Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Dennis System posted:

I think the most weeb anime might be Death Note.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

RicochetD20 posted:

I haven't watched anime in a long time, but after reading this thread I decided to watch one of the remake movies. I had a weeblapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtUpWihJJJ4

Watch this instead. More realistic human reactions.

Its totally a parody

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

I've always taken the core story of Evangelion about the courage it takes to be a person, separate, with the unending pain and conflict that can cause.

Shinji, and humanity, are given the false serenity and apotheosis of merger, but the real path to spiritual growth is the neverending separation and having to contact others through that chasm in understanding that existing as a separate entity entails.

Technically, it works with the qabalistic imagery of Evangelion: the ultimate serenity and wholeness offered to Shinji is what Seele thinks of as Kether, the world before manifestation. But Kether actually translates as "the circular path", being the path without end. When the Seele leader, while dying, quotes from the Sefir Yetzirah, saying "The Beginning and the Ending Meet in the Same Place", he misses the point entirely.

I fell asleep halfway through this post.

Im literally sleep-posting.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Isnt this Adam in Antarctica:

I dont think he was ever on the moon. The White Moon is the "egg" of Adam, a transport vessel created by the First Ancestral Race to send Adam to Earth. The White Moon formed a spherical underground cavity of gigantic size termed a "GeoFront", which was later codenamed "GF-01" (GeoFront-01).

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Leroy Dennui posted:

Isn't the Black Moon the Geofront, and the White Moon Earth's moon?

The "Black Moon" transport containing a second Seed of Life, Lilith, accidentally crash landed onto Earth. Two Seeds are not meant to exist on the same planet, and in the event that this accidentally occurs a Spear of Longinus which all Seeds are accompanied with should inactivate one Seed. However, the Spear accompanying Lilith was destroyed in the crash, leaving Adam's Spear as the only functional one on Earth. Thus, Adam was placed into suspended animation by its own Spear of Longinus, and the progeny of Lilith populated the planet instead of Angels.

This is all from http://evangelion.wikia.com/

"GeoFront" is the publicly used term to describe a massive subterranean cavity.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

XenophobicAirport posted:

At some point Steele must have had Adam transported off the white moon in space and into Antarctica to kick things off for second impact/experiments. The only evidence I have for this is from Rebuild, which is speculated to be a time loop fuckery of the original where things are playing out differently. They havent quite got him off the moon yet in Rebuild:

Yes.
No

"GeoFront" is the publicly used term to describe a massive subterranean cavity, specifically the GeoFront underneath Tokyo-3 (site of pre-Second Impact Hakone). However, unknown to the public is that the GeoFront is actually not a naturally occurring structure, but the "Black Moon" of the Angel Lilith. Also unrevealed to the public was that there was actually another GeoFront discovered in Antarctica, identical to the first: the "White Moon" of Adam. The NERV Headquarters building complex was built in the center of the GeoFront, and indeed the entire NERV HQ complex and support city of Tokyo-3 were built in Hakone so that they could be constructed around the GeoFront, containing Lilith.

• Locked thread