7.gifv
Now airing Saturdays on DisneyXD, beginning September 24th at 8:30pm EST, with streaming available at WatchDisneyXD

LAST TIME, ON SEASON 2 OF STAR WARS REBELS: (Here's an official recap of Season 2, but to spare you all its cringe-worthy narration, here's a tl;dr with all the S3-relevant bits)
- Grand Moff Tarkin (Stephen Stanton) calls in Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) to deal with our heroes and he just, like, wrecks their poo poo to the extent that they're forced off the Season 1 locale of Lothal. They regroup with the Phoenix rebel cell, and, with former Jedi Ahsoka Tano (Ashley Eckstein) in tow, the team recruits new (old) allies like retired clone commander Rex (Dee Bradley Baker), Hera's freedom fighter dad Cham Syndulla (Robin Atkin Downes) and veteran pirate Hondo Ohnaka (Jim Cummings), in addition to meeting and defeating more members of the Empire's Inquisitorius. The rebels also acquire some new ships, like that carrier from Truce at Bakura and an orange, superlaser-firing B-Wing. It all comes to a head when a Force vision of Yoda (Frank Oz) tells Ezra Bridger (Taylor Gray), Kanan Jarrus (Freddie Prinze Jr), and Ahsoka to go to Malachor (of KotOR lore) in order to find a way of defeating the Sith. After helping to establish a temporary base for the Phoenix cell on the planet Atollon (aka planet of the giant McQuarrie spiders) they do so, finding an underground Sith temple. However, they almost instantly run into trouble in the form of more inquisitors and an older, enigmatic Darth Maul (Sam Witwer), who proceeds to lure Ezra over to the Dark Side with promises of power, before blinding Kanan and escaping in a TIE. Vader shows up with the intent of claiming the temple for the Emperor, but ends up locked in a stalemate with Tano, who is now aware of his true identity as her old master. Both are sealed within when the temple's superweapon (because naturally, it has one) overloads due to an incident with a Sith holocron that Ezra now possesses, though the two are seen walking free post-explosion, with Ahsoka's fate left a great deal more ambiguous than Vader's. Probably has something to do with that drat bird.

YUP, SOUNDS LIKE STAR WARS :rolleyes: :cheeky:, WHAT'S UP WITH SEASON 3?
- Well, the big hullabaloo this time out is that they're introducing EU darling Grand Admiral Thrawn (Lars Mikkelson) to Rebels and the canon Star Wars universe at large. Even around here, he's pretty well liked, so it's probably a good portent for the season as a whole. On top of that, there appears to be an increased focus on providing some sorely needed character development for the main cast, like the above-pictured Sabine Wren (Tiya Sircar), who is rumored to be getting more in touch with her Mandalorian heritage this season. Overall, positive outlooks abound!

WAIT, IS THAT A ROGUE ONE REFERENCE IN THE TITLE?!? AAAAAAA WHAT COULD IT MEAN?!?!
- Given that the show is still chronologically 2 years out from Rogue One and ANH at this point, probably nothing; I just liked the thread title (and thanks to PassTheRemote for that, by the way). Also, given that we will likely be mid-season when the film comes out, it's somewhat appropriate.

WHY THE ART TAG?
- It's a Thrawn thing.

ANY SUPPLEMENTARY STUFF I SHOULD CHECK OUT?
- The continually-excellent Rebels Recon, a companion series to each week's Rebels episode; features entertaining and insightful commentary from the series' creative leads, as well as amusing banter between host Andi Gutierrez and the Lucasfilm Story Group's own Pablo Hidalgo.
- StarWars.com's episode guides for the series, which contain high-res concept art, trivia, and selected pieces from Kevin Kiner's musical score.
- This goon-made list of essential Clone Wars episodes if you feel out of the loop due to all the characters from that series that are continuing to pop up in this one.
- Past threads for Seasons 1 and 2 of Rebels, as well as the last thread we had for The Clone Wars.
- [this space reserved for the thing I inevitably forgot]

Finally, Chopper's a dick. He also has a rocket in his butt

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I bought the Inquisitor's TIE and the Ghost expansion (Ghost + attack shuttle) from X-Wangs in preparation for this season, and probably gonna get Sabine's painted TIE, Shadowcaster, and the Protectorate Fighter when they're out/I can afford it. Oh, also all the Armada ships that have been in the show that are coming out, like the Cruiser and Phoenix Home.

poo poo's just that rad.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 14, 2016

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Man, that thing.

