Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i didnt read the tread but nge is really good and im gay for the fuckboi angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Germstore posted:

sorry, but the following animes are exempt from goon scorn:

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
That Miyazaki one with the cat thing.
That Miyazaki one with the pig dude.
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The first half of Cowboy Bebop

samurai champloo
space dandy
one punch man

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

nomadologique posted:

the original ending to the show is perfect. replacing those two episodes with storyline stuff is a travesty meant to placate the unimaginative, who think the show is literally about giant robots, rather than an extended and deranged expression of individual suffering. god forfend some dork deign to have feelings.

they are both good and show physical and metaphysical/psychological aspects of what ever the person fusing thing is called

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
oh yah totally agree

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

This cartoon is for retards. Just reminding you idiots who lack the capacity to know any better.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

nge is good

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

skasion posted:

Nah

The joke of the ending is that Shinji finally decided that it's better to exist as an individual than to seek extinction, but now that everybody else has tried the extinction of individual identity they like it more than they liked being alive and the only people who forsake the primordial sludge to take on human shape again are hosed up sadbrain losers like him and Asuka. The ending is about how just realizing that you want to exist rather than die will not make your life good or fun.

yep its either this or shinji just really wanted to choke a bitch

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

skasion posted:

Its this too. Tang overdose turned him into a ken doll and now asphyxiation is the only way he can attain arousal

dunno bout that sleep creep seems to do it for him too

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

The Dennis System posted:

I found the Shinji choking Asuka stuff very disturbing and not consistent with Shinji's character. I didn't get what the point of that was at all.. Shinji is weak and fearful, he's not supposed to be a psycho.

i think its a good scene cause its so open to interpretation like you could see it as proof that seele was right and humans just cause each other to suffer or as him trying to reassert his individual existence by destroying hers or whatevs

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

I AM THE TOILET posted:

cagliostro is a bad movie and a very bad lupin movie

i'm not loving lying he is so out of character in that loving overhyped piece of poo poo and besides everyone creams themselves over MIYAZAKI-SAN, which is the real reason weebs even loving remember that turd

it did gangbusters in japan because of the girl and they loooooooove tugging it to questionably underage cartoon ladies over there; dunno if you've heard about this

please to not insult glorious nippon china has never and will never own the senkaku islands

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Chrs Gry posted:

No but my ex-girlfriend once said that I was retarded and wrong because I thought the last few episodes of the series were poo poo even though she insisted that they were genius and that I just didn't get it.

I did get it though, they ran out of budget so had to make whatever the gently caress that poo poo was instead of End of Eva.

congrats on your juvenile refusal to engage with or in introspective analysis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Devils Affricate posted:

I wasn't a very sad kid when I was younger so NGE didn't really appeal to me. The way Shinji and Asuka treated each other made me feel bad, and I just kept thinking that if this guy chilled out a little and wasn't such a sad sack about everything he might actually be able to have some fun with the whole situation. I mean yeah, his dad and the corporation he works for are bent on ending humanity and regardless of who gets their way something terrible is going to happen, but all he knows is that he gets to be a robot pilot with 2 cute girls. Chin up, kid. At least the gay angel at the end was nice to him.

yeah man i wish i got to live in a dystopia and hang out with anthropomorphic personality disorders and drown in goo so i could mind meld with a giant monster/human clone sounds like a blast

• Locked thread