Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Good killing Bob. I was saying since there's interest in this game again, we should organize like everyone making a Lvl 1 guy and playing through the game together.

i'm down. i love this loving game

also i never knew how much survivability i had until i tried something totally different. my sword n board marauder has so much armor+life+regen that he's basically the terminator and if anything manages to hurt him at all he instantly heals, but my mages have died all over act 3 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Good killing Bob. I was saying since there's interest in this game again, we should organize like everyone making a Lvl 1 guy and playing through the game together.

I'm down as hell

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah I'll download it again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have a bunch of skills that increase my physical damage. Gems that convert part of my physical damage to to elemental damage, does that happen before or after I get the physical bonus? In other words, will I just not get as great a damage bonus, or will that damage bonus be converted to elemental damage?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

i'm down. i love this loving game

also i never knew how much survivability i had until i tried something totally different. my sword n board marauder has so much armor+life+regen that he's basically the terminator and if anything manages to hurt him at all he instantly heals, but my mages have died all over act 3 lmao

There's a reason the demand for Shavronnes is so huge

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I would say a currency stash tab is another must buy. I use a premium tab labeled $ at the moment and it only takes like a week of playing before it's almost full of currency.

I guess if you didn't hoard wisdom scrolls you wouldn't have my problem

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Also I would say a currency stash tab is another must buy. I use a premium tab labeled $ at the moment and it only takes like a week of playing before it's almost full of currency.

I guess if you didn't hoard wisdom scrolls you wouldn't have my problem

youre retarded

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have a bunch of skills that increase my physical damage. Gems that convert part of my physical damage to to elemental damage, does that happen before or after I get the physical bonus? In other words, will I just not get as great a damage bonus, or will that damage bonus be converted to elemental damage?

it's after the physical bonus, so you deal even more elemental damage in proportion to your physical

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's after the physical bonus, so you deal even more elemental damage in proportion to your physical
Noice. I'm gonna mess around with my skills.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre somehow overflowing with currency after putting in 300 hours in one week like retard larry you can also trade up, the vendors let you buy the next currency tier w/ nearly everything. ex. 3x wis for portal, 7x portal for transmute etc.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be fair I was talking about my Standard tabs... Who doesn't have a bajillion worthless tabs in Standard.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i delete all my standard characters

also in training hmu when you're in the 40s lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i delete all my standard characters

also in training hmu when you're in the 40s lol

drat i love big numbers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I went heavy into claw weapons but i keep getting claws high int requirements. hope i didnt mess up going 100% dex

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah if you want lots of crit you need an int investment as well, there are nodes (nerds?) that just give you +20/30 int and stuff so dont sweat it too much

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

drat i love big numbers

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo. There's a miniboss in the Labyrinth named Argus that is possibly one of the most annoying assholes ever. He spams blood rage and charge and does like 800 physical damage a hit. I had to leave the area to get more charges like twice to kill him, heavily abusing blink arrow sometimes making the AI retarded

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All I got was a measly treasure key

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the bonus treasure key is awesome because you're lucky if the boss drops more than 1 lol. but yeah the optional bosses in the lab do nooot gently caress around at all

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't have lightning penetration or conductivity on hit so Izaro hosed my lightning arrow guy pretty hard. Good waste of an hour IMO. I got like 4 levels in there

Maybe I'll buy Fortify and just use that for bosses since none of them resist physical as much as they do elemental

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the lab is pretty easy to clear in like 10 minutes but it's also really fun to fully explore and find all the secret chests and poo poo, i love it. it's just really lovely that if you die once that's it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

the lab is pretty easy to clear in like 10 minutes but it's also really fun to fully explore and find all the secret chests and poo poo, i love it. it's just really lovely that if you die once that's it

I have a compulsion where I usually full clear every area, even in Normal. so the lab takes me ages

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Thinking about getting back into this too. Considering a marauder 2h axe cyclone build, are they still any good?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think Cyclone is considered the best aoe melee skill any more because melee splash support got buffed and so did stuff like lightning strike. So you could do infernal strike or viper strike and have it be competitive now

Cyclone is still good I'm just saying you can do almost anything that involves hitting people melee and it will be capable of beating merciless

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Where can I buy Portal Scrolls? I'm supposed to be able to get that from Nessa, but she just gives me Wisdom scrolls in exchange for Wisdom scrolls, not Portal scrolls.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Where can I buy Portal Scrolls? I'm supposed to be able to get that from Nessa, but she just gives me Wisdom scrolls in exchange for Wisdom scrolls, not Portal scrolls.

should be on her first tab next to the other currencies

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

You buy currencies with other ones as opposed to vendor recipes were you sell certain things in exchange for something else

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, right. That makes sense. Thanks!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

did they increase unique rates again cause i've seriously found like 5 in cruel lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

makin a zombie queen next

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

thanks in advance for giving me this item :D

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

This is part of an endgame build lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

good killing guys, sorry i have to work all night. the other day i was playing this with rediscov and realized it was like 6am lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat fine sesh. I dont think 2h barbarian guy is as fun as dual wielding shadow but I havent gotten a whole lot of abilities yet so it may open up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

drat fine sesh. I dont think 2h barbarian guy is as fun as dual wielding shadow but I havent gotten a whole lot of abilities yet so it may open up.

i think in a2 you get an ability called sunder, it shoots an anime wave out that hits hard, and the hits cause shockwaves for even more dmg so it completely shreds groups. you also get an earthquake and poo poo, they added way more interesting high level melee skills

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think in a2 you get an ability called sunder, it shoots an anime wave out that hits hard, and the hits cause shockwaves for even more dmg so it completely shreds groups. you also get an earthquake and poo poo, they added way more interesting high level melee skills

Noice. Im also waiting for the atk speed inrease so I can stack green bonus gems on leap and use it to just comically flatten people around the map, which is something that pops up in a2 from what I remember.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I might level a bit more but I don't mind redoing content because they have streamlined the lovely parts

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why you gotta ruin our sync bro

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Cause summoners are always a little weak to start and I'll add a lot more to the party with a few more pets. I'm not going to blow out act 2 or anything, just get some whites to tayne orb up and test out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just fought a boss in titan quest who can kill me in one hit, and read online that you need an unrealistic amount of stun resistance for this difficulty to be able to survive him. [italian chef kissing fingers] epic.

• Locked thread