Here's hoping that it makes a return eventually, it was the swaggest TIE fighter. :cool:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Man, so hype.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Someone with Twitter ask Pablo what's behind the door in the back of the Ghost's cargo bay. Alternatively, where the bathroom refresher on the Ghost is.

The two might be related, come to think of it. That'd be pretty lovely (:rimshot:) design work by CEC though.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 14, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sounds like they need a refresher course on starship design

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Fetusslapper posted:

I never finished Outbound Flight. Was there a personal(like was he too emotional?) reason he was kicked out of the Chiss Ascendancy?

He analyzed the artwork of the Chiss and concluded they were vulnerable to betrayal by trusted allies. He tried to warn the Ascendancy but rather than listen, they turned on him and exiled him.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

*googles* That is... actually kind of surprising that we don't have interior blueprints for the Ghost yet, considering it is a "hero" ship and all.

But it's probably a closet or access to maintenance tubes or something. Or Chopper's Playdroid stash, that fiend :v:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sweet thread title :haw: High five, kefkafloyd :cool::hf::cool:

[edit] Oh wait, PassTheRemote coined it first. I'm such a failure :(

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 14, 2016

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hey, great minds think alike, etc. :)

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Seasons gonna own. Looking forward to chop owning, thrawn owning the rebels and ezra inevitably loving up.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Oh hey, they announced a soundtrack release for Seasons 1 and 2; personally, I find the music a bit hit-or-miss when it strives to be original and not just re-orchestrating Williams themes, but that string piece from last season's Lasat episode was pretty good, so I might take a dip on these.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
From the previous thread:

The Antilles Extraction

Super excited.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I just finished rewatching season two, and Chopper's solo episode is definitely one of the best. I hope we get to see Alan Rickmanbot again in S3.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DancinBrud posted:

I hope we get to see Alan Rickmanbot again in S3.

He's definitely still around, he was in the background at the rebel base right at the end of Twilight of the Apprentice.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
We know that a character from The Clone Wars made it into Rogue One. What do you think the odds are that the film will have a nod to Rebels? Even something as small as an offhand reference to the Ghost crew.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zoran posted:

We know that a character from The Clone Wars made it into Rogue One. What do you think the odds are that the film will have a nod to Rebels? Even something as small as an offhand reference to the Ghost crew.

Clearly Ezra is Rey's father.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gonz posted:

Clearly Ezra is Rey's father.

If Ezra is Rey's father and Luke is also Rey's father, which one would be m-preg?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Zoran posted:

0%

I would guess Whittaker's character mentions ahsoka offhand before a reference to rebels, and i put chances of that at about 0.0000001%

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sounds like they need a refresher course on starship design

I love Starfighters of Adumar. :allears:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

I love Starfighters of Adumar. :allears:

Thank god. I was afraid no one got the reference

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Oh hey, new thread! New trailers! As much as I liked Asohka the show won't be living in her shadow this season and I'm ready for the crew to face new challenges. I wasn't as big of a fan of Thrawn as some of my friends but these writers seem in tune with his character and he'll make a good addition to the show. If he can be the Deathshead of this series, I'll be very happy.

teagone posted:

Sweet thread title :haw: High five, kefkafloyd :cool::hf::cool:

[edit] Oh wait, PassTheRemote coined it first. I'm such a failure :(

Eh, it's all right, when everyone was making suggestions I had searched the thread and thought I was in the clear when I posted. Turns out searching for "rose" was the flaw. :v: Grats to PassTheRemote.

Cross-Section posted:

Hey, great minds think alike, etc. :)

Also this!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A good OP, although you should change that first .gif into a .gifv, it'll load much quicker (being much smaller) by getting rid of the [img] tags around it and add a v to the end of the url.

