Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Dennis System posted:

I've seen the original series and the End of Evangelion, but I don't understand what the hell was even going on in that show. Maybe someone here could explain the show to me and answer a couple of questions?

1 - What are the angels and what are their goals?

2 - What are the Evas?

3 - Who is Lillith?

4 - Who is Adam?

5 - What is Seele and what are it's goals?

6 - What is NERV and what are it's goals?

7 - What is Gendo's goal?

8 - Why is the final Angel a humanoid? All the other Angels are giant, super-monsters, so why does this Angel suddenly look like a human?

9 - What was the purpose of the Impacts?

I have many more questions, but I think the above are the most important. Anyone?

evas are like...synthetic angels or something. they've got fleshy bits mixed in with all the circuitry and crap. adam was the first angel, and any time he pops up the planet kinda shits itself something fierce. Lillith is another angel and humans apparently are her offspring. Don't ask me how.

Seele wants everyone to share one collective consciousness and live forever. They want to be the orange goo forever. NERV/Gendo wants to be reuinited with Yui because Gendo got tired of banging the younger blonde that worked for him.

The final angel is a humanoid because it's loving cool, that's why. Humans are spooky.

Impacts are code for whenever Adam pops up and accidentally destroys stuff, usually. Exceptions made in the Rebuild movies, but gently caress if I understand that poo poo.

Lemme drink a few more beers and I'll get REALLY in depth.

EDIT:

WitchFetish posted:

The only thing worth knowing is that Asuka is best girl, while Rei is poop that smells like garbage (and poop).

Misato is best Lady tho.

This works a lot better than my answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nathilus posted:

Each eva has the pilot's mom inside. Except 00. I have no idea about 00. An earlier rei maybe. Eventually the figure out how to automate evas with reis whether they have a soul or not. That's the dummy plug system. This works cuz rei is a subset of lilith. Presumably she has overrides embedded in her by nature. It's kinda weird though because as we've said, evas are from adam, not lilith.

Unit 00 I've always understood has another Rei inside it, yeah. Part of the reason why its initial activations went so poorly; you wake up one day and you're suddenly a bio-robo-pseudo-god, with a tiny clone of yourself controlling you from inside your neck. You try and tell me that you don't lose all composure and try to murder your creator.

Eva is a weird show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe the blue hair and red eyes come from Lilith. Kaworu, who is also an angel, has a similarish hair/eye coloration.

• Locked thread