Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The TV ending is much better than the grandiose movie ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Nathilus posted:

Seele absolutely does get what they want, for a while at least. Humanity is merged with the powers of both progenitors in EoE and that is seele's preferred endgame. The god that they create kills itself though, so they only get immortality of a sort rather than that plus unlimited cosmic power.
Yeah see this is worse than the original ending where a young man comes to grips with his problems and is congratulated for it by supportive family members and friends.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

When I watch 2.22, I keep thinking it's shinji's dream and he wakes up for it at one point since it's so different but nope, I guess it's supposed to be real.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

personable decorum posted:

Rei was purely an object in the anime.
Yeah that's kinda the point. I only learned just recently that "best girl" and waifu wars started because of the dumb rei vs asuka favoritism.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Accepting the rebuild as a generic giant robot show, what really bugs me is that they changed the original logo. However, i can see how it looks more fitting for a sleek, modern robot show so I suppose it fits.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

garfield hentai posted:

I think Eva fans should check out Jojo, there's a lot of similarities. Just like Eva is a show ostensibly about robots that's really about depression, Jojo is a show ostensibly about cool guys beating up other cool guys that's really about cool guys beating up other cool guys

I like both of these series. I think you're onto something here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

icantfindaname posted:

i'm a confirmed anime liker, but anime cgi is something that nobody wants. please don't go there

Cel shading is really cool and good, actually.

• Locked thread