Season 3 should be good, they're in a good place for the show, plus we have Mads Mikkelsen in Rogue One and Lars Mikkelsen in this, tons of Danish fun.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

kefkafloyd posted:

Oh hey, new thread! New trailers! As much as I liked Asohka the show won't be living in her shadow this season and I'm ready for the crew to face new challenges. I wasn't as big of a fan of Thrawn as some of my friends but these writers seem in tune with his character and he'll make a good addition to the show. If he can be the Deathshead of this series, I'll be very happy.

I just hope Thrawn keeps the dopey art analysis and the Sherlock Holmes-ian smug explanations. Honestly the Empire could stand to be a little more frightening too so hopefully he'll get some big wins.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Vitamin P posted:

I just hope Thrawn keeps the dopey art analysis and the Sherlock Holmes-ian smug explanations.

I don't, because it sounds like EU rear end, and Rebels has done a good job of avoiding all the ridiculous poo poo that now only appears on wookiepedia and salty NOT MY CANON forums.

He can keep the wins though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

From previous thread:

Cross-Section posted:

New thread's up, take all your hot Thrawn discussions there.

So...what do you guys think of me?

I'm obviously super psyched about this season.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'm still miffed he's already a Grand Admiral.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

New clip with Bendu, voiced by Tom Baker.

Interesting that Ashla and Bogan are popping up here, wouldn't be surprised if Tython got name-dropped as well. Also liking the ambiguity about the Force that they're introducing with this character, reminds me of KotOR 2 a bit.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 15, 2016

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Cross-Section posted:

Interesting that Ashla and Bogan are popping up here, wouldn't be surprised if Tython got name-dropped as well. Also liking the ambiguity about the Force that they're introducing with this character, reminds me of KotOR 2 a bit.

Ashla and Bogan are terms that have been around since the first few drafts of Lucas' original scripts, so it's in keepig with the whole "going back to the well" theme that Rebels has had from day one. Tython, AFAIK, is a relatively recent addition. That's not saying it won't pop up, of course.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dave Syndrome posted:

Ashla and Bogan are terms that have been around since the first few drafts of Lucas' original scripts, so it's in keepig with the whole "going back to the well" theme that Rebels has had from day one. Tython, AFAIK, is a relatively recent addition. That's not saying it won't pop up, of course.

Same with Bendu. In the original script, Jedi were called the Jedi Bendu.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

"Ashla" popped up in the Lasat episode last season, too. It was basically what they called their Force tradition. Love that this stuff is getting folded back in.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I hope somebody pulls a Bindo.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cross-Section posted:

That sounded loving awesome.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I normally dislike "grey side of the force" stuff, but judging by that clip this might at least turn out better than the crap that was Kreia and Kotor 2.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Chickenwalker posted:

That sounded loving awesome.

That's because it's Tom loving Baker and he can make anything sound amazing and epic. :allears:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I've never read any old EU stuff but am expecting to enjoy Thrawn, assuming his writing is more than a series of nods to Zahn's books (I would be surprised if it falls into that trap).

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well there is a new trilogy of Thrawn books that Zahn is currently writing, so no doubt they sat down and talked about everything in great detail before he was added to Rebels.
http://www.starwars.com/news/qa-with-timothy-zahn
There was a video at the Celebration reveal too, talking about Zahn and Rebels and Filoni but I'm on mobile and can't find it right now.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I normally dislike "grey side of the force" stuff, but judging by that clip this might at least turn out better than the crap that was Kreia and Kotor 2.

Kreia wasn't grey. She was out and out Sith, but claimed to be grey to confuse you and open you to the Dark Side. :colbert:

That said, I prefer the idea that Jedi practice peace and tranquility for practical reasons, rather than the silly idea that being angry is a bad reason to do things.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheCenturion posted:

Kreia wasn't grey. She was out and out Sith, but claimed to be grey to confuse you and open you to the Dark Side. :colbert:

That said, I prefer the idea that Jedi practice peace and tranquility for practical reasons, rather than the silly idea that being angry is a bad reason to do things.

Hard to be Sith when your whole goal is to destroy the Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bad Moon posted:

Hard to be Sith when your whole goal is to destroy the Force

Destroy the Force = Ending all life in the universe

• Locked thread