Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

americong posted:

my favorite part of evangelion is that rei and asuka were designed from the ground to display the toxic side of infatuation + adolescent male sexuality and also to be a big gently caress you to creepy anime fans

and they are the most-remembered, most-influential, most-doujinshi'd elements of the show

we've had twenty years of asuka clones in anime because nobody got the joke

The point was missed so bad, it created its own anime-girl sub-trope

e: a part that I liked about the show was the last two episodes which where just psychological evaluations of the three kids. It was like "gently caress the ambiguos plot because it makes no sense. Let's focus on fixing the broken main character" - which was oddly refreshing (the things budget problems can do).
The whole show was about how Shinji is a depressed kid who doesn't see any value in his life and the plot is kinda built around that. As a teen, who had a similar problem, watching Shinji finding a reason to live was uplifting :shobon:

Aaaand now I lost all hope for recognition for liking an anime.

Solar Tornado fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread