Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I remember watching that in high school and thinking it was stupid and filled with overwrought symbolism the author didn't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
At least when you're banging your head against a table while reading Nathaniel Hawthorne you know he's moderately competent at christian symbolism.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

I loved the poo poo out of it, which is why I remember so much of this bs. But then I've always been a pretentious twat. :unsmith:

You need taste to be pretentious. Don't worry about it.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Nobody does, OP, but you can easily spot people who are super up their own rear end because they pretend to.

Dude wasn't Faulkner man. He wasn't that hard to figure out.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently some people have opinions about this poo poo.

Talk about loving losers.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Reading this thread is like listening to a book report in middle school.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think Japanese people have a good handle on fiction. Some of them don't know that I am a Cat is supposed to be satire and they think it's actually about a cat.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
No see, this anime is really deep because I'm a manchild that's never read a book in my entire life that was assigned outside of middle school.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

americong posted:

the biggest point of criticism of nge i've found myself agreeing with is that there was very little anno gained in terms of "the point" by showing 12 year old girls get groomed and/or sexually assaulted as they wage war against aliens

the point could have been conveyed more clearly (obviously bunches of people don't get it) and without resorting to that kind of depiction (which, you know, is kind of creepy, and counterproductive)

Look at this motherfucker. Is there any possibility he's not a total creep? No, no there isn't. Just look at his AV.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You people need help. Professional help.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There has not been a wedgie invented that would satisfy what you deserve for that post.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
This cartoon is for retards. Just reminding you idiots who lack the capacity to know any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There is nobody that is a fan of this show that cannot be categorized as a weeaboo loser. It's not good. It's has no intellectual depth. The characters are annoying and the narrative is trite at best. One could actually argue it makes one stupider for having wasted the time to view it.

• Locked thread