Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The way I understand it, the angels were a type of organism that took a different evolutionary path then humans. They want to merge with Adam to trigger some kind of of jump to the next stage of evolution.

Supposedly humans are fighting to stop this, but Gendo is a selfish bastard that wants to be with his wife and is trying to make it play out a certain way.

The Evas are clones of angels with human souls somehow sealed inside. Unit 01 had Shinjis mom inside, Unit 02 had Reis moms soul in turn.

Theres a lot of other :psyduck: stuff but the gist is that we're all orange goo wrapped inside forcefields made up of our egoes and the juicy center is part of some superorganism that is meant to merge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wasn't the woman who did the english dub for Asuka also a turbo weeaboo? I mean I suppose it figures.

For all the navel-gazing, my favorite aspect of the show was the most uncreative; the monster-of-the-week aspect of the Angels where each one had a different gimmick that needed to be overcome. A few were just generic monsters that needed to be beat down, but one was an isohedron with a deathstar laser, one was microscopic, one looked like a human, one hung out in orbit and mind raped you, etc. The best thing they could've done with the show is instead of saying "17 angels total, all must be stopped for us to do our own version of instrumentality" just say "A shitload of angels, we don't know how many, SEELE says they have Top Men on the problem"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Something I never understood was how the main production Evas were magically able to come back to life after Asuka murdered all of them. The whole scene of her taking out 9? Evas in 5 minutes was pretty badass, but after she runs out of juice it turns out that they just come back to life and disembowel unit 02 :stare: .

How exactly were they able to do that?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Where did you get this from? Its pretty cool, we only get glimpses if what the evas look like without their armor.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I thought the fight against Zeruel was the best angel fight. Each Eva desperately fighting it while that spy dude is just chillin out watering his watermelons :smug:.

Also the fact that both evas and angels have bright red blood like humans made it feel much more nauseating. They're are literal tidal waves of blood washing through geofront nearly every battle.

Gendo almost gets smashed by unit 01s dismembered arm and doesn't even flinch.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Man they really need to make a cgi Manga style series, because the bits they do in the intros look good. I've only seen stardust crusaders but the cg intro bits were great. I'd love to see a whole series done in that style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DoctorStrangelove posted:

And that episode where Asuka gets sent into the volcano is the basis for inflation fetishism.

Fetlife profile
Fetishes:
Inflation
Volcanoes (everything about them)

• Locked thread