Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
yeah i do

it's a show that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Shinjobi posted:

Unit 00 I've always understood has another Rei inside it, yeah. Part of the reason why its initial activations went so poorly; you wake up one day and you're suddenly a bio-robo-pseudo-god, with a tiny clone of yourself controlling you from inside your neck. You try and tell me that you don't lose all composure and try to murder your creator.

Eva is a weird show.

Unit 00 has Ritsuko's mom inside of it

She hates rei for calling her an "old hag" so that's why she bashed unit 00's head against the wall while rei was testing it

gendo called ritsuko's mom an old hag originally, young rei overheard it and then repeated it in the presence of ritsuko's mom, causing her to murder suicide with young rei

Rei is then cloned again before the series begins

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

vols bitch posted:

anime is harem you nerds

tenchi muyo is a harem comedy

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Dely Apple posted:

The answer is that it was a poorly budgeted show with a lot of Christian imagery put in because they liked it (the way we might cluelessly put in Japanese imagery poorly into our own shows or onto drunk people's tattoos.)

the lack of budget made it so there wasn't as much animation in the last two episodes but it was stylistic and it was cool af so it all worked out

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

B.H. Facials posted:

Has anybody seen the Rebuild of Evangelion films? Are they any good?

they own and the music is awesome

but yeah a lot of poo poo is poorly explained, but I think that's by design

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Apparently some people have opinions about this poo poo.

Talk about loving losers.

itt some people are very mad about a show that others enjoy

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The show would have been much, much better if they actually let Mitsato be the main character. She's already the one who does everything just let the show be about her. gently caress.

asuka should have been the main character

i think that was the idea in pre-production; it's in an artbook somewhere

• Locked thread